- Business and Employment»
- Employment & Jobs
Top 12 Tips to Negotiating Salary in Interview
Free career tips and advice to maximize cash money earnings
1. Be prepared. Research company & salary range before interview.
2. Know your absolute bottom line. Know your minimum salary.
3. Market yourself. Emphasize reasons you should get offer.
4. Never discuss salary until you have a job offer.
5. Get the employer to disclose salary before you do.
6. When questioned about desired salary, name a pay range.
7. Do not disclose past salary. If you do, you lose your edge.
8. Remember value of perks with salary negotiation.
9. Make your salary discussion a friendly experience.
10. Don't say yes to an offer right away. Ask for 24 hours.
11. Get it in writing, once you have accepted a job offer & salary.
12. Declining an offer. If you decline offer, leave on best of terms.