How to complete offers on GPT sites
Psst! Wanna know a secret?
If you're new to the "get paid to" world, you're probably confused about how to complete offers and upset because you're not getting credit for some of the offers you do manage to complete.
At least, that's how I felt when I first started out. After a couple months of tearing out my hair, someone finally let me in on the secrets of getting offers to credit.
Ok. So they aren't actual secrets. Just a couple things you can do to your computer to raise your chances of getting an offer to credit. And it actually works! Just do these few simple tricks to get paid from gpt sites.
First you have to prep your computer
There's some stuff you have to do to your computer before you do offers.
- If you don't have Firefox, download it here. In my experience offers work better in Firefox and surveys work better in IE. Of course, for some people it's the complete opposite. You'll just have to experiment for yourself.
- Enable your computer to accept all cookies (tools--->options--->privacy). This will allow the GPT site to track which offers you do.
- Set your computer to allow pop ups (tools--->options--->content). Some offers have pop ups you have to view in order to get credit.
- If you don't have a ccleaner, download it here for free. Once you have it downloaded, open it and set it to Gutmann
(CCleaner ---> Options ---> Settings ---> Secure File Deletion ----> Gutmann).
This will completely erase your browsing history, cookies and more.
Watch how to use the ccleaner
Even if you don't use GPT sites, this is a great program to have on your computer. It will clean your cache, clean up registry errors, uninstall unwanted programs, and allow you to customize the programs that run during start-up. You can even set it to keep certain cookies on your computer so you don't have to reenter all your passwords once it clears your history and cookies.
These are all things you can do everyday to increase your chances of an offer approving.
- Clear your cookies before and after completing each offer. Make sure you log back in to the GPT site before you attempt another offer. Never clear cookies during an offer!
- Run the ccleaner before you do your first offer of the day.
- Create multiple email addresses. A lot of different offers are put out by the same company and you can only use your email address once per company. So create a couple and keep track of which email you use for each offer. Hotmail lets you create 3 emails a day. Also try Yahoo and Gmail.
- Only complete a couple offers a day (around 5-10). Doing too many at one time will bring your approval rate down.
- Don't do the same offer on multiple GPT sites. The only time it's ok to do the same offer on two sites is if it hasn't credited on the first site within 2 weeks of doing the offer.
- During an offer, let each page load fully.
- Be honest! Use your real name and address. If you don't want to be bombarded with phone calls, sign up for a free phone number at K7.net.
- Be patient. Some offers can take 1-3 days to credit. Some take even longer. Some are instant. You just never know until you get the credits.
Watch how to clear cookies
How to complete Step 2 offers
Step 2 offers are the ones that offer you something for "free with participation" and ask for your email address or zip code. These are easy to spot because at the bottom of the page (in fine print) it'll say something about having to complete 2 silver, 3 gold and one platinum offer in order to receive whatever prize they're offering. They usually pay between .25 cents - $1.50 and take 5-10 minutes to complete. To complete one, follow these simple steps:
- Choose one of the products (if you have a choice) and enter a valid email address or zip code. Click submit.
- Enter your real name, address and phone number (remember K7.net). Click submit.
- Click yes or no on the next 30some pages. I usually say no to all but one. On the pages where there is a big row of questions, you have to say yes to at least one. So click yes on one and then when it wants you to fill out the information on the next page, just click on "skip". And remember to let each page fully load.
- When you hit the page that says "Complete two offers to receive your prize", scroll down and click on an offer. When the new window opens, leave it open until it loads completely. I usually leave it open for an extra minute or so just to be on the safe side. X out of the new window. Back on the "Complete 2 offers" page, scroll down and click the button that says "next page".
- Repeat last step for this page. After you close the new window, you're done with this offer. X out and go back to the GPT site.
Watch how to complete a step 2 offer
How to complete a Quiz offer
Quiz offers are pretty easy. Just answer the quiz questions on the first two pages. Then give them your real name and contact information. Click yes or no on the next 30some pages. With most quiz offers you have to say yes to at least 2 offers before you hit the end. When you get to the results page, let it load fully before you X out of it. Don't do more than one quiz offer a day.
Watch how to complete a quiz offer
This is a tutorial on how to complete a Quiz Jungle offer from a certain gpt site. But it works the same no matter what gpt site you're using.
How to shop through a GPT site
Shopping is a great easy way to earn money with a GPT site. When I do it, I usually go to the webstore and decide what I'm going to buy (but don't add them to the cart!). Then I search the internet for coupons. Once I know what I'm going to buy and I have my coupon code ready, I close my browser and run the ccleaner. That will erase any little crumbs I might have left at the webstore. When that's done, I open Firefox and go directly to the GPT site I want to shop through. After logging in, I find the store and click on the link. When I reach the webstore, I immediately go to the products I want and put them in my shopping cart. It's important at this point that I don't open anything in another window or tab or use my back button to return to the last page. That could redirect the cookies and then I won't get credit. When all my products are added, I complete the checkout process. When the confirmation screen comes up, I leave it there for a couple minutes. Then I click out of the web store and go back to the GPT site. Shopping credits are usually added within 1-3 days.
Sometimes using a coupon I found outside the GPT's website can void the cash back. If I'm saving more with the coupon than I'll get back from the GPT site, I'll use the coupon. But I still go through the GPT's link. Most of the time using a coupon doesn't hurt anything.
Watch how to get cash back by shopping through a GPT site
This just happens to be one of my favorite GPT sites too!
One of the most important things to do is to keep track of what offers you complete. What I do is use graph paper. It lets me easily draw the columns I want. I keep track of the date, offer name, offer website name, gpt website, amount paid and when the offer gets approved I highlight it with yellow. That way I can tell at a glance if there's an offer I need to redo. I also give each GPT company their own sheet. It just makes it easier.
How many did you get right?
Share your score
Another easy way to make money!
Join Squidoo. It's fast and free. Just click the link below.
Photos and text; Â© 2010-2013 Catherine Taylor. All Rights Reserved
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.
I hope this cleared up any questions you had. If you still have a question, go ahead and ask. If you're already a member of a GPT site and you have a tip of your own, go ahead and leave it here and I'll feature it up top.
All comments are moderated.