- Business and Employment»
- Small Businesses & Entrepreneurs
How to Increase Your Abundance
It's Never About The Money
There are many times someone says to me, "I can't afford that right now" or "I'll have to see if I have enough." My reply is..."It's never about the money."
If you want to do something, you set the intention and the money comes in for it. But many of us are uncomfortable about saying, "no" so we say we don't have enough. The result...you actually diminish your prosperity.
In this lens I share with you some radical new ways to think about money and invite you to change your relationship with it. Then money can flow in and support that which you are most committed to.
The Metaphysics of Money
And four steps to changing your relationship to money
Most people consider money a measure of life force. By expending life force, i.e. working, a person receives a certain amount of money in return. This is what I call materialistic money. This view has a very limiting belief system that says there are those who have and those who don't have.
In my energy sessions with others I have found that many people project their unresolved issues onto money, including religion, sex, power, family, unresolved karma, self worth and a host of other highly creative possibilities. If, for example, you feel unworthy of love from your family and you've projected family issues onto money, then you won't allow yourself to receive. Or you'll energetically give off the information that you're not worthy, ensuring that people don't pay you for your services.
The way we think it is....
When you work with money materialistically, you perceive the source of money outside of yourself in a form that is constantly judging you. This means your life force energy flows out horizontally in front of your low belly to a false form that you consider the source of money. This might be the government, your boss, clients, parents or to whomever you give away your power. Energetically this creates a reversed flow to growth and evolution. In other words, it limits and restricts the inflow of money.
The way it really is...
If you strip money to its purest essence, it represents an energy flow from the Creator Source. It nourishes the life force within us. We live in an abundant world and universe, with plenty of life nourishing energy for all of us. When this concept is known throughout every fiber of your being then money transforms from a materialistic level to a spiritualized one. It becomes an expression of life force not a measure of it.
Life force energy naturally moves through us vertically while we are in our human bodies. To have greater amounts of money in your life, simply increase the flow of vital life force energy through your body. Your intentions will decide the form of expression that the life force energy takes, including money. What creates vital life force energy is joy and reverence for life. When you express your life force energy with joy and reverence, money will naturally follow. Below are four simple, but profound steps to apply this principle and increase the flow of money in your life:
- Affirm the abundance of life force in your life. All that is in your life is an expression of what you have created from life force energy. If you are only noticing the lack of money, you are affirming a story that there is not enough life force. This reduces the flow through you as life is created by your viewed reality. Your home, car, food, clothes, family, work, health can all be areas that you can affirm as a positive and abundant life force flow. The traditional form for affirming is to express appreciation from your heart to the Creator Source for all that you have.
- Acknowledge the forms that nourish you spiritually and emotionally. That might be a religious or other spiritual organization. It might also be an organization that affirms your reverence for life as it works to end world hunger, bring aid to those who need medical help or provides homes for the homeless. Whatever the form that spiritually nourishes you, it should be something that you feel passionate about. The traditional form for acknowledgment is donating money.
- Pay it forward. By generously donating money at the beginning of the month before all the bills are paid, you are making a powerful statement that you are in a place of thriving not just surviving. Generosity opens the channels for life force flow. Energetically you are also calibrating your field to that which spiritually nourishes the life force within you. This magnetizes your field. Since money is highly magnetic then you attract more of it to you. You also attract other forms of abundance as well.
- Add intention to your money. When you work with spiritualized money you are free from those agencies that try to control you. Each time you spend money, you are making an energetic statement about what you stand for, what you value. You can take this concept even further. When you pay the electric bill, your taxes, or a credit card, your money can carry your spiritual values with it and become an agent for change...no pun intended! Simply link your check or money to your spiritual values with an intention. Want to see your tax money support education, peace, tolerance? Tell your check to do that.
How can one knows that this works? As an energy reader, I can vibrationally see that doing this does increase what you are focused on. But if you are a doubter and have to have a scientific experiment to prove it, consider this: At the very least you will feel empowered with your money, which increases your vital life force, which increases your money...
Here's a Great Way to Get Started - A win-win offer
What Do You Think About Tithing? - Metaphysical Practice or Religious Scamming
Tithing has been promoted by many religions as a means to prosperity. In essence, donate 10% of your earnings to your church or spiritual organization and you will receive abundance. The stated metaphysical benefit of tithing is that when you acknowledge the source of your spiritual support and or guidance it unlocks a universal or divine support in the form of money.
What do you think?
How I Had to Change My Relationship with Money
For most of my life, money wasn't an issue. My first husband and I had an amazing ability to create money together AND we had financial and business support from both of our families.
Then we got divorced. I married again and this time I wanted a relationship that wasn't also a business relationship. I received a monthly income for over 10 years, which I spent every month. I never saved.
In one year, this monthly income stopped, my husband left his job which also included our home that we were living in, and my son faced some serious disabilities that required me staying home and taking care of him. My husband became very depressed and resisted taking any job at all.
Instead of renting (we weren't in a good rental market), I decided we should buy a house. My credit was great at that time so we jumped in to it.
With our income halved and our expenses doubled, we very quickly spiraled into debt via credit cards. It didn't take long to have over $60,000 in credit card debt. I began getting credit cards to pay off credit cards.
Finally, I called a halt to the madness. I went to my parents and asked them to loan us the money so we could get out from the credit card debt. They refused. So I turned to Debt Management services. We didn't qualify because our income wasn't enough to even make a reduced consolidated debt payment.
In a great deal of fear and shame I decided to surrender the situation over to a higher power. I offered my life in service to the Light (my own sense of a greater power). I stated that I was willing to take on whatever that meant, even living homeless under a bridge (however I thought I might be more effective if there was more money involved). Basically, I released resistance to the problem and opened to a solution.
I felt a huge shift inside of myself and took that as a positive response to my cry for "help!"
I began to read self-help books about how to get out of debt and I completely changed my relationship to money. It was not my job to secure the money...it was the Universe's (or the Divine, or the Light) job to make that happen. My job was to be in service as a healer.
The first year started slowly. We had been trying to sell our home but there were no takers. We rented out the house that we had bought and moved to Mexico (where my husband's family was from). Our living expenses were less there and I could get help with our son so I could get back into my healing work.
I became a Reiki Master and my income seemed to double overnight. My husband began to work more consistently. Things slowly but surely began to turn around.
Then the house we were living in (a family-loaned home that was rent free) burned down. We lost most of our furniture, clothes, books. Everything. Now, trying to slowly pay off credit card debt and buying everything new again seemed impossible. I decided to consider bankruptcy. I released all fear about this course of action (and shame and guilt) and affirmed that this was the right way to move forward.
I made an appointment to see a bankruptcy lawyer. I felt very peaceful about it. Within 24 hours we had an offer, finally, on our house! It was a miracle. With the equity from the home, we settled our credit card debt.
Our task has always been to learn how to handle our money, but I leave it up the Universe to bring it in.
Books and Movies to Shift Your Thinking about Money
An incredible true life story about getting out of homelessness.
Applying the 10 steps such as in AA can be a profound experience of getting into right relationship with money.
A more recent classic.