More Unusual Jobs You Never Heard Of
In today’s economy we are all looking for ways to make more money, gas and food prices alone make most of us want another full time job just to be able to afford to get back and forth to work and be able to feed our families. Here is a continuation of “Unusual Jobs You Have Never Heard Of,” that I wrote last year, maybe you will find a new passion or a new side job, you never know. Enjoy!
• Gum Buster- Believe it or not there is no cape involved in this occupation, (I know what a bummer, right?) You also won’t find a gum buster at your dentist’s office, we are talking about chewing gum. We have all done it at some point or other, sticking our gum where it doesn’t belong. Well now never fear go ahead and stick that gum under that desk or bench because if you don’t who is going to hire the gum busters to get rid of it?
- Fountain Pen Repairman- I cannot imagine this being a very lucrative job but it is out there and there are people that want the older fountain pens kept in working order, so perhaps you have some expertise in this area and are willing to help others out for a small fee.
- Professional Whistler- Now who would have thought all the whistling “Dixie” under your breath would come in handy, now of course a professional whistler has to blessed with the talent to control the pitch and tune of their whistle, but it can be done with practice. Believe it or not but there was one famous whistler who actually made albums back in the 70’s, he had dozens of them.
- Dice Inspector- Now I would think this would be more of a job located near Vegas, but you never know when the opportunity might arise. A dice inspector, obviously checks to make sure the correct numbers are in place, but also performs vast security checks such as, have the dice been tampered with, are they perfectly squared and weighted correctly. You know it is no fun to play games when the dice are crooked!
- Train Pusher- No this isn’t someone who stands on the platform and pushes people off, this is relative it seems only to Japan but it sounds like an awesome job and I think we should start it here in the States immediately! The stations in Japan hire people to actually stuff more riders on the subways and will bodily pack them in like sardines, so if you enjoy pushing people around maybe you should pursue this opportunity.
- IMAX Screen Cleaner- Now isn’t this something all of us have wondered about, how to keep those pesky movie theatre screens clean. I know I would not want to sit through a movie if the screen was so dirty I couldn’t make out what was happening, so this is a necessary job. I imagine this and the gum buster should get together and offer their services, they would make a killing!
- Professional Waterslide Tester- Last but not least, this has to be one of the best jobs ever, where do you go to get a job like this? I do not know but we all need to go out right now and find out! This job brings new meaning to fun at the office, alas it is a serious business as often resorts and parks want their waterslides to be not only fun but a safe activity for everyone, still….can you imagine telling people what you do……
I hope you enjoyed learning about some unusual and odd jobs you may have never heard of before, I don’t know if this will be the last as there are so many more opportunities out there, did I tell you about the chicken sexer or the crocodile wrangler, what about the snake milker? Ok so maybe there will be another one...stay tuned!
More From JesadaB.....
- Elementals, What are they?
What are the Elementals? Do you know? A little tutorial on the basics of the Earth, Air, Fire and Water Elementals.
- Dead Peasant, Are You One?
Never heard of a dead peasant? Your not alone but it will surprise you what it really means.
- Crazy Laws from Virginia and West Virginia
More crazy laws from Va and Wv some you may find very surprising.
- Haunted Brookdale Lodge
A fascinating haunted destination with a rich history and is said to be home to as many as 49 spirits.
- Unhealthiest Fast Food Items
How often do you eat out? Do you know how many calories are in that burger or bucket of chicken? Find out here!