- Business and Employment
How to Save Energy in an Office
How can you save energy in your office?
The average business energy bill has risen to over Â£2600.79. I've looked through various methods for How to Save Energy in an Office. Here is a detailed analysis of the best.
With the global economic downturn now is the time to start making some real savings on your energy bill which can then be used in other aspects of your business.
A lot of the time it's the small thing, when done regularly, that make the big differences.
Office buildings consume over 198 billion kilowatt-hours of electricity every year, the vast majority of which is used for lighting and office equipment. Below are some energy saving tips.
- Unplug laptop and phone chargers when they are not in use
Tips for More Efficient Energy Use
- Turn off everything at night
- The DOE reports that lighting comprises 44 percent of an office's annual electricity use, so make sure lights are turned off when leaving rooms
- Replace all lights with energy saving bulbs - energy saving bulbs are cheaper than ever and now reach full brightness in just a few seconds. You can save over 80% of your lighting costs by doing this simple thing alone.
- Improve your insulation - use draught excluders to plug any gaps under doors, windows etc. This will mean you can use less energy heating your office.
- Encourage staff to work from home for at least one day a week.
- Institute a competition to see which member of staff can save energy the best. Assign a staff member to each week and take meter reading at the start of the week, offering a bonus to the member of staff who can save the most power.
The Best Free Energy Consultation
- Free Energy Saving Consultation
Just type in your email address or telephone number to receive expert advice on saving energy in the workplace.
Keep on top of Your Energy Bill
Often companies are being overcharged by their energy suppliers. Make sure you are checking your meter and bills thoroughly.