- HubPages Tutorials and Community
How to share articles outside of hubpages
Getting the word out
Its tough to get people to notice anything on the web today, because almost everyone with a computer console is trying to do the same thing. So you can imagine all the confusion going on everywhere online today, & especially the fact many people know that getting the word out equates to traffic.
Well with that said, lets get to the moral of this hub, and to the bottom of this thing known as social sharing, or networking. Social Networking is a powerful way to communicate any efforts on the web today, and its the very reason why so many are currently in existence.
There is always an incentive involved with most & is what each of them have in common. This is where you need to focus on, before sharing any of your hubs into certain networking sites.
You need to fully comprehend the specific purpose of such networks, & to get an idea of what is their incentive program there, meaning what is it that makes them gain so many members. Like Facebook for instance, the incentive there would obviously be to communicate to friends & family. It's not so obvious with many other networks, but it takes a little bit of research on your part prior to signing up to any of them for social sharing purposes.
Google Plus is being used today to make effective communications for sharing with complete strangers, which cannot be done on FB that good, due to its privacy terms of usage.
These are sharing buttons for some truly powerful Networks
Both needed prior to sharing any of your hubs, work on them
The Hottest Networking tools
Well there's a such thing as bookmarks that exist, which is pretty much a way for people to rediscover their web favorites as in any web browser, when the user is interested in storing a particular web location they've visited & wants to revisit at a later time.
Keep that above definition in mind because it will help you to get a handle on the social networking version of bookmarks & bookmarklets. Ever since the web has been enhanced by Cloud Computing (a hub link to the subject of Cloud Computing & how it works for us all), people have had the opportunity to make global communications possible with huge numbers of potential people looking to locate great content.
With the usage of powerful network storage and the Cloud, new social networks were born for sharing massive amounts of info, links, content, & streams of varying data such as audio & video. This lead to the Social Bookmarking Era & Micro Blogging, which is a social network dedicated to storing your web favorites & the sharing with an active community.
Here are just some below:
- StumbleUpon - A discovery Engine that allows for content to be found randomly.
- Digg- social news website where users can submit stories to be shared & voted on.
- Twitter - microblogging community that allows for sharing of content in social streams.
- Tumblr - microblogging platform allows for bookmarklets & many sharing features.
- Pearltrees - social curation website, for the human organization of the web, & sharing.
- Cloud Tops - Cloud navigation web guide tool for locating networks on the cloud.
How to utilize these networks takes experience alone
To learn how to use many of the networks shown above, all you need to do is join them, many of them you can sign up using facebook.
Effectively after signing up, each one will provide the option to synchronize your content you share with your facebook account automatically, if you set it up to do so during the sign up phase. Many similar networks may also provide the option for you to set up this automatic sharing feature to your facebook account after confirming, and verifying your account via the email you signed up with.
Sending fanmail also helps hubbers to share inside hubpages
Many networks have outside communicators or sharing buttons
To communicate from within hubpages to a place like Stumbleupon to share your hub or any hub you like, each user must hold an active account with these networks. Above is an image that shows how these sharing button features look like.
Gaining Access to sharing features on your hub & from outside networks:
- Simply clicking a button will gain you access to the feature & you need to login, or be logged into that particular network to make the sharing happen.
- Most people are familiar with the Facebook Like button, and there's a vast amount of other networking buttons out here on the web for quick sharing of content from outside any networking locations.
- There's a sharing feature here on Hubpages located on the right of the screen, you must be a member of those networks to share there though by clicking them cool buttons.
- Using these sharing features will make all the difference in getting quick effective communications of any and all hubs you write, good luck! & keep writing.
- There's a twitter button there as well don't forget to sign up to these networks prior to sharing, you will also need to establish yourself their as an active member.
Stay tuned for the next hub
The next hub on this topic of social sharing, will help people to gain a deeper understanding to how the networks work & what ways people can use them if they own a website location of their own. Also tips on how to get established on any network, in terms of discovering the community & gaining followers to share with.
Note: Without establishing human communications on most networks, social sharing will not work at all or surely not as effective as you expect it to do.