- HubPages Tutorials and Community»
- Help for New Hubbers
How to Give Hub Love
Provide Support for your followers and fellow hubbers.
Give Link Love
Before submitting a new Hub, you should always use the link suggestion tool. This allows you to link to other Hubs within Hub Pages which drives traffic to your fellow Hubbers. Showing respect to other authors within Hub Pages is what link love is all about.
Benefits of link love:
Love your followers.
When someone follows you, you should follow them in return. Support your followers. When I comment on one or more of an authors Hubs. I follow them. After choosing to follow them, I leave them fan mail.
Also, when I receive the email from Hub Pages about a new follower, I always go to that followers profile and read some of their Hubs and comment. I follow them back and leave them fan mail.
How to support your followers:
- Follow them back. Also, be sure to leave them some fan mail.
- Leave comments . Leave sincere comments. When you do, this Hubber will most often want to see who left such a nice comment. They will check out your profile and read your Hubs leaving you comments as well.
- Answer Questions. Leave a high quality answer to a question. This is a great way to meet fellow Hubbers. Leave a good answer and people will most likely follow you.
- Answer forum questions. Another great way to meet fellow Hubbers is by providing them with help in the forum.
- Vote them up, Tweet them, Share them on Facebook, Submit them to Digg and StumbleUpon. We should be supporting one another in every way possible. This only helps everyone including Hub Pages. Think about this: When you do a Google search, you almost always pull up a Hub at the top of the search list. Why? Providing Hub love is one reason. When you submit to the Social Networking or Bookmarking sites, you are creating links back to Hub Pages. It all adds up! So, we should all take the time to support each other by submitting links to Hubs.
- Each week in my gmail I receive a notification on my followers latest Hubs. I set aside one day out of the week and go back to that email and link to the latest Hubs from there. I would think linking to Hub Pages from Gmail is noticed by Google.......
Be sincere. Be a great follower and you will gain a group of dedicated followers of your own.
Benefits of being a great follower.
The number one benefit of being a great follower is that you grow a group of the most awesome individuals that you could ever hope to meet. Honestly, I have met some pretty amazing people here on Hub Pages that I would not have met otherwise. I am thankful to have met each and every one!
Yes, there are other benefits of being a great follower:
- Being a great follower helps increase your readership. When you publish a Hub, your followers get notified. In turn, they visit your Hub and read your post.
- They support you back. How? By leaving comments, providing feedback, rate your Hubs, Tweet you, Share you on Facebook. Who could ask for more love than that? You should be sure to do the same for them. You should be doing it anyway!
Give Hub Lovin'
In conclusion, we are not competitors. We are Hubbers. We are all in this together. We should give Hub love and support always. It's all about respect.