A hub written with a crystal clear purpose
Strategy makes all the difference
10 Useful Tips on creating a purposeful Hub that works.
- Think before you type - the thinking process of purposeful hub writing is crucial.
- Study all resources - prior to getting your hub idea launched onto the monitor releasing it for the community to view, do some intense research, and especially if your looking to score on relevance of a particular subject matter of widespread interest.
- Submission of good well thought out content - Make sure you have all your content handy & ready to be submitted, because if your hub is going to have a strong effect, you need additional content to back it up meaning great imagery, or awesome video coverage, and some positioning knowledge of where to place this content onto the screen.
- Render your content accurately- people will respond more frequently if you take your time weeding out potential errors, and you should try to be wise as to what terminology your going to utilize to get the message across, because this is the web and people are mainly seeking to find some resourceful purposeful content.
- Keywords- Any and all the search engines are being actively alerted by your use of any keywords, especially those highlighted, used as tags & titles. This equates to part of your SEO, or search engine optimization. (I read a great deal of hubs overall in only 2 months of being on hubpages, and quickly noticed that many people have no idea about this dominant factor of using keywords to attract viewers outside of this given web location known as Hubpages.)
- Build a Frame - Try to sketch a framework for your powerful hub in the making, maybe out on paper first to see where in the future this awesome content you've gathered might actually go.
- Strategics - Develop a strategy of knowing what topic best suits this objective purpose.
- Creative usage of Titles - Using exclusive titling techniques that have a universal application is essential; essentially meaning that you need to think of a topic that almost everyone one on the globe can relate to specifically.
- A Great Titles Importance - This title must be unique from all other titles being used currently, so it takes a clever usage of word choice to come up with, but it can be done. The shorter the title the less unique it will become, because everyone is battling for the best topic choices and titles.
- Marketing: Specific link references being used in your hub writings body, shouldn't be purely meant to advertise, or market your own external web locations, for purposes of gaining traffic. Most people online & on Hubpages are expert users today, and can detect this sorta overly self promotional behavior immediately, so if your purpose is to be overly promotional you pretty much have earned a bad rep instantly, and your hub is now considered to be purposeless.
Don't forget to add a video to keep visitors occupied
Looking for more tips on Hub writing & Sharing
Here's more great resources from my hub collection and other hub authors -
Rules of engagement
Hubpages only allows two links per hub to your own stuff you privately own on the web for self promotions, so keep that in mind & don't ever over do it, the hub community overall responds in the form of negative feedback, and many other approval or disapproval methods to keep spam to a minimal,.
This is very effective here & many other places on the web as well. So if you expect to grow a huge following here, be mindful of your content you've submitted for eventual viewing and community feedback.
Additional tips for advanced intense writers
- Topic selection - This is also a crucial area of giving your hub the chance to flourish, if your not a subject matter expert you may be weak in this area of choosing a topic that best fits your writing skills, don't fret though there's always room for improvement. After first starting your hub there's a category grouping list for subjects to choose from, pick wisely, don't just go with the suggested topics, hit start over to choose your own.
- Learning from the pro's - The most powerful & purposeful hub writers seem to exhibit the same similar attributes. They all fully comprehend the importance of editing, proof reading, and clarity across the board on all content being rendered onto the screen, so be wise and do so as well prior to any publishing.
- Read The Best Hubs & Leave Engaging Comments - Try studying the Hubpages Elitetechniques, they show in great depth some awesome examples of how to make hub writing fun, interesting for viewers & leaving purposeful engaging comments as a sign of a true community leadership acitivity.
- Intelligible Clean References - If you plan to get a rapid response to this hub that you choose to make purposeful to your viewers, don't forget to add references to all content being submitted, & especially if its not authentically of your personal ownership.
- Rest - take a break every so often so you don't overload your thinking process, breath, eat some food, get some fresh air & stretch.
- Hub Reliability - Not all hubs remain relevant all year round, or for the next year, and so update them, edit them especially if you see them ZZZ's and keep track of your low performing hubs.
