7 Proven Ways to Improve Your Local SEO
If you own a website, you must have a common struggle like others, i.e. How to be on top in search results. With the advent of the technology, people use search engines to find anything or everything.
Supposedly, you’re a business owner who offer services in nearby areas but your business isn’t listed locally, then you will lack in growth indeed. Targeting local customers should be your first priority if you want growth. And this is where the importance of SEO comes in.
Local SEO optimization is all about how your website is optimized to rank for a local audience. A site gives you the opportunity to target the online world.
Supposedly, if the target audience related to your business located nearby where you have your shop or provide services, having a good local SEO on your site will put you on the first page of the search engine results.
What is Local SEO?
Local SEO is an effective way to boost your online presence and market your business locally. Generally, it helps business to promote their products and services to local customers at the time they’re looking for them online.
For instance, you’re on a vacation, walking around and suddenly you’ve started craving for a drink. What will you do?
You’ll take out phone and Google “drinks near me” and you’ll get the locations for the nearest drinks shop in the area. This happens because of “Local SEO”.
What are the Benefits of Local SEO?
Listed below are the benefits of local SEO.
- Provides Platforms to Showcase Your Presence: Any business that is not yet listed on local platforms gets a chance for exposure by submitting important information like- Name, Address, Phone Number, Nature of Business and much more. Try giving exact data about the business, and make sure you also upload pictures & videos relevant to your business.
- Create Awareness Among Audience: Having a good local SEO will help create awareness on the market about your presence so people who are interested in your services will get-in-touch with you via search engines.
- Creates Brand Image: If your brand is well known globally, you’ve ultimately created your brand image. Local SEO optimization focuses on creating your brand image in the local market so people can contact you and avail the products or services you offer.
- Social Media Marketing: Social media platforms are an effective medium to showcase your products and make a connection with the users. Local SEO also helps tailor your social media campaigns to a localized group, causing a huge customer flow in the business.
- Profit Generator: If steps are taken properly and correctly, then local SEO can boost your Business by making more profit along with the required online exposure locally.
How to Improve Your Local SEO?
Following are the 7 ways you can make your local SEO optimization a success.
- Get Started with Google My Business Account: Make sure you create a “Google My Business” page. This will not take more than 20 minutes and it will establish your presence for free on the search engines. Not only your business will appear in search results on all devices, but if Google observes your site as ‘legitimate’, then your business will get placed in the sidebar space.
- Get Reviews From Customers: Getting your customers to write reviews for your business not just engage customers with you, but it also increases online presence of your business and encourages more local customers to avail your services. To get reviews, ask in person after the closure of the sale or service.
- Start to Optimize Your Website For Mobile: Searches are mostly done on mobiles instead on the desktop. These days, people look for businesses on-the-go. If you want to improve your local SEO, it is crucial to creating a mobile-optimized website to get in the search engine result pages.
- Post High-Quality Content Onto Your Website: Posting high-quality content onto your website can work wonders for you. Having observed that websites with relevant information have more value and likely a good fit for searcher’s questions.
- Create a Separate Web page For Each Product You Offer: While it can be easier to lump all of your products or services together on one page, but you must avoid doing so. If you lump everything into one-page, search engines tend not to see your brand as an authority in one specific area. Make sure you create a separate page for each unique product or service you offer.
- Put Accurate Contact Information Onto Your Website: It’s important for you to confirm all the information listed on every page of your site. Ensure that your business name, contact number, and address are listed in text format. If the information provided by you found to be mismatched, you can loose a potential customer. Make sure your website has genuine information included.
- Get Top-Quality Links: The quantity and quality of links directed to your website have a great effect on its local search engine rankings. It’s not easy and requires effort. You have to invest in tactics to get top-quality, relevant links. Consider getting links to boost your local SEO, but keep in mind their quality too.
SEO changes with time, no doubt. You don’t know when Google is going to update its search engine ranking algorithm, but you can keep an eye on these Google updates with the help of tools like Mozcast, Algoroo etc.
If you’re a business owner who offer products or services locally, it’s important for you to optimize your local listing that helps increase your online presence and sale. By implementing these 7 proven ways, your website will likely to increase in local business in the long run.