A Thousand Views on HubPages
What?!? Yes, I was really, really flabbergasted to the maxi when I received an email that I had a thousand views.
As of April 2012, I published only 12 hubs, asked only a handful of questions and answered some, and have a following of 65. I joined HubPages community in September 2011.
Yikes! I know it is embarrassing to even think I reached a thousand views when for many months, I was inactive. Also, I have not concentrated or even specialized in any particular topic.
This you wouldn’t believe – less than two dollars. I know, that is really low. I expected even less than that – truly. When I joined HubPages, I went through the earnings stuff. Like many writers, I also wished to get monetized in whatever I penned down. It is true that writing through HubPages and participating in it can generate you an income. The desired income would depend on your overall efforts.
Oh, you cannot fault me for being realistic. Prior to signing up, I read hubs by established hubbers. And, I found out that A – there are much, much better writers than I am; B – there are persons who are very productive, and much more industrious than I am; and C – there are much, much more knowledgeable people than the people I viewed as creative and intelligent and also, yes, better than the people whom I look up to. So, it dawned on me that my chances for the desired earnings will take time.
The following are my lengthy suggestions to have a lucrative career in writing through HubPages:
· Gain more readers
1. Participate in the HubPages community – forums, Q&A, hubbing, etc.
2. Sincerely follow up with your followers and those you follow.
3. Use the social sites to let your family and friends know about you and your writing.
· Maintain credibility
1. Be accurate in any information you will divulge.
2. Do researches and keep reading more.
3. Avoid writing an article that you know you will not be proud to put your name on.
· Build your interests
1. Develop your writing style.
2. Broaden your knowledge by opening up to life experiences; other forms of media and yes, again, reading.
3. Balance yourself – activities and lifestyle including hobbies and interests, spiritual and emotional being.
Overall, I am quite happy with HubPages and with the following and readers that I have. I promise myself to be more active in the HubPages community and prioritize it so I can make writing a career. Thank God, for directing me to this site. I can express myself freely and able to connect with fellow writers and hubbers.