How to sell art online
Learn how to sell art online
Do you want to sell your art online? This is a compendium of sites providing advice and information to visual fine artists who want to know more about where and how to sell their art online.
It provides links to my websites for visual artists who want to earn more about how to get a good service and deliver a good service in relation to
- selling art online
- e-commerce for artists
- online galleries for artists
- selling art via print on demand services
- selling daily paintings
- improving communication with the client
- email and newsletter marketing for artists
- shipping art
Resources for Selling Art Online
This site provides a COMPENDIUM of all the other sites I've created which relate to selling art online. Most of these websites have received a purple star for excellent content. That means you can have just one bookmark to get easy access to great content
The links to other websites are interspersed with popular art books about different aspects of the art business and its economy
How to Get Started - Selling Art Online
There are rules about how to engage in e-commerce and any artist wanting to sell art online is well advised to become familiar with them
[website in transit]
2013 Artist's & Graphic Designer's Market - Kindle Edition
* Business Basics - How to get paid, copyright basics and promoting your work
* Social Media Marketing 102
* How to really use LinkedIn
* How to manage email lists and create newsletters
* How to sell your art
* Insurance for your studio, equipment, materials and artwork
* How to protect yourself legally when consigning artwork
* How to price your art
* How to profit from Digital Reproductions
* How to sell artwork from your studio
* Analysis of different markets for artwork - galleries, magazines, publishers, greetings cards, posters and prints; advertising and design
* Artists representatives
* Art Fairs
* Art Competitions
* Grants & Residencies
Format: Kindle Edition | File Size: 3124 KB
Print Length: 674 pages
Publisher: North Light Books; 37 edition (November 11, 2011)
Amazon reviews: 4.6 out of 5 stars (29 customer reviews)
Creative Inc: The Ultimate Guide to Running a Successful Freelance Business - Kindle Edition
Format: Kindle Edition | File Size: 715 KB
Print Length: 186 pages
Publisher: Chronicle Books; 1 edition (July 28, 2010)
Amazon reviews: 4.6 out of 5 stars (29 customer reviews)
How to Protect your Artwork Online
It's essential if you are putting images of your artwork online that you understand how to protect it - and how to find out whether your copyright is being violated without your permission
- COPYRIGHT - Art Business Info for Artists
Do you want to know more about how to protect your artwork on the internet or what to do if somebody steals your art?
- How to do a reverse image search
What is a reverse image search? How do you find who's stolen your art for their website? How do you find the source of an image you want to use?
How to Price Your Art
When pricing your art online you need to take account of the fact that the prices need to fit with whatever you are charging for similar work offline
- How to Price Your Art - Art Business Info for Artists
An introduction to the business of pricing art and different methods for calculating the price of a painting.
Seven Days in the Art World
More an overview of the art economy as a whole and some of its crazier aspects than a book about selling art online. However it's a great read and you learn a lot about the art world.
Hardcover: 304 pages - also available as a paperback
Publisher: W. W. Norton & Company; 1ST edition (November 3, 2008)
Amazon reviews: 4.1 out of 5 stars (40 customer reviews) |
How to Sell Original Art Online
There are lots and lots of sites which want to help you sell your art - but are they any good? More to the point do they get any visitors?
Do you want to know more about how to sell daily paintings online - or improve your knowledge about the painting a day movement generally? Check out this site to find out about websites which aim to help daily painters to sell their art online.
You may be very surprised by you find on the sites below
[website currently moving]
The $12 Million Stuffed Shark: The Curious Economics of Contemporary Art
Where do all these crazy astronomical prices for art come from - this books explains how prices for art get asked and paid. Less relevant to the artist at the bottom of the pile - unless you're planning on going places!
How to Sell Art via Print on Demand
PLUS self-publication for artists books
Do you want to know more about self-publication?
- how to get art prints of your art more economically and effectively
- how to produce a printed book of your art
This resources helps provide the answers to what options are available [ currently in transit]
How to Profit from the Art Print Market - Kindle Edition
Barney Davey is an expert in the traditional market for reproduction prints. In my view, this is more a book for those contemplating going down the traditional route with printing their art. However it's also very educational if you are weighing up the alternatives between traditional reproduction and print of demand.
This book looks at
* what self-publishing involves and what it takes to become a successful artist who publishes their own prints
* reviews the types of people who deal in art prints and how to find a publisher for your prints
* digital and giclee prints
Format: Kindle Edition | File Size: 355 KB
Print Length: 303 pages
Publisher: Bold Star Communications; 2 edition (December 15, 2010)
Amazon reviews: 4.4 out of 5 stars (16 customer reviews) | Like (1)
How to Communicate with Art Collectors
If you communicate well with customers you are much more likely to be successful at selling your art online.
Communication starts with what you tell the public about yourself and your work
- An Artist's Statement is essential - but lots of artists dread writing a statement about their art!
Then you need to think about how you communicate on a regular basis eg by email and blogging
- How to Write an Artist's Statement - Art Business Info for Artists
Introduction to How to Write an Artist's Statement
- How to write an Artist's Resume or CV - Art Business Info for Artists
How do you summarise your life as an artist in a CV or resume for galleries, exhibitions and potential employment? Do you understand the difference between an artist's CV, artist resume and a bio
How to sign a painting, drawing or fine art print
What's the best way for an artist to sign a painting? Should you date as well as sign a painting? How can you identify the genuine signature of an artist?
A Guide to Email Newsletter Software
Are you confused by the different software options for generating a newsletter delivered via email? You're certainly not alone - and this site is starting to try and sort out what are the free and paid options and how they compare.
I'd Rather Be in the Studio: The Artist's No-Excuse Guide to Self-Promotion - by Alyson B. Stanfield
NEW! in the 2011 edition:
- Power up your Facebook page
- Master Twitter with 9 types of tweets and 5 tweet makeovers
- Discover the secret for maintaining an active blog
- Save time on social media sites
- Boost your online presence using the social media tips throughout the book
Paperback: 279 pages
Publisher: Pentas Press; Second Edition: Updated & Expanded edition (April 22, 2011)
Amazon reviews: 5.0 out of 5 stars (25 customer reviews) | Like (13)
How to Ship Artwork to the Customer
Attention to detail is what gets a package to its desitination in one piece and with the artwork undamaged. Take a look at this very popular resource for lots of information and advice about how get your art to your client
How to pack, post and ship art - Resources for Artists
How do you pack art? How do you post art? How should you send a painting by post? How do you get artwork to an exhibition - and back again? What are the best...
Comments are always welcome and ANYBODY can comment
However please note that all comments are moderated before publication and all html is stripped out of comments. Spam is not published.