- HubPages Tutorials and Community»
- Getting Traffic for Your Articles
10 Best Article Directories 2012
Best Directories for SEO
Every year a lot of directories seem to come and go and even the ones that have been around for a number of years may start to become slower at publishing or reviewing your content. If you are looking to write quality content however and put the effort in then there are still a lot of good article directories that you can utilise to get good backlinks for your site. This isn't a short cut for good rankings but a longer term, more stable way of driving traffic to your site.
So what I'll do is list the top 10 article directories for 2012 that accept and publish good quality content, and any relevant information you may need to help you get your articles published.
This kind of marketing is useful if for example you're trying to promote an online directory.
Remember to read all the content guidelines thoroughly for each article directory and to make sure you complete all the author profiles including adding your photo etc. If you want to be seen to be a real author you need to be legitimate, and it will benefit you in the long run!
Article Directories 1 - 5
1) Ezinearticles - are still one of the best article directories. The things you need to keep an eye out for though is that articles need to be at least 400 words long and spell checked. The content needs to be well written as they are thoroughly reviewed, and its advisable to break the articles into bite sized paragraphs. Articles may take about 5-7 days to be published - as long as you meet all the guidelines however once you've 10 or more articles published it should only take 1-2 days. You may add links in the resource box at the end - but not the body of the article.
2) Amazines - Again you need to write good content and add your links at the end of the article rather than in a resource box. Usually published after a few days but once you've published 10 or more your author status goes up and articles are published much quicker.
3) Article Base - Articles need to be at least 350 words and spell checked. A resource box is provided where you can either paste in the html links or click the link button provided.
4) Ezinemark - As of June 2012 ezinemark no longer accepts content which is published on other article directories. So you'll need to write 100% original content of at least 400 words which is informative to the reader.
5) Sooperarticles - Again Articles need to be at least 350 words of good quality content, and the resource box is provided at the end of the article.
Article Directories 6 - 10
6) Article Rich - has been around for over 7 years and is a good directory for getting quick publications.
7) Pub Articles - is slightly different from other article directories in that it's set up for "tutorials" or "how to" type articles. So if you're a bit of an expert in a given subject then this would be a good directory to lay out your tutorials in a step by step manner. There's no resource box so you can use actual keywords within the "body" to link to any external sites.
8) Article Snatch - is a site that looks for good quality articles and will allow only nofollow links until you've published at least 10 quality articles. You will need to contact the administrators to get an "account review" so you can then have dofollow links.
9) Idea Marketers - Is a directory that actively looks to syndicate your articles. Make sure your articles are of high quality and you may get a lot of syndications and therefore more backlinks.
10) UPublish - again articles must be of a very high quality and at least 500 words long. Reviews take place quite quickly and therefore if they're good quality then will go live in about 2-3 days. A resource box is also provided for backlinks.