Help Wanted: Promotions and Advertising Sales Professional
We're hiring a sales rep. Great opportunity, experience necessary.
Squidoo is one of the largest websites in the world, with millions of pages, half a million members, more traffic than cbs.com and more than 20,000,000 page views a month.
We're hiring someone to run our ad and promotion sales efforts. Please read this entire page and then let us know if you're interested.
Squidoo is now a huge website, and yet we've never made a sales call, instead relying on ad networks for our revenue. Now, we're big enough to offer advertisers innovative ads with a significant media footprint, reaching the most focused, action-oriented users online.
Major brands like Starbucks and Schick (but not Dupont, makers of cellophane) have had great success with their ads on Squidoo and now it's time to work with them directly. We're focusing on more than just banners, leveraging our deep long tail of information combined with legions of motivated and talented users.
We're looking for a trained professional, someone who has sold hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of online ads and promotions, someone ready to make calls on the first day.
Not an entry-level post
The job requires someone who has personally sold more than a few hundred thousand dollars worth of digital media. If that's not you, we're sorry, but we don't have an opportunity right now.
We have offices in Boulder, Virginia, Northern California, Texas, Arizona and New York, and our expectation is that the person we hire will be based in New York.
Hours are flexible, but our expectations for output are very high.
Pay includes significant base salary and extremely aggressive commission schedule, with no limit. Squidoo offers generous benefits for full-time employees.
How to apply
Please follow every step
1. Build a Squidoo lens on any topic you choose. Make it a good one.
2. Put together a CV, listing the promotions or ads you've sold and who you were working for when you sold them. A brief overview of your career would be terrific.
3. Email it all to email@example.com. We'll keep your application confidential.
Deadline is September 15, 2009
While you're here - Buy a book
Books make great gifts, and all proceeds we earn from your purchase go to charity.
More about Squidoo - We'll save you some time so you can sound smart when you apply
- All about Squidoo (click to learn more)
Founded by Seth Godin, run by a tiny but dedicated team, focused on raising money for charity, self-funded, relentlessly focused on helping our users succeed. That's us.
We're delighted to pay a bounty of $5,000 to anyone who refers us an all star that we end up hiring and working with.
Here's how it works:
1. You need to tell us the name and email address of the person who referred you when you first apply.
2. If, after three months, you're still doing great work, we'll send a check for that amount to the person who sent you.
3. No fair referring yourself, sorry. If you found the job on your own, we'll send the bounty to the Acumen Fund in your name.