10 Tips for getting more traffic to your hubs
Getting rewarded for being a writer on Hubpages really has a lot to do with the kind of traffic you can attract. The more traffic your hubs bring, the more income you are likely to make from your Hubs.
Personally, I've always preferred to focus on search engine traffic while at the same time being people friendly so if you want to get more traffic and hence more page views, one thing you should consider well is search engine traffic.
Luckily, articles on Hubpages tend to do well on search engines and that's why they remain one of the best platforms for publishing your articles in order to get a good exposure.
Here are my 10 tips on how to get more traffic to your Hubs as a Hubpages writer:
- Write a lot of keyword rich content: At times, even when you don't have an astoundingly great topic to write about, enriching that article with a lot of keywords could help make you easily discoverable on search engines. You could write something about the Religion but also add a lot of keywords like fashion and ipad on it such that when people look for any of such search engines, your article gets featured.
- Don't be too stuck to a niche: Try to be flexible even if you are focused on a niche. You never know which new topic could be a best earner for you. Some successful Hubbers didn't start with a niche in mind but later found out which gets more traffic and then focused on them. By trying out new niches or topics from time to time, you may discover others that bring better traffic naturally. Imagine someone writing over 100 hubs but only one of them brings in 100 views daily.
- Respond to comments: Not many writers have hubs that generate comments for them in the least so if a reader should take time to write a comment, it would be good to respond to it. You are not bound to respond to comments though but responding to it would encourage people to keep visiting your hubs and ultimately add more content to your hubs. I guess hubs with more comments tend to get more traffic.
- Identify your keywords by using Google analytics: This is one cool way to get more traffic by optimizing on your best performing keyword.s The idea is to write a lot of hubs first, say 50, then include Google analytics to your account in order to track what your incoming keywords are and then focus on them. It wouldn't be smart to keep writing a lot of hubs that are not destined for great traffic in the long term when you can just write 2 or three hubs that can double your traffic.Here is how to set up Google analytics on your Hubpages account.
- Focus on highly searched keywords: For most times, writing about several topics in general would not bring you the traffic you seek and that's why smart writers who write for traffic tend to focus on writing for highly trafficked keywords. What this means is that you don't have to write There are several ways to discover which keywords people are mostly searching for. Personally, what I use is Google webmaster tools. Google trends and analytics. By experience I've noticed that people are mostly searching for top tech products, celebrities and so on. You can also get to know what the top keywords are on search engines are based on their publications.
- Use good language: If you are going to write for people, you need to write in a language that they understand and be attracted by. Don't use insulting or fould language. Also making sure that your grammar is correct can earn you some points with your audience. Your writing style also matters a lot.
- Write for people to get loyalty: At times, just writing in a way people love can earn you some followership and for some hubbers, reader loyalty actually helps drive more traffic to their hubs. When there are a good number of people who follow you, chances are that they get informed each time you write something new and this actually increases you incoming traffic. Also writing about what people need in their real life can easily get you more traffic. You could write about real life issues like avoiding divorce, training a child, cooking a meal and so on.
- Focus on writing articles that are useful for the long term: When you write articles on Hubpages, try to focus on writing about issues that would remain useful in the long term and not just stuff like news and recent events which may only expire after a while. Certain hubs tend to remain relevant over a time period of say 10 years while others just simply lose importance in a short while, say 1 year.
- Engage in Hubpages community discussions: The Hubpages community allows you to share in discussions with other hubbers. It gives you an opportunity to interact with other people and share your views. This can also get you more traffic when fellow hubbers get to view your profile and read you works. The more you engage in the community forum, the more traffic you can get directly from hubpage users.
- Do product reviews: Try to do product reviews too especially of hot selling items that would remain in the market for the long term. The good thing about product reviews is that they are powerful in converting more affiliate sales. People who do product reviews tend to review products they personally use and for this, it would do you well to be one of the first reviewers almost as soon as the product is launched as this would help you get and maintain a long term traffic whenever such products are searched for on search engines.
There is a lot one can do to increase traffic to his Hubs but I believe that focusing on getting organic traffic is the best way to improve and sustain your Hubpages traffic for the long term.