jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Is it difficult for a homeschooler to get into the movie or stage production ind

1. gbychan profile image59
    gbychanposted 8 years ago

Is it difficult for a homeschooler to get into the movie or stage production industry?

2. profile image0
    rethansmithposted 8 years ago

It is rather difficult to get into the industry as a general rule.  However, Dakota Fanning and her younger sister were both home-schoolers who hit it pretty big in the movie industry - so, I suppose there is hope.

3. Daniel Carter profile image77
    Daniel Carterposted 8 years ago

I would think it has a great deal to do with your personality, quite frankly. If you are gregarious and integrate well socially, I think these would be far better attributes than making an assessment as to whether or not you were home schooled. I don't think home schooling has any relevance, or at least very little. Additionally, I think it takes charm, tenacity and guts to stick it out until you hit pay dirt.

4. Auntie M profile image57
    Auntie Mposted 8 years ago

I have to agree with Mr. Carter.  I would suggest that you become familiar with your local theater groups and attend their casting calls. See how others in the industry preceive the individual and be prepared for assessments. Learn from them applying what you believe to be relevant.

working