- HubPages Tutorials and Community»
- Help for New Hubbers
10 Reasons To Join HubPages : An ideal website for online Writers!
HubPages: An Ideal platform for Writers : Advice and Tips For New Writers!
© Chitrangada Sharan Jan. 2015
All Rights Reserved.
Anyone who is about to join the online writing platform, must be having these questions in mind:
Which writing site to join?
Which one is the best?
Which site provides a writer friendly approach?
After publishing 100 hubs, all featured, and more than 160, 000 views, I think I am in a position to share some of my reasons and experiences, which will be of help to the newcomers in this field.
I hope this hub helps the new hubbers.
The difficulty of literature is not to write, but to write what you mean”
----- Robert Louis Stevenson
10 Reasons Why I Prefer HubPages for Online Writing And Publishing:
I started writing Online 3 years ago. My experiences with some other writing sites were not very favourable, although I think it is not proper to name them here.
The fact that I have stayed here at HubPges for 3+ years and have no intention of leaving, must have some reason for this long association.
1. To Learn How To Write Online:
- Most of us were writers even before joining HP. But writing for an online reader is different from the regular writing.
- And this I learnt here at HP. You have to make your writing, 'visually appealing' as well.
- In other words, you have to add pictures, interesting and relevant links, videos, maps etc.
- Breaking up your writing in capsules and adding related pictures keeps the attention of the reader.
- Besides all this, you must 'Promote' your work. This has been slightly difficult for me,
- Good content, however can never go unnoticed. Ultimately 'Content is the king."
All this I have learnt gradually, hub by hub.
2. Honing Your Writing Skills:
- As I progressed from my first hub to my 100th hub, I have improved and only improved.
I am my best critic.
- One must listen to the advice of senior and experienced writers, with an open mind and keep referring to the HubPages Learning Centre..
- I have found this site to be the best place for learning the writing skills or improving it.
I am still learning because there is no end to learning in life.
3. The Format or The Hub tool:
The format or the Hub Tool has many important features, which I did not find in other writing sites where I was writing earlier.
It is writer friendly and there is flexibility of rearranging your content as well.
The 'auto save draft' is also very important and necessary feature.
In fact it provides every feature required for writing an impressive online content.
4. An Online Resume:
Believe it or not, your HubPages profile page acts as an Online resume for you. I have received many job offers from different quarters, regular daily magazines, content writing jobs etc.
The various job portals have an access to your content, if they are interested. And if you provide a link to your HubPages profile in your Linked in profile, your chances are even more bright.
For now, I am happy to be writing here at HP and I can't spare so much time as is required for a regular job.
But if someone is interested, the HP profile and your display of work/ content can help you in finding a regular job.
“Writing is an exploration. You start from nothing and learn as you go.”
------E. L. Doctorow
At Times HubPages Has Been Therapeutic For Me!
This brings me to discuss the next reason, why I prefer to write for HP.
- I am able to write at any time of the day or night. Whereas in regular jobs, you cannot have that flexibility. Most of the times it is a 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. job.
- I can choose the topics, on which I want to write. In fact I can choose to write on any or every topic.
Many of us may not like limiting ourselves by only writing on a subject, we are asked to write.
The fact that your writing is published and read by none other than talented writers themselves, gives a lot of exposure and experience.
No doubt the money we make here depends on the Google ranking of our hubs. But I find it most important to learn what the writers think about my work. If they like it, I am sure it will get a good ranking from Google and other Online readers as well.
How helpful it is to get feedback from the people who matter most to improve upon your writing!
I think it is greatly helpful.
It is through the feedback by the HP community, that I am able to understand on which subjects I am doing well and on which I need to improve. It is the response that really matters to me.
The hubs on which I get overwhelming response in the 'comments' section, I have often found they are my favourite topics to write about.
Like any other job, even writers need motivation
. "Appreciation is the best motivation."
And this you get handful at HP.
You may feel motivated by other writer's excellent hubs, or by a positive feedback and sometimes by the infectious energy levels of other writers, which compels you to publish yet another quality hub.
Write without pay until somebody offers to pay”
Why do you write for HubPages?
The Backbone: The HubPages Community!
9. The HubPages Community:
If you ask the fellow hubbers, why you still write write for HP, in spite of this reason or that reason----
I think the unanimous answer would be because of the HP Community!
I have said it quite often--in comments, in Forums, in Q-A section and do not hesitate to say it again and again that it is the friendly support of fellow hubbers, which keeps me holding on to this writing site.
Signing in for HP has become an important part of my life, not only to write my own hubs but read other's interesting ones.
The fellow hubbers are always there for you to encourage and share your happy and the not so happy moments of life.
Writing at HubPages is kind of therapeutic to me. It is indeed very relaxing to me.
10. The Money:
Like many hubbers, I do not make a lot of money here. Although I have received payouts, but we all know that the money is nothing to boast about.
But money is not all that important in comparison to the recognition and satisfaction which I get here. Money is just a bonus.
But I feel proud to tell people that I write for HubPages and I am a published author.
- HubPages is an ideal platform for online writing;
- To hone your writing skills;
- To share your views with others;
- To interact with fellow writers;
- To learn from their experiences;
- And last but not the least also make some money!
To All The New Hubbers ~~Wish You All The Best!
© Chitrangada Sharan 12th Jan. 2015
All Rights Reserved.
PROTECTED: PLEASE DO NOT COPY!
How to write a basic hub on HubPages, source: You tube
Other related hubs by Chitrangada Sharan
- Content Writing, Creative Writing, Online Writing Fo...
If you are a beginner in the big world of Online writing; little confused about how to begin; this may prove beneficial to you. We all were beginners and Practice makes a man perfect applies here too.
- The Joy of Reading Print Books as Compared to e-Book...
While it can't be denied that the traditional print books are less preferred compared to e-books by the tech. savvy people these days, but I do believe that paper books will never disappear completely
© 2015 Chitrangada Sharan