- Business and Employment»
- Human Resources (HR)
How to withdraw your provident fund or PF in India?
How many days it took you to withdraw PF in India?
It has been 15 days since I left my organization. How I can withdraw my provident fund?
I recently withdrew my provident fund from the Wazirpur Office in New Delhi, India.
Here are some simple steps on how to withdraw your provident fund, which I have learned through my own experience.
· You can withdraw your provident fund after 60 days of your leaving the organization.
· In most cases, employer's HR Department gets the form filled up by the employee who has left the service and gets it dully attested and stamped and signed by the employee and the Managing Director or whoever is designated to sign the PF form. Then, HR people send a person to submit the application. In this case, there is very less work done by the employee and he/she is to just wait for the PF to come in his/her account.
· But in other cases, employees have to fill the application form on their own. Employees purchase a form from outside and get it signed and stamped from the employer and then submit for withdrawal.
· The most important things, which you have to be absolutely sure about, are reviewing your name, father's name, bank account number, bank name with full address of the bank, and some details written by your employer's HR Department on the form.
· Always crosscheck all the details before submitting the form because even a single detail, which is not matched, can lead to rejection of your application. One of my colleagues got rejected because there was no address of bank in the specified column and then it takes another 45 days long process to submit the application.
· Please always remember to take a photocopy of your PF application form with you. It will really help you out in case of a rejection.
· According to EPFO guidelines, it takes around 30 days to receive your money in your account but it is not true, even my money came after 45 days. Some candidates receive their money even after 60 days.
· There is a long queue at the PF office and it takes around 4 to 5 hours in the queue before the person on the counter will submit your application and give you the receipt.
· You can check the status of your claim online after 10 days of submitting your application. Just log on to google, write "epf" in the search column, click the first link epfo and you will be taken to the EPFO home page, then check for a button by the name of "KNOW YOUR CLAIM STATUS" click on the button and you will be taken to another page. On that web page, select your city for example "Delhi", press tab, select PF branch office where your PF is submitted for example "Delhi (North) Wazirpur, then enter your establishment code for example 12345, then insert extension code if any, and then employee number. Hit the button, GET CLAIM STATUS and you will directed to a page - Form 19 is Under Process. Your Claim is received on 14/01/2009 and is being processed. Kindly Try after 30 days from Submission. Form 10C is Under Process. Your Claim was received on 14/01/2009 and is being processed. Kindly Try after 30 days from Submission.
· In some cases, if it is not updated on the PF server, then it will show, "Your Claim Not Received By This Office".
So these were some simple steps for withdrawing your PF. In my case, I found "Your Claim Not Received By This Office" even after I received my money in my account. I do not know why but it was really serious for me when I was checking it online on a weekly basis before I got all the money in my account.
Besides these steps, there are some cases where an employee gets in a dispute with previous employer like leaving the service without notice and in this case, some employers do not sign up the PF form. For help in these type of cases, please visit this very good forum of right to information india website