- HubPages Tutorials and Community»
- Official HubPages Help»
- Learning Center
How To Successfully Promote Your Hub Traffic With Pinterest - For Newbies
Where To Start
If you are anything like me when I first started blogging, finding ways to better promote your blogs was not an easy feat. I am still new to Pinterest but I can help you find a good starting point on promoting your blogs.
Pinterest can really draw in traffic to your blogs from follows and readers re-pinning your posts. The more your post get pinned the more viewers see them and the more traffic you can generate. Here are a few tips to help you get started!
I am going to try to keep this as short, sweet and to the point as possible! When I first started searching for ways to promote my traffic a lot of what I read seemed like words just filling up a page to try to meet a word count and none of it was really helpful at all! I only included the highlighted points that will help you to better promote your work on Pinterest and how to get started. If you have any questions feel free to comment!
Pin It Button
Go to www.pinterest.com and sign in.
Go to the 'pin it' button in the top right hand corner.
Upload your picture and URL link.
Pin it to your board. Let the traffic start rolling in!
10 Ways To Promote!
- Create a blog board to pin your blogs to! Blog boards can be made public and should be left set on public so that your followers can easily access your pins.
- Get the "pin it" app. This app helps you to pin and share anything that interests you and your own pins.
- Creating specific tags and groups for blogs so readers can find them easily.
- When you pin your blog, include a brief summary or quote from the article. This draws interest to the blog, creating curiosity for readers.
- Create lifestyle related boards. This helps you better categorize your work and the pins that you enjoy.
- Create boards that resonate with both your business and your market. Of course when you love writing you don't want to blog solely for the act of blogging, but there is a happy median of writing for your passion and writing for your readers. Be sure to know what your readers want to see and are interested in so that you can deliver to your audience while you are writing for the joys of it.
- Great pictures are a great way to entice pinners to read through your blog post. Visual appeal is key. The grand majority of pins that get re-pinned frequently have great pictures with descriptive quotes and summaries.
- Engage on Pinterest: Pin good, original and relevant content. Pin consistently so your pins get seen in your followers posts. Follow your followers. Check out what your followers like so that you can write to engage your readers!
- Make sure your posts are easy to find. Check your account settings and make sure your search privacy is set to public.
- Include your pin it button on your blogs. Go to the "pin it" button site on Pinterest, complete the information. choose the pin you want, submit your URL, paste image file and build your blog!
What Goes Around Comes Around
Remember when promoting on any social site, Pinterest included, that what goes around comes around. In order for you to really get followers, you must follow others! Read fellow bloggers work on Pinterest and re-pin the work that you enjoy! If you are posting on other peoples blogs and re-pinning their work then it will also in return draw interest to your page to see what you are all about! Engage on Pinterest and others will flock to your work!
I hope these tips help you to better grow your blog traffic! I'm still learning my way around Pinterest for the most part myself, but I would be happy to help you if you have any questions regarding how you can better promote your blog traffic! There are many more sites other than just Pinterest than can bring in a good amount of views, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and more.. Pinterest is just praised to be one of the best right now for pulling in blog traffic!