Back to School HubNuggets
The Most Wonderful Time of the Year
We all go back to school in some way or other. Some of us attend regular classes, returning to our classrooms like kids in the fall. We purchase new school supplies - all the lovely pens, pencil crayons, geometry sets, calculators, scribblers, and binders - fresh and ready for a new season of learning.
Some of us prefer distance learning. We study through correspondence courses, sending in our assignments and anxiously awaiting our marks - the results of our efforts at self-betterment.
Some of us, many of us, study online - honing our skills and acquiring new ones; becoming better writers; learning how to gain a wider audience - all, at the vast university of the World Wide Web.
The ABCs of writing online...
A HubNuggets' Alphabet
"A" is for apple, the nursery rhymes say,
And A's what our new writers do here each day,
Creating an awesome, amazing array
Of (hopefully) HubNugget-worthy essays!
"B" means bravado, for boldly we go
Where no other writer has gone yet, we hope;
Creatively adding our words to the fray,
With clattering keyboards, we have much to say!
Draft after draft, we design with great care -
Deathless prose to display on the topics we share;
"E" is for Enelle, who has this advice;
"Edit once, then re-edit, then re-read it twice.
Focus on quality - good Grammar's key
To ensure folks will take your work seriously."
Which one of this week's Education and Science nominees is your favorite?
- 7% The decline of the Weimar Republic and the rise of the Nazi Party, 1929-1933
- 28% Professional Etiquette for The Certified Nurse's Aide
- 7% Chicago Architecture Tour: The Historic Hotels of Michigan Avenue (Part 1)
- 12% Teaching to the Different Learning Styles
- 12% Class is in Session: We Are All Special
- 34% Do We Have Too Many PhDs?
This poll is now closed to voting.
The Education and Science Nominees
- The decline of the Weimar Republic and the rise of the Nazi Party, 1929-1933
The final part of the Weimar Republic, this hub explains how the republic collapsed and how the Nazis rose in the crisis.
- Professional Etiquette for The Certified Nurse's Aide
CNA's are an important part of the healthcare team. Here is some advice on how to be a well-loved and respected aide.
- Chicago Architecture Tour: The Historic Hotels of Michigan Avenue (Part 1)
An architectural tour of Chicago's historic Michigan Avenue Hotels. Part One includes the Hilton Chicago, Blackstone, Congress, and Auditorium Building.
- Class is in Session: We Are All Special
In a world where everyone is desperately trying to survive amid the backdrop of an economic crisis, bipartisan angst and global unrest, we must remember that just being the best we can be individually is our best way of being. Being unique is a beaut
- Do We Have Too Many PhDs?
Getting a PhD means you are attaining the highest degree in academics, and not many people can manage to get this qualification as it requires intellectual skill and dedication. However, there is a surge in the number of PhD graduates in recent decad
"H" for HubNugget - an accolade won
By top-voted Hubbers, for hubbing, well done -
Igniting our interest; inciting to fun;
Inviting our comments - so the journey's begun -
Says Jason, "Writers must write what they know,
And stay true to their vision to blossom and grow;"
KoffeKlatch Gals agrees, "Content helps you to earn,
And Keyword research is but one skill to learn"
"Lifelong learning's important," Maddie Ruud offers,
"And finding a Niche where your content will prosper"
Which one of this week's Home nominees is your favorite?
- 57% What's That In My BBQ!! - Maybe I should use it more often??!!
- 5% The Good, Bad, and the Ugly Truth about being a Landlord
- 21% Easy Steps To Start De-Cluttering Your Home
- 4% 11 Steps to Buying Your First Time Home
- 4% Granite Composite Sinks; Blanco Silgranit II Review
- 9% 7 Tree landscaping Ideas from the South Coast Botanical Gardens
This poll is now closed to voting.
The Home Nominees
- What's That In My BBQ!! - Maybe I should use it more often??!!
Why not have a good chuckle at my expense, through my travails and learning to master the BBQ, with this one very nasty experience.
