My favourite success quotes
Find the inspiration to succeed!
Looking for some inspiration and motivation to get you fired up to become all that you can be? Here are some of my favourite quotes from successful people in all walks of life that show you what it takes to believe in yourself and succeed at any endeavor you choose.
My favourite success quotes
1. "To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people, and the affection of children; to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty, to find the best in others; to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch, or a redeemed social condition; to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. That is to have succeeded."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
2. "The only limitation placed on our abilities is the inability to easily recognize our unlimited nature . It takes effort to become aware of our staggering and limitless abilities, it takes effort to become enthusiastic over a cause or an occupation. It takes effort to continue when our results as well as our friends tell us to give up trying. It takes effort to feel right about everything that happens, the joy and the sorrow of life. It takes effort to learn to love ourselves above all others, especially when we are so conscious of our failures, doubts and tragedies. It does not however take effort to fail. It is ironic that one of the few things in this life we have total control over is our attitude and yet most of us live our entire life behaving as if we have no control whatsoever. By our attitude we decide to read or not to read, by our attitude we decide to try or to give up, by our attitude we blame ourselves for our failure or foolishly blame others. Our attitude determines whether we love or hate, tell the truth or lie, act or procrastinate, advance or recede, and by our own attitude, we and we alone actually decide whether to succeed or fail" "The Seasons of Life" by Jim Rohn
3.If standard of living is your major objective, quality of life almost never improves, but if quality of life is your number one objective, your standard of living almost always improves.
4. "One's best success comes after their greatest disappointments."
- Henry Ward Beecher
5. "Circumstances do not make a man, they reveal him." Dr. Wayne W. Dyer
6. "Kindness in words creates confidence. Kindness in thinking creates profoundness. Kindness in giving creates love." Lao-Tzu
7. "A person shows what he is by what he does with what he has."Anonymous
8. The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion to his or her commitment to excellence, regardless of his or chosen field of endeavor.
9. "In the confrontation between the stream and the rock, the stream always wins- not through strength but by perseverance." H. Jackson Brown
10. "Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no help at all." Dale Carnegie
Success is 10% Inspiration and 90% Perspiration - Here's the 10%
11. "Some men give up their designs when they have almost reached the goal; While others, on the contrary, obtain a victory by exerting, at the last moment, more vigorous efforts than ever before." Herodotus
12. "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." Winston Churchill
13. "Success seems to be connected with action. Successful men keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don't quit." Conrad Hilton
14. "If at first you don't succeed, you're running about average." M.H. Alderson
15. "He who does not tire, tires adversity." Anonymous
16. "One of the commonest mistakes and one of the costliest is thinking that success is due to some genius, some magic - something or other which we do not possess. Success is generally due to holding on, and failure to letting go. You decide to learn a language, study music, take a course of reading, train yourself physically. Will it be success or failure? It depends upon how much pluck and perseverance that word "decide" contains. The decision that nothing can overrule, the grip that nothing can detach will bring success. Remember the Chinese proverb, "With time and patience, the mulberry leaf becomes satin." Maltbie Davenport Babcock
17. "What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog." General Dwight Eisenhower
18. "Before success comes in any man's life he is sure to meet with much temporary defeat and, perhaps, some failures. When defeat overtakes a man, the easiest and most logical thing to do is to quit. That is exactly what the majority of men do." Napoleon Hill
19. "You don't become enormously successful without encountering and overcoming a number of extremely challenging problems." Mark Victor Hansen
20. "I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances."
- Martha Washington
Still looking for more motivation? It must be Monday ...
21. "The person who gets the farthest is generally the one who is willing to do and dare. The sure-thing boat never gets far from shore."
22. "A non-doer is very often a critic-that is, someone who sits back and watches doers, and then waxes philosophically about how the doers are doing. It's easy to be a critic, but being a doer requires effort, risk, and change." Dr. Wayne W. Dyer
23. "Do not be desirous of having things done quickly. Do not look at small advantages. Desire to have things done quickly prevents their being done thoroughly. Looking at small advantages prevents great affairs from being accomplished." Confucius
24. "We live in deeds, not years: In thoughts not breaths; In feelings, not in figures on a dial. We should count time by heart throbs. He most lives Who thinks most, feels the noblest, acts the best."
25. "The first requisite of success is the ability to apply your physical and mental energies to one problem without growing weary."
–– Thomas Edison
26. "Every man who is high up loves to think that he has done it all himself; and the wife smiles, and lets it go at that." Sir James M. Barrie
27. "Mere longevity is a good thing for those who watch Life from the side lines. For those who play the game, an hour may be a year, a single day's work an achievement for eternity." Gabriel Heatter
28. "The best job goes to the person who can get it done without passing the buck or coming back with excuses." Napoleon Hill
29. The best way to make your spouse and children feel secure is not with big deposits in bank account, but with little deposits of thoughtfulness and affection in the"love account." Anonymous
30. "High achievement always takes place in a framework of high expectation." Jack Kinder
A great book, full of inspiration and motivational quotes.
Gotta comment? Or a quote? Or both? Let's hear it!