- Business and Employment
Working in Construction
Building The Nation
Working in construction sounds easy but in reality its very hard and risky. Safety should always be implemented and followed to prevent incident or accident while working in construction sites.
Construction is needed for the growth of nations, that's why we always notice that booming economies have great opportunities for construction companies, workers and engineers. Construction are always everywhere, though it only varies to the size of project but the concept of construction are always the same. If you are planning to work for construction in any part of the world you should definitely read this article to have some general information for working in a construction site.
Image Credit: Own Photo
Being responsible to Site Safety is not only the duty of Safety Engineers and Safety officers, It is the responsibility of everybody. Most often the Safety Officers and Engineers are rounding around the clock, assuring that the site condition and individuals are safe. Working in a construction is very risky, that's why before starting any job, we should always consider, Safety First! We have to be sure that when we go down from our house, we can come back with complete body parts.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
OSHA required the use of Personal Protective equipment to minimize the exposure of employee to hazards, companies are required to provide safety gears and the employees are expected to follow the rules
The most common PPE are
1. Eyes and Face Protection
2. Respiratory Protection
3. Head Protection
4. Occupational Foot Protection
5. Electrical Protective Device
6. Hand Protection
- Occupational Health and Safety Administration
This section highlights OSHA standards, preambles to final rules (background to final rules), Federal Registers (rules, proposed rules, and notices), directives (instructions for compliance officers), standard interpretations (official letters of int
Did you know that
A small square temple, built by the Sumerian king Aannipadda, of Ur, about 4500 B. C., is the oldest building in the world still standing above ground
1. CLIENT REPRESENTATIVE - They are the Engineers and Architects which is directly reporting to the Owner. They are in-charge on acceptance of work.
2. CONSULTANTS - They are the Engineers and Architects that Design the project and awards the contracts to different companies that will supply and install the materials to the project.
3. GENERAL CONTRACTORS - They are the civil engineers, quantity surveyors, cost control engineers, quality control and quality assurance engineers.
4. SUBCONTRACTORS - They are the expert and the builder of areas like mechanical, electrical, fire protection, plumbing and drainage works. They have the labors and manpower that are installing the building materials.
Site Office and Work Areas
Porta Cabins are use as the office for professionals, During the course of construction, porta cabins may transfer for few times from its original location. It is equip with Toilets and bowl, Electrical fixtures, AirCondition and Internet connection. Its like a real office but the difference is its movable. When the project is almost done, Porta cabins are remove from the location, this is to giveway for the contruction of parking or roads.
Construction companies are always in need of professionals like
2. Civil Engineers
3. Mechanical Engineers
4. Electrical Engineers
5. Safety Engineers
Skilled and Non Skilled labours
5. Pipe fitters
Working in construction requires everybody to be physically fit and mentally alert. Discipline and obedience is a must to avoid injuries and accidents.