- Business and Employment
Revenue Sharing Websites where you can use Google AdSense
Google AdSense is the biggest and most popular display advertising network in the world. If you have an AdSense account, you can earn some extra money through publishing your writing on 'Revenue Sharing Sites'. These websites help you to make money by displaying AdSense ads alongside content that you create. When people click on the ads, the website will pay you a proportion of the money that they earn.
These sites allow you to create and publish your own original content and in return will pay you a percentage of the revenue that your ads generate. In this article we'll explore some of the most popular revenue sharing sites and let you know how you can get started. We'll explore the following:
- Other sites
Perfect for long-form articles, HubPages allows users to create content on almost any subject.
It has an easy to use editing system that assists writers in adding images, polls, tables, videos and other rich media to their articles. HubPages pays users 60% of the amount earned from views of AdSense ads and sales of Amazon products promoted in their articles (known as Hubs).
If you like answering questions from other users, WebAnswers is for you.
The WebAnswers system rewards contributors that provide high-quality, relevant, lengthy answers. You do need a minimum of 50 answers on the site before you can add your own AdSense code.
The amount that WebAnswers pays you depends on the number, length and quality of your answers, but persistent, regular users can earn a few dollars a day.
Seekyt is a relatively new online writing site that allows users to display their AdSense ads. Although articles don't have to be as lengthy as those on HubPages, Seekyt writers will still achieve better results with longer articles.
The amount of money Seekyt will pay you varies between 65% and 90% depending on the number of articles you have written, how many followers you have, how many comments your articles attract and if you have referred any other writers to the site.
Another article writing site with a unique approach, Zujava is a good place for new writers to learn about creating content as they have a great new user experience.
They pay out 50% of AdSense earnings to writers.
Similar to HubPages, Wizzley has a variety of templates and tools to enhance a writer's articles.
Wizzley has a small but dedicated community of writers. Wizzley pay 50% of AdSense earnings until you have published 100 articles, when that increases to 60%.
There are various other revenue sharing sites available that offer a variety of different ways to make money. Many of these sites such as InfoBarrel or Bubblews don't use an AdSense model but have their own advertising setup that pays a proportion to writers based on page views and other factors.
If you are interested in writing for one of these sites, review their FAQs, terms and conditions to find out how much you could earn.
Hints and tips on revenue sharing sites
If you do decide to use revenue sharing sites, here are some areas to be aware of:
- There are sometimes other ways that you can make money besides AdSense revenue sharing; this could include affiliate links (e.g. with Amazon, Skimlinks or VigLinks), through referring other writers, Ebay commissions and other areas.
- For HubPages, WebAnswers, Zujava, Seekyt and Wizzley, you will need to already have an AdSense account. You can sign up for an account by searching Google for AdSense and following the instructions there. Once you have your AdSense code you can then enter it into the relevant part of the site.
- You need to be aware of the terms and conditions on AdSense, for example not clicking on your own ads. If you break the AdSense terms and conditions, your account could get cancelled and it is almost impossible to get another one.
- Be sure to read the FAQs, terms and conditions of any revenue sharing site that you want to contribute to. Many of them have requirements on the type and quality of content that you are allowed to publish.
- The best way to make money through these revenue sharing sites is by creating relevant, engaging, high-quality content that people want to read and share. This will help your articles do better in the search engines, attracting more visitors, getting more clicks on your ads and earning you more money.
- Don't expect to get rich overnight using revenue sharing sites. It can take a while to build up a good catalogue of articles, but once you've accomplished this, you can develop a reasonable passive income stream.
Make money with Google AdSense
Which of these sites would you like to try?
If you don't want to go through the effort of creating your own blog or website and displaying ads there, revenue sharing sites can be a great way for you to earn some extra money.
Because these sites already have a built in audience and good ranking on the search engines, they can be a great foundation for your content. If you're a talented writer and can create interesting, compelling articles, they are definitely worth looking into.