- HubPages Tutorials and Community»
- Articles Statistics & Metrics
Over 220,000 Unique Visitors a Month: Learning from the Most Visited Hubbers
© 2012 by Aurelio Locsin.
If you’ve ever wondered how many visitors it takes to be a top hubber? Google’s free DoubleClick Ad Planner offers some insight to that question. This tool allows media planners to discover the best sites for their ads and displays a wealth of information including the number of people who visit HubPages and its top subdomains.
In general, the Ad Planner data is similar to those shown by Alexa though not quite with the same numbers. Alexa is another information resource. However, while Alexa shows percentages of visitors, Ad Planner reveals numbers.
The following statistics come from Ad Planner and are sorted from the highest to the lowest number of visitors. The number of unique monthly visitors are listed in parentheses after each subdomain (hubber).
Hubpages gets an estimated 12 million unique visitors a month visit a total of 28 million times. They view 61 million pages and remain for about four-and-a-half minutes.
- 61 percent of the audience is female.
- 28 percent is 35-44 years old, 25 percent is 45-44, and 21 percent is 25-34.
- 51 percent has some college with 18 percent showing bachelor’s degrees.
- 34 percent makes from $25,000 to $49,999 per year, and 31 percent makes $50,000 to $74,999.
- Their most common interests are Manila, writing and editing services, writer’s resources, Philippines, and how-to’s. The fact the biggest chunk comes from Manila, Philippines, is a revelation because I assumed most of the audience came from the U.S.
Though Twentyfive’s profile lists no country of origin, it’s clear from her topics that she hails from the Philippines. Her bio is non-existent though she runs websites on mobile technology and the Philippines.
- She joined 22 months ago, has written 146 hubs and has 445 followers.
- She gets 220,000 unique visitors a month who visit 390,000 times and view 520,000 pages. They stay an average of 4 minutes and 20 seconds.
- Her hubs cluster around computers and electronics, TV and video, and visas and immigrations.
- Her audience mirrors that of HubPages, except in income: nearly 70 percent earn from $25,000 to $49,000 yearly. None make less than that with the remainder making $50,000 to $74,999.
- Her audience’s main interests are Manila, Philippines, Cebu (the Philippines’ second city), Southeast Asia and the United Arab Emirates, where a lot of Filipino expatriates work.
Blake Flannery (180,000)
Blake Flannery enjoys song writing, and can write and record custom music for you. Though not stated in his profile, it looks like he comes from the USA.
- He joined three years ago and has 135 hubs and 643 followers.
- He receives 180,000 unique visitors monthly for a total of 360,000 visits and 520,000 page views. They stay an average of 3 minutes and 40 seconds.
- His top content category is blogging resources and services, though he also has many hubs on messages for greeting cards.
- His audience interests are birthdays and name days, greeting cards, gifts and special events, England and Oceania.
Jaclyn lives in New Jersey and lists Italian food, movie watching and taking naps as some of her enjoyments. She is also a paranormal investigator and has a website detailing her adventures.
- She boasts over 1,400 followers and 247 hubs. She joined the site four years ago.
- She gets 150,000 unique visitors per month who stay about three minutes and 20 seconds. They visit a total of 350,000 times ad view 690,000 pages.
- Her primary topic categories are body art, and blogging resources and services.
- Her audience focus is on body art, how-to’s, biographies and quotations, indie and alternative music, and rap and hip-hop.
Anamika S. (130,000)
Anamika S is part of the Hubpages Elite and hails from Mumbai, India. She is a freelance writer and ghost blogger who loves comedies, cooking, traveling and listening to ghazals and devotional songs.
- Since her joining HubPages three years ago, she’s gather 2,100 followers and written 357 hubs.
- She gets 130,000 unique visitors a month who visit 270,000 times and view 420,000 pages. They stay an average of four minutes.
- Ad Planner shows no category information for her hubs though her topic categories include romance, books and literature, alternative and natural medicine, and fintess.
- Her audience interests include North India, marriage, West India, India and South Asia.
The Remaining Six
The following comprises the rest of the top ten for visitors. You can click their names for more information about them. The number of unique visitors per month follows each name.