- HubPages Tutorials and Community»
- Official HubPages Help»
- Learning Center
Help! - I Am a New Member to HubPages
Hello Everyone :))
I am pretty much a New Hubber myself, but wanted to help out some New Hubbers who are just getting started here.
I want to list a very easy to understand Step by Step Guide on the Do's and Don'ts on Hubpages.
I want your Hub Experience to be Joyful and Wonderful, My goal is to get you started! and relieve some of the frustrations of trying to figure it all out :)
This will be randomly updated as I gain more knowledge for myself and also an easy quick reference guide that I can refer to when I myself need the help also.
I hope you NOOBS enjoy My hub and benefit from my own NOOB Experience
Good LUCK and Lotsa Hubbing hehehe
First I would Like to welcome you myself to Hubpages and encourage you to Write.
You may ask yourself what should I write about? and I will ask you,
- What are your Hobbies?
- What do you love doing?
- What do you enjoy doing?
- What do you Know about the most of?
- What interests you the most?
I would write about something that you know alot about, Therefore you are writing about something you enjoy and its not hard work at all and you can write a ton of information on the subject.
Even if its personal events in your life. Marketing (advertising your own Business) or just simple recipes in cooking, or even Computers. anything!!!
Just dont give UP :)
Hubpage Writing The DO'S
- spell check
- write summary - tab box to the right
- content ( how many words you write in a hub - at least 800 )
- RSS feed to your other Hubs ( your building your own network)
- Leave some white spacing. Read my hub on Marketing - Online Readers Attention span
- Read Helps Section on Hubpages
- Ask Lots of Questions in the Forums :) (helps traffic to your hubs)
- Take the 30 day challenge ( goal one hub per day ) (see the difference WOW)
Hubpage Writings - The DONT'S
- Do NOT copy content on the Internet
- Do not mispell words
- do not write small hubs
- do not forget your RSS FEED
- Do not forget your own illustrating photos
- Do NOT put Tags that do not refer to your hubs
- Do not put Links that do not refer to your Hub
in your first 90 Days of writing You could be selected for HubNuggets Program.
which is a program for Brand New writers on Hubpages.
This program if Chosen. Not ONLY gives you Tons of Traffic to your hubs and exposure to Hubpages but also if you win. You will be exposed to 80,000 readers which will then be even more traffic hence MORE MONEY :)))
I posted a link below to a Hub about HubNuggets.
My "How to make French Bread" actually got Nominated :) I didn't Win but it was an honor to be one of the few :))
check out the Hub Below.
What is HubNuggets?
- Sesame Street HubNuggets: A Tale of Two Grovers
Writing online, writing for HubPages... What do Muppets, summer holidays, discovering new writers and Sesame Street have in common? It's all here in a case of muddled identities - "A Tale of Two Grovers"
This is my Hub That Got Nominated by HubNuggets
- How to make French Bread from Scratch
How to make French Bread From Scratch
Setting up Affiliates
You will want to sign up for Google Adsense and get the affilliate added to your account.
Also you can sign up for Amazon and Ebay.
I didn't have much Luck with Ebay, which saddens me but im not going to give UP!
Google Adsense and Amazon were very easy for me to sign up.
- there is a Link on setting up your Google Adsense Below.
- there is a Link on Setting up Amazon Below.
- and there is a Link on Setting up Ebay Below.
So be sure to check out those Hubpages and Get started right away!
Please Note: that on Google Adsense, you may actually want to write at least 5 to 10 hubs first to be sure that you are accepted right away. :)
How Do I Sign-Up for Google Adsense on Hubpages
How to Add Amazon Affilate Link
More Great Hubs on ButterflyStar
- HubNuggets Nominated My How to make French Bread fro...
HubNuggets Nominated my
- Marketing - Online Readers Attention Span
Marketing online readers attention span
You will want to add a RSS FEED to your pages.
What is an RSS feed?
It is a Feed of your Hubs in 3 Categories, to get the link to your RSS feed, it will be on your Profile page on your Hubpage account.
You can Click the RSS feed and copy it and save it to Notepad.
I save everything in Notepad to refer to when writing Hubs on Hubpages.
I use RSS feeds on every Hub I make and this will give your readers links to your other Hubs that you may be interested in :)
Below here is a Hub article written on RSS Links.
Hub on What is an RSS FEED
I can not Over Emphasize on reading the Forums, and posting questions. So many Hubbers love helping others on here, also there is quite a bit on how to do Hubpages that Hubpages provides.
Everyone has questions, and everyone loves to help!
So be sure to check out our forums!!!
I hope that I have Helped you on "Help! I am a new Member to Hubpages " I hope that I have provided you with enough information to get you started and some tips and guides on what you should do.
I will continue to update this article as i learn myself, because I am going to use this as a reference guide for the Do's and Don'ts, so please check back!!
Thank you so much for visiting and I hope you enjoyed your stay.
Welcome to Hubpages!
Just Follow the Butterfly