- The Good, Bad, and the Ugly Truth about being a Landlord
The Good, Bad, and the Ugly Truth about being a Landlord In this Hub I will talk about my Good, Bad, and Ugly experiences as a Landlord and how to deal with situations that arise. Whether you're currently a landlord or thinking about becoming one, t
- Granite Composite Sinks; Blanco Silgranit II Review
Discover the unique advantages of a granite composite kitchen sink. See why the Blanco Silgranit II can increase the beauty and functionality of your kitchen chores.
Helpful links - Learning Center
- Elements of a Stellar Hub
Do you want to give your Hub the best possible chance of seeing significant traffic? Be sure to include the eight different features outlined here.
- Researching Your Topic and Title
Before you start writing and publishing your sure-to-be-amazing Hubs, make sure that you're giving them the best possible potential to be successful.
- How to Create Search-Friendly Titles
Do you want your Hubs to be found in search engine results and get lots of readers? You'll need to create search-friendly titles! Here's how.
"Original content's a must, of course,
And providing your photo provenance, or source,"
Says HubNuggeteer, Patty Inglish MS,
"Both these are key in the HubNugget quest."
Research, and learning SEO's good strategy;
Simone Smith knows search-friendly titles are cool
With search-terms on topics real people can use;
Which one of this week's Health nominees is your favorite?
- 7% Migraine: the Misunderstood Demon
- 15% Prevent Pain - How to Stretch Your Lower Back Muscles
- 2% The Major Factors That Affect Daily Caloric Requirement
- 7% Change 3 Habits and Lose 5 Pounds in 8 Days
- 24% When Life Gives You Lemons, Drink Them! The Health Benefits of Drinking Water with Lemon
- 46% A Bone Marrow Donor's Perspective
This poll is now closed to voting.
The Health Nominees
- Prevent Pain - How to Stretch Your Lower Back Muscles
Preventing pain may be more about stretching than about pain medication. Millions suffer from back pain and yet little information is shared except individually about how to stretch your back. As a certified personal trainer, the look of pain from th
- The Major Factors That Affect Daily Caloric Requirement
The Harris-Benedict principle uses five major factors to estimate what your daily caloric requirement is. Find out more about these five factors and how they can impact your weight management.
- When Life Gives You Lemons, Drink Them! The Health Benefits of Drinking Water with Lemon
Lemons are nutrient power houses with all sorts of healing processes. Drinking your water with lemon everyday is an easy way to drastically change your health, your appearance, and your overall well-being. Drink those lemons!
- A Bone Marrow Donor's Perspective
Donating Bone Marrow Stem Cells was a rewarding experience. However, not knowing exactly what to expect, or how I would feel made it a little scary. This article shares my perspective as a donor and helps to shed light on the overall experience- i
Some fun and helpful links
- The Writer's Alphabet | FaithWriters Blog
Freelance writer and editor Edie Melson shares 26 bits of wisdom for writers - one for each letter of the alphabet.
- Teachers' Guide to the Writers' Alphabet
Kid-friendly guide for teachers; enhance your students' understanding of what writers do, while boosting vocabulary through fun games and activities
"V" is for voting - and visiting, too,
Help support our new writers and increase their views;
Writing on HubPages gives us the chance
To write on whatever makes our spirits dance;
Whether earning good money or just a few cents,
Some things we avoid here, that offer offence -
No "xeroxed," or duplicate articles posted,
No "yelling" in forums, nor spammy links hosted;
Say "yes" to new things, try out new ideas,
Be open to change - don't be held back by fears;
Write well, and write often - and soon you will zip
To the top of Google's most-searched lists
What's a HubNugget?
The HubNuggets Program was a way for hubbers to support and celebrate new-to-us writers through the weekly HubNuggets contest:
- About the HubNuggets Program
Each week 18 great Hubs written by new Hubbers were nominated in the HubNuggets contest. We invite the HubPages community to vote for their favorites, and the winners were featured in our newsletter.
- Visit this Learning Center guideto learn more.
- Hub Pages continues to welcome and celebrate new writers
© 2012 RedElf