- Business and Employment
On Hold Messages - How To Get Them Working For You!
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you will enjoy reading this information about the positive benefits of telephone on-hold messages.
This is a collection of my articles that cover the topic of on hold messages and the benefits of using a professional voice over artist to record them.
I am a female voiceover artist with a British accent and have recorded several on hold messages for companies worldwide.
5 Reasons to use On-hold Messages
In these difficult economic times it’s worth using every marketing tool available to you. On hold messages are a simple, effective and cost -efficient method of getting your marketing message out to your clients. Think of an on-hold message as a form of infomercial about your business. It’s an ideal opportunity to tell your potential customers about the products and services you offer and the benefits they can bring. No one likes to be put on hold, and many of us feel it’s a complete waste of our time. So if you can turn this into a productive, entertaining 2 or 3 minutes, your callers will appreciate it. Your company will also appreciate the benefits, as studies conducted by major telecommunication companies revealed that approximately 20% of callers that are placed on hold will actually make purchase decisions based on what they hear while they are on hold.
So what are some of the benefits of using an on-hold message?
1. Introduce new products or services to your customers. 2. You have a captive audience why not use this valuable undivided attention - Entertain and inform them but also remind them that you value them as a customer.
3. Callers are more likely to stay on the line if they hear a message and/or background music. A caller who doesn't stay on the line is a potential lost sale.
4. Inform your customers of general business hours and holiday time opening and closing times. Use the message to answer frequently asked questions - saving your customer service team time and resources and increasing their efficiency.
5. Tell customers the benefits of using your products and services - remind them how your company can help improve their situation and solve their problem.
Its also important to choose a voiceover artist whose voice reflects your company’s brand and image. Choose a voice that makes your company sound engaging and interesting. A voice that is clear and distinct, but also one that engenders trust and credibility. A professional voiceover artist can deliver a persuasive sales message as well as sounding polite and personable.
Written by Alison Pitman.
Have you Updated Your Message On Hold Recently?
Are you missing out on a cheap marketing tool that can boost your sales and enhance your company image? On hold messages are simple, effective and cost-efficient method of getting your marketing message out to your clients. Think of an on-hold message as a form of infomercial about your business. Instead of silence, provide your customers with an entertaining and informative message about the products and services you offer. Your company will feel the benefit as studies conducted by major telecommunication companies suggest that approximately 20% of callers that are placed on hold will actually make purchase decisions based on what they hear while they are on hold.
But on hold messages are only effective as they are current Messages need to be updated to keep them relevant. Use your on hold message to inform customers about current promotions and changes in your business that may affect them. Let them know about improvements and upgrades you've made to your products and services.
Businesses that don't update their messages are missing out on a marketing opportunity and are in danger of annoying their customers by playing them old, out of date messages.
How often a company needs to change their message will depend on the the particular needs of each company. Some companies could benefit from a regular update each month, others will do perfectly fine with 2-3 messages each year. Also remember to keep your recordings fresh by changing the background music as well! When you do make a change to your on hold messages, you may want to update your current voiceover artist too. Choose a voice that suits your company and your customers - a voice that is persuasive, clear and credible.
Written by Alison Pitman.
4 Factors to consider when choosing a voice for your telephone system recordings.
Instead of using "Bob from accounts with the nice voice" to record your company telephone system greetings and messages, why not employ the services of a professional voice over artist. They will provide you with quality recordings to give your business a professional sound and image. So when deciding which voice should represent your company here's 4 factors to consider.
1. Gender : The majority of all telephone system recordings are recorded by female voice talents, however, you may find that a male voice is more suited to your industry or organization, especially if you represent an industry traditionally associated with men.
2. Age : This refers to the age of the voice rather than the age of the voice actor. Some voice artists have a younger sounding voice than their age in years, others, for example, have a middle-aged sound even though they are only in their early twenties. What sound would reflect your customer base the best? Would a young, funky, street sound work better than a mature, sophisticated, informative style?
3. Style: Depending on what your company offers, you may want to consider matching the style of voice to your products and services. If your company is a health-care provider for example, would a warm, comforting voice be a more suitable style. Alternatively, if you're a Sports wear retailer, an upbeat, energetic voice would better reflect your company services.
4. Accent: What accent would your customers prefer to hear? Would a local or regional accent be expected by your callers? Would they prefer to listen to a dialect that matches their own? Alternatively, maybe you would like your phone system to have a more exotic sound. Several US companies deliberately choose to employ a British accent voice artist to bring a global feel to their recordings. It may also be worth considering employing a bi-lingual voiceover talent if your customer base has a large foreign language bias. Many companies choose to record their phone prompts in both English and Spanish for example.
You could say that your voice over will only be as effective as the voice talent that you cast, so script and choose wisely!
Alison Pitman Voiceover Services
- British Female Voiceover Artist Alison Pitman- Professional business narrations with British Accent.
Visit my website to hear demos and to find further information about my voiceover services and pricing.