100 Life Goals
100 Goals To Live The Life I Imagine
One of my favorite sayings has always been, "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined." by Thoreau. I think the 'carpe diem' attitude is what appeals to me most.
Then about a month ago I can across a blog outlining 100 goals that the author wanted to achieve. Some were lofty goals - like go whitewater rafting in the Grand Rapids - while others were just for fun - like own an Armani suit.
This blog really got me to thinking about all the big and little things I would like to do. Ever since the movie "The Bucket List" many people have been writing a bucket list of their own but I prefer to think of my 100 goals as just a place to get started. Hopefully I will have many many years in which to accomplish many "100 goals".
I hope this lens will get you thinking about the goals you would like to accomplish and how to go about them. And if you have some of the same goals as I do, maybe I can encourage you to complete them while I do!
100 Goals Of Mine
The First 25
These are the first 25 goals I wrote down when I was working on my goal list. They are in no particular order and I know I won't be working on them in the order that I wrote them.
1. Pay off all credit card debt. - Isn't this on almost everyones list?
2. Own my own house outright with no mortgages.
3 Earn my associate's degree. - I have decided to major in Sociology
4. Earn my bachlor's degree. - Only stands to reason, right?
5. Earn my master's degree.
6. Milk a cow. - Don't laugh, it's something I've always wanted to do. I've seen kids do it with no problem and adults not be able to do it no matter what. I'm intrigued at what kind of skill is involved.
7. Become a foster parent. - a long time dream of mine
8. Invest in my own rental property.
9. Learn to speak Spanish.
10. Learn to speak Mandarin Chinese.
11 Travel to Australia. - This is a dream my fifteen year old son and I share so I'm hoping someday we can do this together.
12. Learn to Bellydance.
13. Start a non-profit organization. - I'm not sure exactly what I want to do but I know it will be geared to help children and women
14. Serve as a fully certified Girl Scout Leader. - Only a couple more classes to go and then I can recruit a troop. Should be done by October, 2010.
15. Write a completed novel.
16. Write a completed non-fiction book. - Curious to see which I do better.
17. Own and run a successful business. - Been working on this for a while. I really need to define on paper what "successful" means.
18. Travel to Disneyworld.
19 Travel to Orlando Universal Studios.
20. Visit all 50 states. - I've already been to (not through) nine so only 41 to go!
21. Tour the White House.
22. Take an art class.
23. Learn about the major world religions.
24. Learn how to make common household repairs.
25. Remodel my home.
I just want to make the point that I am breaking this into four separate lists of 25 each because I think it would be tedious to read through one long list of 100.
Need Help Setting Goals?
100 Goals Of Mine
The Second Set of 25
Here's The Next Set...
26. Earn money as an event planner. - Make money planning parties? Sounds great to me.
27. Travel to England. - I have a dual reason for this. Not only would I like to see England but my husband also has family there.
28. Tour Europe's landmarks.
29. Go rock climbing
30. Learn how to sew.
31. Make a homemade quilt.
32. Harvest honey from beekeeping
33. Go on a "Great American Tour". - By this I mean tour the 48 mainland states while visiting as many historical sites as possible. All in one grand trip. This will probably have to wait until the last child is grown up and out of the house.
34. Weigh a healthy weight. - Currently I am obese, being more than 100 pounds overweight. I chose this goal instead of a specific number because I've been overweight for so long I'm not sure what a healthy weight would be for me anymore. And I don't buy into those "average healthy weight" charts you see everywhere.
35. Start PTA groups in urban school systems that currently don't have them.
36. Learn jewelrymaking.
37. Grow a productive garden.
38. Learn furniture making.
39. Learn furniture refinishing.
40. Volunteer with Habitat for Humanity.
41. Bike through New England.
42. Tap a tree for syrup.
43. Go camping in the wild.
44. Hike to the top of a mountain. - doesn't really matter to me which mountain.
45. Learn to play tennis.
46. Learn kickboxing. - Who doesn't want to learn how to kick box?
47. See Les Miserable on Broadway.
48. Join (or create) a local theater group.
49. Perform in a Shakespearean play.
50. Travel to the Galapagos Islands. - Another trip I hope to take with my son.
Prepare to Reach Your Goals - Do you need money, time, better fitness, or know-how?
100 Goals Of Mine
Third Set of 25
And the list goes on...
51.Go back to college. - At first I thought this was redundant with earn degree but when I thought about they are different goals with different obstacles and struggles.
52. Learn digital photography.
53 Attend a presidential inaguration.
54. Hike to the bottom of the Grand Canyon.
55. Walk onto the glass platform at the Grand Canyon. - To explain, I am horribly afraid of heights.
56. Donate Blood.
57. Own 5 acres of land.
58. Start a community garden.
59. Learn how to cook liver and onions. - O.K. that one's strange but I have always loved liver and onions that my mother would make for me. Every time I try to make them, the liver comes out rubbery. It's about time I figure out how to do it right.
60. Take up archery.
61. Own my own laying chickens.
62. Take singing lessons. - my poor future coach.
63. Cook an authentic Mexican meal..
64. Cook an authentic French meal.
65. Cook an authentic Japanese meal.
66. Cook an authentic Indian meal.
67. Make my own wine.
68. Make my own beer.
69. Write a song.
70. Write a poem about my life.
71. Participate in a bike marathon.
72. Complete a triathlon,
73. Celebrate Rosh Hashanah. - I'm very interested in other cultures and I think learning about and participating in this ceremony would be fascinating. I don't mean any disrespect to anyone.
74. Celebrate Yom Kippur.
75. Celebrate Passover.
Get Psyched Up To Get Going - Motivational Materials
100 Goals Of Mine
The Final 25
You're at the end of the road...
76. Celebrate Hanukkah. - Again I am interested in learning about other cultures and experiencing new things. I mean no disrespect to anyone.
77. Celebrate Kwanza.
78. Give a speech in front of more than 100 people.
79. Drive to Boston and back. - To explain, I'm afraid of driving on the highway and in big cities.
80. Visit Old Sturbridge Villiage. - A historic museum in Massachusettes that recreates the daily life of people in the early 1800s.
81. Spend a weekend in the Poconos. - A romantic mountain resort.
82. Build a box kite.
83. Run a homemade gift site online.
84. Go horseback riding again. - I went a couple of times as a kid and would like to go again when I'm no longer afraid of hurting the horse.
85. Host a Karaoke party.
86. Raise funds for the Impossible Dream. - The Impossible Dream is a playground in Warwick specially designed and built for disabled children.
87. Learn to ride a motorcycle.
88. Learn to knit. - Hopefully not while riding the motorcycle...Laugh
89. Ride in a gondola in Venice.
90. Visit the Great Wall of China.
91. Own a complete collection of Stephen King works.
92. Own my own dream dollhouse.
93. Make my own sausage and pasta from scratch.
94. Learn to drive my own boat. - This means not just learning to drive a boat but actually owning my own boat.
95. Visit the seven wonders of the world.
96. Visit the seven modern wonders of the world.
97. Dance au natural.
98. Have my tarot cards read by a professional fortune teller.
99. Learn to tap dance.
100. Read the entire Bible.
Well that's it. My first 100 goals. Some I can get started on right away, some will take a little while to save money or get fit, others will take a long time to get around to. I'll keep you up to date on my progress.