10 Reasons to Join Hubpages—An Ideal Website for the Online Content and Creative Writers.
HubPages: An Ideal platform for Writers : Advice and Tips For New Writers!
Anyone, who is about to join the online writing platform, must be having these questions in mind:
Which writing website to join?
Which one is the best?
Which website provides a writer friendly approach?
After publishing more than 100 hubs or articles, all featured; I am in a position to share, some of the reasons and experiences, which will be of help to the newcomers, in this exciting online writing field.
I am about to complete and celebrate 7 years at HubPages and that itself explains, that it’s a suitable platform for online writing.
The HubPages has changed a lot, since I joined and changed for the better. The inclusion of Niche sites, has added the much needed value to the writers, as well as the readers, who prefer reading and writing, quality content. And this differentiates this online writing website, from some other sites.
I hope this article provides, some help and guide, to the new hubbers.
The difficulty of literature is not to write, but to write what you mean”
----- Robert Louis Stevenson
10 Reasons, Why do I prefer HubPages, for Online Writing and Publishing:
I started writing Online, about 7 years ago. My experiences with some other writing sites, were far from satisfactory, although it's not correct to mention their names here.
The fact that I have stayed here at HubPges for 6+ years, and continue to publish at this platform, must have some strong reason, for this long association.
1. To Learn How To Write Online:
- Most of us were writers, even before joining HP. But writing for an online reader is different, from the regular print writing.
- After publishing my first hub, and then subsequent hubs, I learnt here at HP, that the writers have to make their writing, 'visually appealing' as well.
- In other words, adding pictures, relevant links, videos, maps, tables, polls, and some other capsules, makes the article, more appealing to read.
- Breaking up the writing in capsules, and adding related pictures, can help to retain, the attention of the reader.
- Besides all this, the writing work must be promoted, and this is slightly difficult.
- Good content, however can never go unnoticed. Ultimately the 'Content is the king."
All of this, can be understood and learnt gradually, article by article. In other words, we learn and progress, by each submission.
2. Honing the Writing Skills:
- As one progresses, from the first hub, to the 100th hub, one can notice the improvements, themselves.
- Go through your articles, from a critical point of view. You can also request a fellow writer friend, to do the proofreading of the article.
- One must listen to the advice of the senior and experienced writers, with an open mind, and keep referring, to the HubPages Learning Centre..
- Saying this with experience, that this website is the best place, for learning the skills of writing good content, and improving it further.
- Learning, is an ongoing process and we learn throughout our lives. Same is true, for writing.
3. The Format or The Hub tool:
The format or the Hub Tool, has many important features, which I did not find, in other writing websites, where I was writing earlier.
Hubpages is a writer friendly website and the flexibility of rearranging the content, is an excellent feature.
The 'auto save draft' is also important, and necessary feature.
In fact, it provides every feature, required for writing, an impressive online content.
4. An Online Resume:
Believe it or not, your HubPages profile page, acts as an Online resume for you.
I have received many job offers, from different quarters, regular daily magazines, content writing jobs etc. through my profile on LinkedIn and other social media websites, where I have provided the link, to my HubPages profile.
The various job portals, have an access to your content and if they are interested in your kind of content, your chances of getting job offers from them, are bright.
For now, I am happy to write and publish here, at Hubpages, with whatever time I can spare. Regular jobs, require more time, and therefore, this one suits me well. This applies to many others, like me. Therefore, it’s an ideal platform for home based jobs, or what we call, Work from home.
But if someone is interested, the HP profile, and your display of work/ content can help you, in finding a regular job, as well.
“Writing is an exploration. You start from nothing and learn as you go.”
------E. L. Doctorow
On various occasions, the HubPages has been Therapeutic for me.
This brings us, to the discussion of the next reason; why Hubpages is more preferrable to writers?
- At the HubPages, one can write at any time of the day, or night. Whereas, in regular jobs, one cannot have that luxury or flexibility. Most of the times, the working hours are, from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- One can also choose the topics, on which they want to write.
- There is no need to limit ourselves, by writing only on a particular subject. Normally, in a regular writing job, one is asked to write, on a particular subject.
The fact, that our writing is published, and read by none other than, the talented writers themselves, gives a lot of exposure and experience.
The money we make here, depends on the Google ranking of our articles or hubs. But I find it most important to learn, what the talented writers think about my work. If they like it, I am sure, it will get a good ranking from Google, and other Online readers as well.
How much helpful it is, to get the feedback from the people, who really matter the most, to improve upon your writing.
This is indeed greatly helpful.
The feedback by the HP community, makes it easy to understand about the topics, and I am able to write my next artitle, well and with conviction.
The articles or hubs, on which I get overwhelming response, in the 'comments' section, I have often found, that they are my favourite topics to write about.
Like any other job, even writers need motivation.
. "Appreciation is the best motivation."
And there is plenty of appreciation, by the fellow writers, at HubPages.
You may feel motivated, by the other writer's excellent hubs, or by a positive feedback and sometimes, by the infectious energy levels, of the other writers, which compels you, to publish yet another quality hub.
Write without pay until somebody offers to pay”
Why do you write for HubPages?
The Backbone: The HubPages Community!
9. The HubPages Community:
If you ask the fellow hubbers, why you still write write for HP, in spite of this reason or that reason----
I think the unanimous answer would be, because of the HP Community!
I have said it quite often--in the comments, in the Forums, in the Q-A section, and do not hesitate to say it again and again, that it is the friendly support of the fellow hubbers, which keeps me holding on, to this online writing website.
Signing in for HubPages, has become an important part of my life, not only to write my own hubs, but read other's interesting ones.
The fellow hubbers are always there for you, to encourage and share your happy and the not so happy moments of life.
Writing at HubPages is kind of therapeutic to me. It is indeed very relaxing to me.
10. The Money:
Like many hubbers, I do not make a lot of money here. Although, I have received payouts, but we all know, that the money is nothing, to boast about.
But money is not all that important, in comparison to the recognition and satisfaction, which I get here. Money is just a bonus, which makes me happy occasionally.
But I feel proud to tell people, that I write for HubPages, and I am a published author.
- HubPages is an ideal platform, for online writing;
- To hone your writing skills;
- To share your views with others;
- To interact with fellow writers;
- To learn from their experiences;
- And last, but not the least, also make some money!
To All The New Hubbers ~~Wish You All The Best!
How to write a basic hub on HubPages, source: You tube
5 Tips on writing for the web, Source: YouTube
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2015 Chitrangada Sharan