- HubPages Tutorials and Community»
- HubPages, the Community
Different Kinds of Advocacy on HubPages
The Search on Advocacy
HubPages have many types of accounts that you can surf, follow and support. It can be a personal, multiple or advocacy account.
Why I became interested in finding so many advocates on this virtual writing site started when I was alerted of a site called Mesothelioma Help. I think this is also a multiple account, meaning a hubber with its personal account created this to write hubs related to asbestosis or diseases incurred by having exposed to asbestos in many kinds of jobs you can think of.
I'm not with an advocacy account since the exposure to pippap's hubs regarding environmental concerns.
So, my search started all over again as I tried completing this hub. HubPages instructed me to scope my search on:
and the Advanced Search that gave me varied results and the time to scan on what the HP conundrum bared before my scrutinizing eyes.
Advocacy on Hubs
Just the search word advocacy, my biggest find is the result on hubs of active hubbers who also incorporated the word on their hubs.
Let me spill the Top 10 Hubs regarding many kinds of advocacy that each hubbers are attached with:
- National Bicycling and Pedestrian Advocacy Organizations - published by rar; the hub concentrates on the existence of this advocacy in the state of Arkansas in the USA aside from the national advocacy in all other states.
- Advocacy for Parents and Teachers of Children with Special Needs and other Tips - by Kimi Rodriguez; suggestions on how to created a solid core group between parents and teachers to help special children cope up in school and at home.
- Mental Health Advocacy Info - by ashumann; waking up the government to strengthen its support regarding the subject.
- Addictions Advocacy # 1 - by Shannon E. Hardie; different types of addiction that should be given attention which the different kinds of media will surely help combat it.
- Library Advocacy - by limofranky; a subtle but forceful wake-up call to re-energize our efforts to continue reviving the existence of libraries and how our rights should be heard.
- Eldercare Healthcare Advocacy - by EldercareABC; delves on the situations of elders at home cares and all.
- Child Advocacy - by wilkersonkristin; provides insights about Child Care and how children should be treated at home and school, too.
- Domestic Violence Advocacy - by jennifer2010; narrates the harrowing experience of abuses at home and how the victim's personal willpower succumb to the harsh treatment of the abuser.
- Solar4SF.org - Solar Energy for San Francisco and the Bay Area - by rdbarahona: a very timely revelation on how to use a pollution-free energy that is often taken for granted and neglected due to our dependency in oil industry. Every country should adopt this advocacy, my personal recommendation for a waste-free energy.
- The Art of Recycled Books - by Green Lotus; this is in honor of National Art Advocacy that falls on April 4th-5th annually in the USA.
The fifth page of about 1,000 results stunned me as I saw my hub on Cartoon Characters as Profile Photos on Facebook to Fight against Child Abuse. This is part if the UNICEF's (United Nations International Children's Emergency Fund) Advocacy against Child Abuse that I've written last January, 2011.
With the various results, I found out that certain hubs promote different kinds of advocacy ranging from family, personalities, institutions, celebrations, organizations, animals and even country or human race.
The frailties in human life are the prime subjects in supporting an advocacy. It can range with diseases, violence, sport, health, personal goals, education, money and the like.
Topics on Advocacy can also be found at Forum posts.
More than 100 results surfaced on the hubbers who named their accounts with the kind of advocacy they are supporting with.
Aside from Mesothelioma Help and pippap, here are some of the hubbers that you would find interesting:
- autism advocacy - a child's problem that this hubber promises to help streamline and shape your child's future.
- Power Advisor - promotes a professional alliance and business advocacy, tips on successful networking.
- bgwconsulting - tackles human rights, especially on Afro-Americans in the USA.
- NarrativePro - promotes legal advocacy.
- CarePoint - concentrates on parole connections, referrals and advocacy in obtaining social services for ex-prisoners.
- MesoFoundation - or the Simmons Mesothelioma Foundation that fights against asbestosis. This is the foundation of Mesothelioma Help (I think).
- COMAID - Community Aid Initiative with focus in Millennium Development Goals (MDG) in Nigeria. It held different advocacy programs with the British Council in the said country.
- divaproject - focuses on women empowerment.
Hubbers provide their true names in order to promote the advocacy they are working or fighting for. This link will provide you whom to follow where hubbers post their advocacy in their profile information.
Madness at the Forums
At the Forums, out of more than a hundred results, the likes of American View, TMMason, lovemychris, OLYHOOCH, Ralph Deeds to mention a few,actively discuss and fight for known advocacy in the US.
It usually range from the present leaders of the government, legislation, major issues and even personal errors violating Hubpages' Rules and Regulations or Terms and Conditions.
Most of the hubbers are usually sick of topics like:
- Gambling Hubs
These are all linked to the word advocacy. Don't get me wrong, if I omitted other topics proliferating at the Forums. I sometimes post remarks or statement on something that interest me while updating myself about what's happening in the HubPages community.
Topics on Homosexuality and Green Living are also posted as part of advocacy.
To be at the Forums, issues range from light, humor-filled posts and to heavy, most-argued ones.
You can also eye for new Hub Nuggets and posts from HubPages staff to update us about what's happening on our site.
For Questions and Answers
I used the Advanced Search for straining Questions, but the first result gave me the Hubbers who wrote hubs providing ample explanation on different kinds of advocacy they are supporting with.
Meanwhile, Questions that interest me include:
- I am interested in starting a bipolar support group in my community. How would I get started?This is posted by Jenny Anne as she observed that her community has a parent advocacy group regarding bipolarism.
- How does one differentiate God's doctrine to man's?A question posted by DrDeanCrosby.
- Why do you take particular interest in green living? MizzyWVO posted this interesting question.
- Should HubPages put a moratorium on all of those "how to make money online" and "SEO" hubs? Larry Fields asked this.
- How can I keep a wife beater away from my mother in law?Patty Inglish,MS posted this.
Aside from political questions, you can always go back or follow this set of questions delving on various topics.
We can learn a lot from the various answers given by fellow hubbers who diligently answered the questions you've posted.
I even made hubs from the answers given by helpful hubbers.
I posted questions about Food, Travel & Places and HubPages. I answered questions of other hubbers according to the extent of my knowledge and even emailed them for more elaborate recommendation.
Help, Comments, Polls, Images and Videos
More than two hundred results showed me that certain comments provide answers on hubs and questions published and posted.
This will surely enlighten questioning minds as you can choose the best answers and comments provided on the hubs and questions that strike you twice.
For the Polls, unfortunately, only three (as of this writing) have voted for the poll created by Shirley Anderson regarding Kangaroo Love - A Model of Advocacy. Hubbers are busy doing their hubs so, this part of HubPages is often neglected. Zero results are shown to other four polls that are created about: writing, shareholder and human rights.
I've seen some recommendations on Images but on Videos, only three of five results surfaced due to its relevance on advocacy. You can view the following:
- Grassroots Advocacy c/o livewithrichard
- Lupus Advocacy c/o Pamela99
- Ashley Judd's New Book and Advocacy Work c/o Cagsil
Note: With the word advocacy, this hubber virtually traveled the ins and out of HubPages Search features. It's tedious but it's worth it.
(Date written: July 24, 2011 by travelman1971)