How To Improve Your Learning And Self Confidence At Work
Advice on ways to improve your learning ability and self-confidence before starting a new job
- Believe that you are capable of performing the job duties.
- Doing some research and acquiring knowledge of the company can increase confidence.
- Learn to be conscientious, this will show you are hardworking, dependable, well-organized and thorough.
- Be agreeable, this reflects that you are courteous, flexible, trusting, god0natured, cooperative, forgiving, softhearted, and tolerant.
- Being open shows that you are creative, cultured, intellectually curious, broad-minded and artistically sensitive.
- Exhibiting Extroversion shows that you are social, gregarious, assertive, talkative and active.
Improve your learning abilities
- Learn to appreciate your capabilities by identifying your skills.
- Look into training for skill that you want to improve on.
- Concentrate on what you are learning.
- Find something that interests you in what you are learning.
- Be selective in learning new things, determine what is most important.
- Commit important things to memory.
- Practice what you have learned. Experience is an excellent learning tool.
- Organize new information so that it makes sense to you.
- Think carefully about the things you have learned, step away from it all and ponder it.
- Asking others for feedback on your progress will help better acquire knowledge.
- Assess yourself and have others assess you to learn your strengths and any weaknesses that you can improve on.
Improve self confidence by enhancing your self esteem
- Set small goals that by achieving will give you easy victories.
- Say positive things about yourself
- Imagine yourself performing well at tasks.
- Take responsibility for events around you.
- Be optimistic when you talk, keep the negative thoughts to yourself.
- Dress and act in a manner that makes you feel good about yourself and feel professional.
- Developing a base of facts will help you project a confident, knowledgeable image.
- Learn new skills and let people know about them.
- Be proud of your work.
- Take sensible risks.
- Be able to adapt to change.
- Overcome shyness by focusing on others.