How To Work From Home Successfully
What To Look Out For When Starting To Work At Home
If you want to work from home successfully, it's important to do some necessary research. You will want to do some simple internet research on any work from home company that you plan on working for. There are some scams online that people fall for when they are desperate to begin making an income.
Important Things To Look For:
1. Companies That Ask For Upfront Payments
Be careful of these companies. Run a search engine query on any companies asking for upfront payments and be diligent. If they are asking for a credit card, odds are, they are not legit.
2. Work At Home Companies That Pay on Commission Only
Companies that pay on commission only, especially phone sales, often work out to be below minimum wage. I'm sure a few people are exceptionally good at phone sales, but the average person is just so/so. Some of the products they are asking you to sale are very expensive and hard to sell. Be very leery. Ask questions from others who work for them on forums or go to websites like Glassdoor.com to look up employee reviews.
3. Make Sure They Have a Good Reputation
Online forums are your friend when it comes to verifying a company has a good reputation. There are some excellent work from home forums like wahm.com that has a wealth of knowledge. If workers are happy, they often let you know. If they are upset, they will DEFINITELY let you know. It's a great way to get feedback from other workers before spending your time on a company that may not be worth it.
Handy Items for a Work at Home Office
Companies That Hire Work At Home Employees
Companies That Let You Enjoy Working At Home.
These companies are geared toward IT tech support and customer service. They are well-known and legitimate companies. I have worked from home for 10 years and can tell you that these are among the best.
1. APPLE AT HOME ADVISORS Apple most certainly hires people to work from home. They have advisors that specialize in Itunes and allow you to work in a chat room.They have at home advisors that work in customer service and answer phone calls about IOS support. Also, there are some who answer PC questions about Mac Computers and accessories, which may be great for a IT tech geek. All you have to do is go to jobs.apple.com and search for "At-Home" and the listings should pop up on what they are hiring for. They even have insurance benefits for both part-time and full-time employees, and yes, that includes that AHA Apple at home advisor positions.
2. ALPINE ACCESS This company is legitimate and hires at home employees to answer phones. They appear to be in a hiring phase. This company actually pays you for training and does often have full-time positions. If you like customer service, this may be the company for you. Visit Alpine Access
3. HILTON AT HOME Hilton hotels hires people to be customer service agents, reservation sales agents, and more. They like to hire vets and military wives, but they definitely hire anyone with a customer service background as well. It's a good company to check out and you can definitely work at home knowing you will get paid for your time.
4.Westat Westat hires people to do phone surveys regarding companies and businesses and it almost seems like you are a mystery shopper by phone. It's a neat job for someone who needs flexible hours and to do something unique. It's definitely not a sales job, which may be a welcome change for some people. It's a legitimate company and they do pay their employees, at least at the time of this writing, and I have a personal friend who can vouch for receiving paychecks from them on time. You can check out their website for more information and to find out if they are hiring Westat
5. Sutherland At Home Sutherland At Home is another company that is well-known and respected in the wah community. They have openings for technical support, customer service, and sales. They boast hours flexibility and their policy is to promote from within if you are doing a good job. Hiring seems to be going strong right now and openings are available. Most of their positions are part-time, with occasional full-time positions. If part-time is what you need to supplement your income, then definitely check them out at SutherlandAtHome Work at Home Associates
More Working From Home Opportunities
1.You can sell on Ebay! If you are creative and can make things with arts and crafts, you can make money on Ebay. People sell their crafts, clothing, and art work all the time. It's a great way to make some extra cash working at home. I've seen some people make a great living at sewing clothing that is unique. Also, some arts and crafts are huge on ebay. It's a great way to earn some extra money.
2. There are sites where you can pick and choose what you want to do and do it any time of day. If you are fast with your computer, there are sites like MTurk out there. The pay may seem low, but if you're fast, it's some great pocket change that could turn into much more.MTurk Work At Home
3. Do you enjoy forums online? There are several companies that hire moderators to moderate forums from home. They often have various hours available to adhere to your schedule needs. The good thing is if you like posting on forums, you might be a great fit for this job. In other words, you might actually LIKE working! You can apply at This ICUC application site
Important Links and Resources
Online forums and resources for wahm, sahms, and workers at home
1. Wahm This site provides working from home resources for wahms a.k.a. work at home moms, and they also welcome everyone that is working from home for whatever reason.
2. Glassdoor This site is a great resource for people interested in researching companies. It has employee reviews and information from those who are truly working inside the company you are researching. It's a great place for information on pay, work environment, management, and more.
- Copywriting and Content Writing
Articles, website copy, blogs, and more