What Makes a Good Job for an ENFP?
Why is finding the right ENFP job a problem?
ENFP jobs should be interesting, varied and enjoyable.
Of course these are very subjective things, so this page has a list of jobs that are popular with ENFP personality types in a lot of different areas. That way you can get an idea of the many different options open to you.
You may have seen some of these careers options on other lists. Others will probably be new to you as we've included some of the newer career paths that are just opening up as well as more traditional ones traditional options.
We're often said to be very flexible and adaptable, interested in many different things and able to succeed at just about anything they turn their hand to.
So far so...brilliant!.
The downside of this flexibility is that it can be difficult to choose a job or career path, so in this lens you'll also find some careers advice to help you with your choices as well as links to other pages we've written that we thought you might find helpful.
Thanks for stopping by :)
Are you ENFP?
What do you think of these?
These aren't in any particular order... Want more? Have a look at the full ENFP Careers List that you'll find on our website, details below.
- Social Media Manager - doing what we do best...communicating :)
- Entrepreneur, Social Entrepreneur Work for yourself and make a difference in the world.
- Counselor - general or specialized, e.g., relationships, grief, children
- Event Planner, Event Manager - A varied & flexible career covering corporate event, sporting events, launches, parties and festivals.
- Trainer - working for an organization, or freelance working for yourself
- Sustainability Manager - helping to preserve the world's resources for tomorrow
- Interpretive Guide - interpreting the history, culture or nature of a place for visitors
- Healer, Alternative Medicine,e.g, acupuncture, massage therapist.
- Psychologist - you've probably seen this one on lists before, but it's here for a reason. See the comment from SageInACage in the Dream Job section below.
These jobs are from the ENFP Careers List. Want another 160 careers options? Have a look at the ENFP Careers List for yourself
Find out more about your personality and your career
10 More Jobs ENFPs may Enjoy
- Corporate Social Responsibility Manager - helping organizations to give back and be more responsible
- PR Manager- working for an organization or freelance.
- Kindergarten Teacher - inspiring children, what could be more rewarding and fun?
- Creative Director - Letting your creative side show through and leading the creative efforts of others
- Life coach - lots of options here, e.g., helping people with change, to be more creative, live more fulfilling lives.
- Health Coach - help people to take control of their health and fitness.
- Wedding Planner
- Librarian - a life surrounded by books and helping people find what they need, sounds good doesn't it?
- Website Designer
- Animal Behavior Specialist, Pet Counselor - love working with animals and people?
Are you in your dream job?
But How to Choose?
That's the million dollar question!!
We ENFPs want a job we enjoy, one that we find fulfilling and that is meaningful to us. We want more than just a paycheck at the end of the day.
Not everyone else thinks like this and a lot of advise that's given to young people when they're making their career choices in high school and college common reflects more traditional views.
This includes focussing on the salary level of a job, or just on jobs that match your qualifications. This advice is usually well-intentioned and there are elements of it that are certainly worth paying attention to.
But if you're an ENFP personality type you'll probably find that also taking other factors like your values, interests and what you want out of life into account will help you to make a better decision. For more careers advice just check out our website ENFPCareersGuide.com.
...some of the most in-demand jobs now didn't even exist 10 years ago!
This is good news for you for flexible greatives like us
Does it matter whether or not you like the people you work with?
Are freedom and flexibility important to you?
How important is it that you have some flexibility on how you schedule your day?
ENFPs are known for being versatile and talented in many different areas. YEAH!!