10 Reasons to Join HubPages-an Ideal Website for Online Writers
HubPages: An Ideal platform for Writers : Advice and Tips For New Writers!
© Chitrangada Sharan Jan. 2015
All Rights Reserved.
Anyone who is about to join the online writing platform, must be having these questions in mind:
Which writing website to join?
Which one is the best?
Which website provides a writer friendly approach?
After publishing 100 hubs, all featured, and more than 160, 000 views, I am in a position to share some of the reasons and experiences, which will be of help to the newcomers in this field.
I hope this article provides some help to the new hubbers.
The difficulty of literature is not to write, but to write what you mean”
----- Robert Louis Stevenson
10 Reasons Why I Prefer HubPages for Online Writing And Publishing:
I started writing Online 3 years ago. My experiences with some other writing sites were far from satisfactory, although it's not correct to mention their names here.
The fact that I have stayed here at HubPges for 5+ years and continue to publish at this platform must have some strong reason for this long association.
1. To Learn How To Write Online:
- Most of us were writers even before joining HP. But writing for an online reader is different from the regular print writing.
- After publishing my first hub and then subsequent hubs, I learnt here at HP that the writers have to make their writing, 'visually appealing' as well.
- In other words, adding pictures, relevant links, videos, maps, tables, polls, and other capsules makes the article more appealing to read.
- Breaking up the writing in capsules and adding related pictures can help to retain the attention of the reader.
- Besides all this, the writing work must be promoted and this is slightly difficult.
- Good content, however can never go unnoticed. Ultimately 'Content is the king."
All this can be understood and learnt gradually, hub by hub.
2. Honing the Writing Skills:
- As one progresses from the first hub to the 100th hub, one can notice the improvements themselves.
- Go through the hubs from a critical point of view. Or, request a fellow writer friend to do the proofreading of the article.
- One must listen to the advice of senior and experienced writers, with an open mind and keep referring to the HubPages Learning Centre..
- Saying with experience, this website is the best place for learning the skills of writing good content or improving it further.
- Learning is an ongoing process and we learn throughout our lives. Same is true for writing.
3. The Format or The Hub tool:
The format or the Hub Tool has many important features, which I did not find in other writing sites where I was writing earlier.
Hubpages is writer friendly and flexibility of rearranging the content is a good feature.
The 'auto save draft' is also important and necessary feature.
In fact, it provides every feature required for writing an impressive online content.
4. An Online Resume:
Believe it or not, your HubPages profile page acts as an Online resume for you. I have received many job offers from different quarters, regular daily magazines, content writing jobs etc.
The various job portals have an access to your content, if they are interested. And if you provide a link to your HubPages profile in your Linked in profile, your chances are even more bright.
For now, I am happy to write and publish here at Hubpages with whatever time I can spare. Regular jobs require more time and therefore this one suits well.
But if someone is interested, the HP profile and your display of work/ content can help you in finding a regular job.
“Writing is an exploration. You start from nothing and learn as you go.”
------E. L. Doctorow
At Times HubPages Has Been Therapeutic For Me!
This brings to the discussion of the next reason, why Hubpages is more preferrable to writers.
- At HubPages one can write at any time of the day or night. Whereas in regular jobs, one cannot have that flexibility. Most of the times the working hours are from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- One can choose the topics, on which they want to write.
- There is no need to limit ourselves by writing only on a particular subject. Normally in a regular writing job, one is asked to write on a particular subject.
The fact that our writing is published and read by none other than the talented writers themselves, gives a lot of exposure and experience.
The money we make here depends on the Google ranking of our hubs. But I find it most important to learn what the writers think about my work. If they like it, I am sure it will get a good ranking from Google and other Online readers as well.
How helpful it is to get feedback from the people who matter most to improve upon your writing!
This is greatly helpful.
The feedback by the HP community makes it easy to understand about the topics, I am able to write well and with conviction.
The hubs on which I get overwhelming response in the 'comments' section, I have often found they are my favourite topics to write about.
Like any other job, even writers need motivation
. "Appreciation is the best motivation."
And there is plenty of appreciation by fellow writers at HubPages.
You may feel motivated by other writer's excellent hubs, or by a positive feedback and sometimes by the infectious energy levels of other writers, which compels you to publish yet another quality hub.
Write without pay until somebody offers to pay”
Why do you write for HubPages?
The Backbone: The HubPages Community!
9. The HubPages Community:
If you ask the fellow hubbers, why you still write write for HP, in spite of this reason or that reason----
I think the unanimous answer would be because of the HP Community!
I have said it quite often--in comments, in Forums, in Q-A section and do not hesitate to say it again and again that it is the friendly support of fellow hubbers, which keeps me holding on to this writing site.
Signing in for HP has become an important part of my life, not only to write my own hubs but read other's interesting ones.
The fellow hubbers are always there for you to encourage and share your happy and the not so happy moments of life.
Writing at HubPages is kind of therapeutic to me. It is indeed very relaxing to me.
10. The Money:
Like many hubbers, I do not make a lot of money here. Although I have received payouts, but we all know that the money is nothing to boast about.
But money is not all that important in comparison to the recognition and satisfaction which I get here. Money is just a bonus.
But I feel proud to tell people that I write for HubPages and I am a published author.
- HubPages is an ideal platform for online writing;
- To hone your writing skills;
- To share your views with others;
- To interact with fellow writers;
- To learn from their experiences;
- And last but not the least also make some money!
To All The New Hubbers ~~Wish You All The Best!
© Chitrangada Sharan 12th Jan. 2015
All Rights Reserved.
PROTECTED: PLEASE DO NOT COPY!
How to write a basic hub on HubPages, source: You tube
Other related hubs by Chitrangada Sharan
- Content Writing, Creative Writing, Online Writing Fo...
If you are a beginner in the big world of Online writing; little confused about how to begin; this may prove beneficial to you. We all were beginners and Practice makes a man perfect applies here too.
- The Joy of Reading Print Books as Compared to e-Book...
While it can't be denied that the traditional print books are less preferred compared to e-books by the tech. savvy people these days, but I do believe that paper books will never disappear completely
© 2015 Chitrangada Sharan