- Business and Employment»
- Employment & Jobs
Fat and Curvy Women in High Demand for Plus Size Modelling Jobs
These are good times for curvy women as fashion designers and retailers now know the worth of plus size models. This has contributed in no small measure to the high demand for fat female models.
A plus size model is always needed in the fashion industry, and contrary to the misinformed belief that only svelte, tall and skinny girls are in demand by the modelling agencies, plus size modelling is a high demand career.
So if you are a full-bodied woman who feels proud of her curves, and desires to pursue a career in the fashion industry then plus size modelling may be right for you.
Admittedly, fat female models need a special drive and resilience to work in this glamorous fashion industry, but if you are bold, and proudly voluptuous, you can easily go for a plus size modelling career.
And if you are an aspiring model and show great potential, many agencies will take you up.
One thing to take note of is that to be a success in the plus size modelling industry, you need a little extra height, and your size range must be ideal and proportional.
Building Up A Portfolio . . .
Before you decide to have a slice of this fashionable and high flying career in plus size modelling, here are a few tips to prepare you for your presentation to modelling agencies.
- Have a portfolio of photographs showing your naturally endowed beauty. Your radiance must shine through. There must be no photo touch ups, staged photo shots, air-brushed pictures or the likes.
- For a plus size modelling self presentation, have high quality shots of yourself in a very flattering attire. Face shots and full body shots. The photos must be of top quality so you can stand a great chance with the agency panel.
- If you have poor-quality photographs in your portfolio, it's better to arrive at the agency without photographs than to present substandard ones.
An Insider's Guide to Plus Size Modelling
It will help you develop a strategic plan to get you signed with an agency and begin working in as little time as possible".
Requirements for Signing Up
- Fat models are generally expected to be between 5'8" and 6' tall, so if you are within this height range, you are good to go. 5′9″ is usually the minimum height required for larger markets, though some agencies represent full-bodied girls who are 5′7 ″ and 5′8″.
- You will need to fit into a certain size to become a plus model, and you will have to be in shape if you wish to model swim wear, plus size lingerie or fitness wear.
- You must wear a minimum of size 12 US (14 UK). Sizes 18 and 20 are also needed occasionally, but not as much.
- For a plus size modelling career, a proportional figure is essential, with the right full curves in the right places.
- Having shapely legs is a definite must.
Links of Interest
IF YOU ARE FULL-BODIED AND SHAPELY, WOULD YOU CARE TO BE A PLUS SIZE MODEL?
Finding the Right Modelling Agency
Start by enquiring about plus size modelling agencies. You can also call the top agencies in your locality, and book appointments to see them.
- You can check with other models or fashion designers in the fashion industry for leads.
- On the alternative, you can search online, you are bound to find answers to your questions.
- Plus size models may be needed in larger sizes or shorter heights than is the standard, so it’s worth inquiring about this when you call agencies.
One important point to note. Never pay fees to apply or sign up with any modelling agency.
"Have you dreamed of being a plus size top commercial or fashion model but don't know where to start?" . . . You can start HERE at Model Scouts
On The Day Of The Audition
On the day of your plus size modelling appointment to get auditioned,
- You must wear comfortable and flattering semi-casual apparel in colours complimenting your skin colour, that 'sits' well and looks good on you.
- No squeezing into outfits, no skimpy attire and no sloppy looks.
- You must be smart and sharp.
- You may consider wearing a pair of low heels to give yourself a little extra height without looking or being overtly obvious.
- Be cheerful and wear a beguiling smile, walking smartly with a straight posture. .
In the plus size modelling world, you must learn to ignore criticism, avoid pessimism on your part, and don't let any pessimist get to you.
© 2009 viryabo