- HubPages Tutorials and Community»
- HubPages Affiliate Programs
How To Start Cloaking Affiliate Links For More Money
In this short hub, I'm going to give you an important tip. If you don't know anything much about Affiliate Marketing, then I suggest you to start googling about it. For a quick understanding, you can visit here and read what Darren says in Problogger.net
Now, Let me get deep into the point. Suppose, I am an Affiliate Marketer and I'm trying hard to promote some one's product to receive some cash as a commission. But most of the times the journey becomes too difficult because of two reasons,
- Reason 1: People try to avoid affiliate links. Because most of the marketers do it only for money not to help the people in their actions. This results into Scams and Useless stuffs but with useful introductory points. That's why most of the people want to get rid off it.
- Reason 2: They can simply cut my affiliate ID from the link and buy the product without leaving the cash for me. :(
That's why, it is really necessary to cloak the affiliate links and then doing the promotion. You need to also start cloaking your affiliate links for some other reasons given below-
- Submit articles after adding affiliate links to those directories who do not accept articles with affiliate links. (Hope the point is clear!)
- Pretending that you're providing your reader a useful links. (Only promote good products in this case, otherwise you'll be also identified as a scammer).
How To Do It?
You can cloak your links easily and also you can keep your ID safe and secured with a PHP direct. It will never reveal the user's destination. That means, they won't be able to understand where they are going. You can also use URL shortening services but they do not tend to work that much good.
The Steps To Cloak Your Links
- Open a Text File
- Open It
- Put the code,
Header( "HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently" );
Header( "Location: YOUR-AFFILIATE-LINK" );
- Rename it by replacing .txt with .php (Such as- Elegant-Themes.php)
- After creating a new folder on your website’s ROOT directory, rename it with anything you like. (Such as- affiliate, partner)
- Then after uploading your PHP file, you and your new URL will be destined to the affiliate site or program with your own tracking ID.
Note: You can easily now increase your cash to 15-30% more than you previously did.