- HubPages Tutorials and Community»
- Improving Your Article
Hubpages Writers Digest of useful tips
Online writing is just Fantastic!
Here at hubpages writers are going the extra mile today
In grade school many of us are taught about grammar, and its proper uses, but as the years go by school tends to become a long distant memory, even college is long gone and forgotten by many of us more veteran writers, and especially the older we all become.
As time progresses though for many people, choosing not to use that old gift for writing and or reading, seems to take a major toll on how the writing of digital works appears to the active audience on the web today.
Any hopes to become a great online writer begins to simmer or even fade away, as that particular person might lose confidence in their effectiveness to get a single point across.
Many people may tend to lose sight of proper sentence structure, and the conformity of the writing process.
This is a problem for many people today, and I think the whole grammar thing can be somewhat corrected, if a person can simply remember how to structure a basic sentence.
Things will slowly begin to fall into place in terms of writing is concerned, as soon as proof reading, and editing begins to become a central focus.
Trouble in Hubville-
There is an issue that may arise when people are hub hopping to help find newer hubs & hubbers, as many of us stumble upon new hubs we also detect poorly written work, overly promotional work and the likes.
Some how the hubpages system (Article on how to improve your hubs traffic for low performing articles) is designed to detect many things, but what it doesn't detect we make up for by flagging or voting, and so grammar must be worked on for sure, and authenticity of a single hub that's written is paramount, meaning it should be an original hub and not a copy of any preexisting text or article on the web or copyright violations can and will come up.
The solution to end poor grammar issues for good
The antidote for such a trouble many people have here on hubpages, and anywhere for that matter, my answer for such a trouble would be to begin writing more about true life, meaning breath life into your hubs, this will encourage the person to be ever more mindful of their hubs overall quality, and can steer them away from the overly promotional temptation, to over do it with selfish styles of writing to promote themselves alone. Editing and proof reading surely helps as well, but there needs to be motivation to do so, and the time factor for most people.
Titles and Topic creations is a very important thing to work on, keywords including, and taking from life theme's will surely bring an end to grammar being an issue for many readers of your works as well, since a more life compelling hub, seems much more attractive to us readers, and slightly more readable when it is written to help us sense more about life.
Not everyone is going to be a guru, and expert in writing, that's simply not going to happen, but more people can begin to write hubs with much more clarity about life in general, that can help others get a better idea of what their putting down onto the screen.
Here's some cool tips and tricks below. I tend to use these techniques which always seemed to help me out a great deal in the writing department on hubpages, and to get my hubs to stand out when it comes to having true to life relevance (Article on what to avoid from writing about, deceptive titling etc...) for others in seek of such realness that may actually impact their real lives.
10 Useful Tips on how to breath life into your hubs
- Think about what people generally need in life.
- Write a list about things people may want from a career or job.
- Research about good health issues and potential remedies or prevention.
- Think up some inspirational stories to tell from your own experience.
- Use educational resources to help provide how to videos, tutorials and useful things.
- If you are going to write a commercial hub make it lively, and not just an ad like article.
- Make sure your hub is relevant to the title, subject matter, and is visual.
- Take pictures of everything you can, film videos, even create a short documentary film.
- Take from life theme's such as love, hope, pain, spiritualism, belief, philosophy, science, struggles for existence, government/politics, and so many more life themes.
- Don't forget to share in your hubs relevant links from fellow hubbers, it helps to increase your hubber score, thus arriving you much higher in the overall ranking of your hubs & visibility in the community on hubpages.
Wrting for the hubpages community and beyond
This part helps many writers here to get their own campaign going, simply by helping others in understanding how the hubpages system actually works. As a hubpages author every member should know the rules, and regulations of the being a hubpages author.
Writing to help others in the community besides yourself
The sharing of hubs helps to give your fellow hubbers a chance to get known as well besides yourself, and the spirit of community is embraced, and so writing hubs about hubs, actually is a cool way to pay it forward for people.
The amount of sharing within the hubpages community actually goes above and beyond what most networking sites perform for individuals in terms of sharing of content. So by writing a hub or multiple hubs about other authors, writing hubs as answers to questions, and many other ways, helps to keep the true giving spirit of the community.
Communications is the key component to the Hubpages Community
Idea's of community help Topics to write about:
- Write about your favorite hub of the week (Hub about hubs).
- Write about your favorite hubber.
- Write about your favorite Hubpages Elite (They retired this program, and its now called the Team welcome wagon) community member.
- Write a hub as a hub response to another hub.
- Write about hubpages itself, and how it has inspired your writing career or life.
- Write about How to increase traffic to a hub.
- The whole sharing factors, social networking tips, and new ways to share.
- Provide helpful community info for new hubbers, showing them how to do things here.
- Write about the hubpages tools we have at our disposal to improve hub writing.
- Write about community issues that may need to be addressed, such as forum issues, or issues that people need to become more aware of.
Awesome hubpages community resources
- The Value of Interaction Within the HubPages Communi...
Can a Hub stand alone? Is simple text sufficient to draw readers and hold their attention? While I do not suggest a comic book approach to writing here on HubPages, I am convinced that the value of a Hub can be enriched to a great degree by the...
- Higher Hubpage Quality, over Looking that of trying ...
Many hubbers are looking to simple get more viewers to their hubs, for obvious reasons, but they seem to forget that the web demand for higher quality, and here's a honest set of ways to do just that, and additional resources on its way.
- Social Networking, Pearltrees and Curation can help increase hubpages traffiic
Its tough to get traffic & views to your hubs, I use a powerful networking site known as Pearltrees to share my hubs. Sharing on the web has changed for sure, and in a huge way with social tools & bookmarklets.
- Linking hubs to your hubs - Why it is important
Providing links to your hubs is a great way to enhance the overall experience found right here on hubpages! When reading a hub, often times I notice some have links and some do not. Now I am not talking about the links to other sites or the links to.
- Hub Hopping – The importance of reading other blog...
Hub Hopping in HubPages is a system that allows Hubbers to read up on random and assorted hubs that have been published recently. Hub Hopping also allows you to leave feedback, whether good or bad. Although the Hub Hopping button says
- Why some people quit writing hubs?
What makes people quit writing hubpages?