How to Make Money on Ebay
Let Your Past Pay for Your Future
Do you have some things around the house that you used to love but really don't use anymore? Did your great great grandmother leave you a few things that you have absolutely no use for that you have carried with you the last three times you have moved and you really don't know what to do with the items and, other than sentimental value, they are just taking up space? Well, I'm going to tell you how you can sell your items on ebay and make a little cash to start a little nest egg for your future. Maybe one of your kids wants to go to college one day. Maybe you have had your eye on a flats boat for quite some time. Today you are taking the first step to accomplish your future goals and the best part about it is that you can do this from home. You don't need to go out and get a second job. This can be the start of your very own home business.
Choosing Items to Sell
The first thing you can do to see if you have things that might sell well is to check out ebay yourself. You can actually do a search on ebay for items that you already to have to see if someone is already selling that type of item and how much the item is listed for. The most helpful thing that I do is go to the REFINE button and go down the list to SOLD ITEMS. Just because people might be listing the item for a high price doesn't necessarily mean it will sell for a high price. This is a way to view what items have already sold and at what price. It is a great way to figure out what price point to start at, especially for a auction item. Keep in mind though, the lower you list your item start price, the more likely more people will view it and possibly watch it, but don't sell yourself short by listing it too low.
Check out the Competitor Listings for Price Point
You can compare prices by searching on Amazon for what they are selling their items for. It is a great way to know what the current market price is. You want to make sure you are not listing your item too low. You want to be competitive and get the best possible value you can get.
How to Upload an Item
I have a tried a lot of different ways to upload an item to ebay. Here is the quickest way, in my opinion. I am a power seller on ebay so I have quite a bit of experience. The fastest way it to use a smartphone. I have an iphone 5, which really comes in handy.
1. Download the ebay app into your phone.
2. Once you have your ebay account established, you want to go to Sell an Item.
3. Use the speaker button that allows you to speak into the phone and actually say what your item is. Using this feature saves you the time of typing everything out, but make sure you speak clearly and check to make sure there are no errors. There is only so much space so use it wisely. Be sure to list size and gender if your item is clothing.
4. Use your phone to take pictures of the item. You can list up to 12 photos without getting an additional fee charge. Be sure all photos are clear. Show measurements if needed, tags if the item is clothing, and make sure there is good lighting. Another thing you want to do is make sure the background of the photo is neat and clean. No one wants to buy something from a garbage dump.
5. Complete the detail descriptions using your smartphone and then upload the item. Be sure to charge the accurate amount for shipping and include the cost for the box or envelope so you do not short yourself that expense.