- HubPages Tutorials and Community
How to Prepare For Writing Great Hubs
Writing great hubs is the first step
to making money on hub pages, or any other writing site for that matter. Content is king in the world of the internet. Therefore, good quality articles on just about any topic are highly sought after by search engines to satisfy the users searching for information. This means that if you write quality articles with original content, you will increase your position in the search results, thus boosting the amount of traffic to your hubs significantly. One of the most important aspects of writing a great hub is preparation. Just like in all walks of life, the better prepared you are, the greater your chances for success.
People like to prepare for writing
in many different ways. There are many styles of learning, and many ways to return those lessons back to the world. This is a list of some of the more popular methods. Some of these suggestions may not suit you, however, there will likely be others that do. Take what you want and leave the rest. This is not designed to be an all inclusive manual on writing.
- Brainstorm: Any good hub is started by brainstorming. You can do that in your mind, on a sheet of paper, or right on the page where you type. It's up to you.
- Research: This is the basis of any great article. Whether the experience was gained through a hands on experience or through a book, the amount of research invested into an article or hub can always be noticed. A well versed author brings each topic seamlessly into the next, while a person with limited knowledge comes off as awkward or full of crap. A few of the things that you might research are the title, subtitles, keywords, and the subject of the hub. Google Adwords Keyword tool is very useful for the for the first three.
- Photographs: Finding and using sharp, high resolution images not only makes your writing more appealing to your readers, it will also boost your hubs performance in the search results. I once seen a suggestion that good images can be found at Wikimedia Commons.
- Plan The Outline: You have two different areas to outline when writing at hub pages. The first is the normal type of outlining that pertains to the text. The other is how the page is assembled. There are a lot of different page formatting and capsule options when you write at hub pages. Get to know them. They will help your hubs perform better. Use polls, maps, and the other capsules to compliment the subject matter.
- Gather References: This is an often over looked part of this process. If you are researching your information from another writer's material, the politically correct thing to do is give them credit. If that information was online, linking to the article that you are referencing only adds ranking value to both pages in the eyes of the search engines.
- Your Introduction: I can not overstate the value of planning and writing a captivating introduction. If you are going to capture a person's attention, it will happen in that first paragraph. If you are still reading this, mine must have been pretty good. Ha ha. Sort through the topic that you want to write about and try to find the most important ideas. If you do your best to turn one of those into something that you would be interested in, you will likely have captured the interest of your reader as well.
Here's one example
How did you like the hub?
Writing is easy to do, but difficult to do well.
Since the majority of people on earth can write sentences on a paper, there is a ton of competition in this field. Hub Pages alone has 100's of thousands of writers. If you want to write great hubs and make money writing, you will have to produce material that is better than the masses. Use the tools mentioned in this article along with your personal experience to create a truly unique perspective, and then bring it to life on the page. Good luck!