One cool hubpages Contest that has come and went
Winning the Contests
Many people have no clue when they first join Hubpages, that there's many contests that are visibly & non visibly being initiated at all times based on your hub submissions here. If this is the very first time you've ran into this knowledge then now your in for a huge surprise, because I am living proof that anything is possible, and especially on Hubpages.
Even though there's a navigation button above that leads to the contest page, you'll be surprised how many people haven't the slightest clue whats behind it, cause they're so busy writing, not very observant, or just not interested maybe thinking they can't win like I recently felt. You never know, & unlike the Hubnugget, these contest earn its winner some good money!
This Hub won me a Hubnugget - On Cloud Computing
Quick hubbing poll!
Do you know what A Hubnugget Award is, or the Hubnugget Team
What is a Hubnugget
I had no clue what that word was, or what it meant, but when I first found the email, stating that I was nominated for an award by means of random selection by the Hubpages Elites I was literally blown away. I quickly responded to the award letter & proceeded to follow the hyper link back to Hubpages to bear witness to a dream come true, which I had no clue would ever be possible. (Hubnugget Awardee Page supplied by LadyJane1, titled "If the Shoe fits".)
The Hubnugget turned out to be a Contest in which new Hubpages members are selected to receive, if their hub gets noticed by the Hubpages Elite community members, which are actually part of an exclusive HubNuggets Team. Then if they make it passed the scrutiny of their hand picked selective eyes & committees decisions then comes the all time voting by the entire Hubpages community, which is each of us as well as the entire world wide web. The more votes your nominated hub receives, the greater chance it has in winning one of the 3 hubs selected from three categories for the Hubnugget awards. What a tough course of selections to get by, but at least its democratic in nature somewhat.
Poetry Prose & Creative Writing Contest
I tried to win the poetry contest, but I think the competition is gruesome, lol. There's so many great writers worldwide that its a slim chance to none to win such a contest as this one on Hubpages, more over because everyone is aware of its presence prior to joining such a contest, so this type of contest falls in the category of the Visible kind.
I'm not really sure if I can make more then one submission to any one contest, or one submission overall. So I need to do some research myself on that subject, but I do know that there are specific contest rules that are in existence, so make sure to read them up prior to joining any or you may miss out on some truly important key ingredients and by laws they expedite to the Hubpages contestants who choose to submit content. ( Ask the experts )
As for one of the important measures to know before you submit, say your poetry hub for review for instance. Make sure to properly place it in the corresponding Poem & Poetry topic category, and write "Contest" into the tags area during the initial creation process of your Hub. I'm sure if you made an error, there shouldn't be a problem if you adjust the topic, as well as tag later on after the hub was first initiated. Check the contest rules for more relevant info on that and anything else you may have missed.
Good Luck! to all the contestants & Try writing with a Crystal Clear Purpose on Hubpages.
Hubpages community resource pages
- Importance of becoming a Hubpages Elite Team member ...
Becoming a hubpages Elite is a huge responsibility today. The writing of this article was inspired by fellow hubber, and hubpages Elite Cardisa, and its set out to be a help for others to learn more about the program.
- How working for hubpages as a content writer today p...
As a hubpages author, if your new here there's load of things to learn, and this article is loaded with hub resources to help you along the way, and also for more seasoned hubbers as well to help them improve in their overall hubbing techniques.
- 1 year anniverary overview of the hubpages community...
1 year anniversary hubpages review, and overall experience as a pretty intense hubpages author, communicator, and a dedicated hubpages community member.
- What is Fan Mail on Hubpages, how does it benefit to...
Fan Mail is something on hubpages that can make or break a persons communications and following experiences if not done effectively, and so the purpose of this article is to address such a thing, and to bring more definition to it all as well as the
- The New Hubpages Profiles are Here! - Tips on How to...
Fabulous new hubpages profiles are in, get the inside scoop, and useful tips to how to make the upgrade, and more.