- Business and Employment»
- Small Businesses & Entrepreneurs
Direct Sales -Tips and Ideas
Direct Sales -Tips, Ideas And Tools
Direct Sales people are that unique breed who combine being home with a part of full time career. She may or may not work out of the home. She is dedicated to making the lives of her family better. So here we are to make your life much easier with all the tools, information and ideas that will help you enjoy more
What is a direct sales career? You are a sales rep for a company and earn a commission on your sales. The products vary as much as the commission, depending on the company. So do the compensation plans. So you need to find a product that you can believe in. That means something that you can and would use at a price that is reasonable and affordable.
Open House Party
Introduce Your New Line Or New Products
This is a no pressure event to celebrate your new business, show your new line or celebrate your business success.It's an easy step to either get your line launched, focus on a new product line or celebrate a successful new step. Invite everyone you know.Make it casual with very little pressure. Of course you will want to have nice rereshments on hand. Since this is a special event, stage your products beautifully. If your product is a craft item, have a make it and take it station. If you are in makeup, you might want to have some take home samples. Candles should be shown and lit. You get the idea ! An open house should showcase your products, but you should be prepared to take orders, have booking packages available, plaenty of busness cards. Make sure to have a guest book stratigically placed to collect names and phone contaxcts. Have business cards and brochures ready with little "party favors"Be ready to do business, but not aggressively.Have drawing for a nice gift. Make it all about the products- showcase them and you in a very not in your face way. This event is to build your outreach and busild a buisiness foundation.
Use this plan anytime you have a new product line to build interest
Get More Bookings
If you are a party consultant or a direct sales person , the main part of your business is to get more bookings. Let's face it, if your planner isn't full of bookings, you are not making money.That can be challenging at best. Here are our top ideas to get your bookings without the challenge.
- Give a door prize Get names and addresses or phone numbers and award a door prize.Offer an incentive like a special gift or a discount to anyone who books a party while they are filling out the slips. You will accomplish two things- first you will build your customer list . Second, you will have a list of people to call when you have specials. While they may not want to book now, they may at a future date. Make your door prize special ]. Wrap it up as nicely as you can. Hole off for a while and let the suspense build up.
- Mystery Hostess Gift Offer a very nicely wrapped hostess gift to anyone booking a party that night. Make it somnething of real value, but don't show the contents. The gift is to be given at the party, not before.Make a big deal about the contents. Announce it's value , give some hints...refer to it several times before the end of the party.
- Book To Look Envelopes Take some colored envelopes and decorste them a bit...In each envelope place a special coupon.free shipping, free candle, 20% off coupon, 1/2 item of their choice, $25 gift certificate, or what ever you would like to give away. Give each guest an envelope and tell her not to open it until you say. After you tell everyone about the hostess benefits, let them know that the envelopes are a game and the only way you can open them is to book a show
- Stop and Book halfway through taking the orders, stop announce to everyone at the show, " so far (hostess) has $$$ in sales. So far she is going to receive $$$ in free product, plus ___ items at half price, etc. But if she has at least one booking within 30 days she will receive $$$ in free product!!!
Everyone will want to help her and you will book more shows
- Call Previous Hostesses snd ask them if they would like to book another party Especially good if you have a special new incentive to offer or any new products. Just explain that you were thinking of them and you wanted them to be the first to have an opportunity to get.......whatever you have to offer
Want More Bookings -Theme Your Shows
With everyone's schedules, it's getting harder to get people together to do a show or demonstartion.
Get creative and theme your shows and classes. Theme by season. Make them fun and you will get more bookings. The more fun that you create, the more bookings you will get.
Dress up a fruit or vegetable have people dress up a fruit or vegetable and award prizes for the best
Pretty PJs....have everyone bring pjs' in a paperbag . Have everyone guess who's they are- can also be done with candles or whatever else you are selling
Margarita Party Mix up some Margaritas and some Tortilla chips and your sales will fly. Your guests will be relaxed and ready to do some shopping
Wine and Cheese Party Who doesn't love wine and cheese? You will reap big benefits with this party.
Tea or Coffee PartyIf alcohol isn't your thing, why not have a tea or coffee party? Offer hot and cold beverages with assorted cookies and your guests will enjoy your event
Know Your Products ! The first thing you must do, is you haven't done it already is to become an expert in your product line. Read your catalogs and sales information until you are the go to person in your niche. Being able to speak or write intelligently about your product is essential to both your sales and recruiting. If you have recruited others to your company, you need to educate your team as well. Your profit line will increase with just this one step.
Business Card Tips
Many companies provide business cards at a very reasonable rate. Some require that the cards provided by them. E=When you are getting started, the tendency will be to buy a minimal amount. However, you will be handing out a great many cards, especially in the beginning. So, it's important to have a good supply of cards available
- Use Both Sides You will double your opportunity to communicate with a potential client or recruit. For a small amount oof money you can increase your profits using both sides of your business cards. You can include things like a list of your services, testimonial quotes from happy customers, a calendar, or your bio.
- Make your card creative. Make it say something about you and the special qualities that you bring to your business.
- Make The Important Information Easy To Find Don't bury your phone number in a cluster of print. Make sure that it stands out !
- Make Sure It's Clear What You Do It's important that people identify you with your business
Must Have Business Card Holders - For Purse And Table -Business Cards Are A Necessity
For the small amount of investment, each of these business card holders will more than return the small investment that you will make in them. As a direct sales mom, you need to make a real professional impression on all your contacts. And first impressions do count ! You will need one for your purse or bag and one for your table at your parties or demos.
Recruiting Tips And Ideas
Build Your Team and Get more profit from your business ! Most companies reward you for bringing new consultants and reps onboard. Here are the best tips on how to do just that !
Party Games - Refresh Your Parties With New Games
- 100 Party Games
Huge resource to get you all the games that you need
Blogs and Resources For Direct Sales Moms
Everyone, no matter what kind of business they are in, need to be constantly learning and growing. We have collected the best blogs and resources for your growth.
Wear or use your products as often as you can ! Promote what you do by wearing company logo or colors. If your company has company shirts or other products try to promote your business by making your company visable !
Free Direct Sales Resources
- Craft fair table cover
This is a must have for any craft fair. Table covers are easy to make and make your booth look amazing! :D I finally broke down and bought a table in...