Why does adsense ads not display ads according to the keywords i put in?

1. ruanz3 profile image67
    ruanz3posted 8 years ago

Why does adsense ads not display ads according to the keywords i put in?

Yesterday we talked about choosing the right keywords. But today i changed some keywords on a hub and and still adsense displays ads with different keywords. Is it because it takes time for adsense to catch up? Its the same with my other sites too. They display ads that doesnt have anything to do with my website sometimes.

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 8 years ago

Google is going to take most of its cues for ads from your written content.  But also remember, your ad codes are only in effect 60% of the time.

During the 40% of the time that the codes are HubPages, sitewide keywords and topics are what the ads are guided by.

And with new Hubs, it takes a while for specifics to be determined.

3. Maddie Ruud profile image78
    Maddie Ruudposted 8 years ago

It may take Google some time to crawl your page to place relevant ads, and during that time they may just display default ads based on the most popular keywords site-wide.  Also, if you aren't getting much traffic to a certain page, AdSense may revert back to these generic ads, but as soon as traffic picks up, you'll see more targeted advertisements.

To correct the information relache gave in her answer, this applies both during HubPages' impressions and yours.

working