- HubPages Tutorials and Community
Google Adsense Tips for Starters
Google Adsense Tips
What is Google Adsense?
It allows bloggers and writers earn from clicks and impressions made by the site's audience on the content they created on their own blogs or websites.
Types of Google Adsense:
- AdSense for Content
- AdSense for Search
- AdSense for Feeds
- AdSense for Mobile Content
- AdSense for Domains
- AdSense for Video
What is a self-hosted website?
A website that has: “weebly.com”, “wix.com”, "blogspot.com", "wordpress.com" or other name in the URL is not a self-hosted website.
There are Pros and Cons about not having a self-hosted website. One disadvantage of not having a self-hosted website, is that the domain you are using is not really your own.
Basic Requirements in Applying for Google Adsense
- An applicant must be more than 18 years old.
- The applicant that have a self-hosted website gets fast approval from Google. (One could create a good website using WordPress platform.)
- The content of your website must be in English language.
- Your website's content must comply with Google's policies.
Common Policies of Google
- Articles posted on your website must be in English language.
- Credit the owner of the images you have included on your content.
- Not all images that you could find on the web is free. Sometimes, It's much better to use images from Wikimedia Commons.
- Indicating the source of the image is a must.
- Your blog, article or post should not include pornography, racism, nudity and hate content.
For Applicants Outside the United States of America
Tips for applicants outside the United States (like applicants from the Philippines):
- If our website is less than six months old, there is a tendency that your application will be rejected.
- Ten posted articles with more than three hundred words is good.
- This tip applies for a self-hosted website.
What I read About Google AdSense
Some Bloggers in the Philippines made posts on how to get fast approval from Google AdSense.
Getting an approval from Google before is easy unlike nowadays due to invalid clicks on ads.
Some websites are banned because of invalid clicks on ads.
If you are in the Philippines, your website must be at least six months old with more than ten articles posted and must be in English language.
My Own Website
I created my own website using the WordPress platform on June 25, 2014 using a local web hosting company in our country. I paid for 1,500 pesos for a domain name which is good for one year and six months of web hosting subscription plan.
I read and watched lots of tutorials online about WordPress and how to create a website.
I have posted few articles on my website and applied for Google AdSense but got rejected because the website have insufficient content and the website have poor navigation.
Email from Google AdSense - my First Application
I Resubmitted my Website to Google AdSense
I uploaded several videos on YouTube on how we created a customized t-shirt for one of our customers and applied for YouTube Partnership.
YouTube is also owned by Google and you can monetize from your own uploaded videos.
I joined writing sites like Writedge and Hubpages and have been active sharing my articles with social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and LinkedIn.
Last October, 2014 I resubmitted my website to Google and I'm happy that my application has been approved at last.
Good Email from Google AdSense
About my website
I did not renew my web hosting subscription plan, as well as the domain name I purchased which is easynetdigital.com.
Email from Google About my Google AdSense Application
If you are interested with Google AdSense - go ahead and apply. Don't be afraid of being rejected. Continue to put good content on your website or create good hubs on HubPages.
Write articles that is content-rich and would be beneficial to many readers.
Google AdSense allows you to earn from the articles you made online. However, one must be aware of their policies. Their strict rule - "do not click the ads on your own website."
Once Google approved your Google AdSense application - you could apply it on HubPages or other websites.
Aside from Google AdSense, you could also earn from your website from other affiliates.
With HubPages, there is no need to put the advertisement codes on your hubs because it's automotically displayed after you have have configured it properly here.