- HubPages Tutorials and Community
Enrich Your Hubpages Hubs
Are you a top Hubber?
What is your average Hubscore?
It Is All In The Content
Hubpages is a place where you can find very high quality non comercial content, perfect for research purposes where you know you can keep the credit card away because you are not going to need it.
Hubpages is a place where people write articles, share information and opinions and make money in the process when someone clicks the Adsense ads or buys something using the links to products displayed by Amazon and eBay.
To ensure your hubs are as rich as possible you need to:
- 1. Write at least 2000 words. I know this is very tough but if you want to get to the top all the time you are going to need to write that much per hub. Small articles do not have enough information to be worth reading nor they are linked to by the people who read it. Write longer hubs than most people and your hubs will go to the top.
- 2. Use a lot of bold italic and underline to make people pay attention to a particular point. The more you use these marks the higher your score will be. You should use these marks at least once per 100 words, so a 500 word article should have 5 bold words, 5 italic words and 5 underline words.
- 3. Use at least one image every 500 words. If you write a 500 word article, you should add 1 image to it. Images have more information than words and people like to see them in the articles. Wikimedia commons is the best place to get free images.
- 4. Use also at least a video every 500 words. Search on Youtube for videos related to your article.
- 5. Use at least 5 links per 500 written words. Hubpages loves links and it will rank hubs with links higher than hubs without links. You can insert links on your article or on the side.
- 6. Finally you should use all capsules at least once. The map, the poll, the comment, everything.
- Beware of using too much Amazon and eBay, the rank will go down!
This is it, now write your next hub considering all these points and you are almost guaranteed to ger a rank of 85 or better!
Can you become a Hubpages MILLIONAIRE?
There are two answers. The first is a clear NO but the other is a BIG YES!
First you need to get at least 100.000.000 views to become a millionaire with free content, advertisements and affiliate marketing and I am already considering you get 10$ CPM for your views. That number is very high and only a few topics will have a CPM that high.
The second reason why you will not become a Hubpages millionaire is because it would take you more than 100 years to do so because we humans are too slow writing content.
You are not likely to become a millionaire writing but you are likely to make 1000$ month writing for Hubpages!
Do you want to learn more?
I believe that the quality algorithm should be public so people can learn how to write high quality content.
Hubpages is currently the best place on the internet to write for!
Squidoo has a little more traffic but it is impossible to rank high on Squidoo because I already wrote a couple of high quality lenses with more than 2000 words, links, bold, italic and links and images - even videos - and my ranks are always below 200K. Squidoo is the worst place to write for to make money. If this website continues like that soon it will close because people will just stop writing to it. Squidoo already made me some sales, I used Amazon, and some money but considering the amount of work involved, it was nothing.
Hubpages is cleaner, more user friendly and encourages the creation of high quality content using the best media!