- HubPages Tutorials and Community»
- Improving Your Article
How to capture the rain drops - Creative hubpages video making
To create the video up above, I used a Toshiba Camileo x400, 20x Zoom, full HD 1920x1080 pixels
Creative video making
Making videos takes time and accuracy, and so this hub is going to attempt at helping people with learning other ways to do it.
It isn't easy to teach yourself such things as photography, and video creation, and for that matter many people may seem to appear a bit video camera shy with it all, but with enough practice, trial and error anything is possible, and plus with today's technology you never know what you might learn or come up with.
You don't need to be a Pro
Since I'm still quite an amateur myself, I will only go into the most basic knowledge, and understanding that I've gained from pure experience alone. I haven't attended any type of filming school, or received guidance by anyone whatsoever, and so it's definitely a work in progress, but well worth the drive & determination to continue trying to master this cool craft of film and video making.
- Scout out an area you would like to begin filming your video.
- Place yourself at a strategic position to start recording
- A video camera, camcorder, smart phone or iPad, will suffice for video creation.
- Think about what it is you would like to display directly prior to filming.
- Focusing the camera lens to the proper angles and distances is very important.
- Having a tripod will help you to make your video imaging much more stable.
- Effectively allowing for a professional production, and help make zooming in and out easy.
- Practice using your smart phone if your not use to making solo videos.
- Practice speaking into the microphone to get a sense for things, before film production.
The Tripod is being used to help hold the video camera steady
Help for beginners
If you're in fact a beginner at filming yourself or others, well it may feel kind of awkward at first. If you feel somewhat nervous, just take a breather and relax, then try to prepare yourself mentally for the some repetitious play with words of your own, even if its not scripted.
You will need to practice a great deal, by speaking into the video camera, smart phones, or differing recording devices, to get comfortable with hearing your own voice on video, and to adapt to how you sound (practice as often as you like till it flows naturally & have fun!). Over time you will find, that it will become more and more easier to create your very own solo videos, where your showcasing any subject of interest as a actual host of the video.
Lighting is a huge thing when it comes to video creation, and so make sure you have ample lighting prior to attempting your practice videos and especially to official recording. Preparing the set ahead of time will help you save precious time, and recording space, or memory (stored by a SIM Card) on your camcorder. (If you can let your family or friends know that you need help to make better lively videos.)
Things to know about digital camcorders
- You should have an active knowledge of your camcorders overall functions.
- Understand how to control the on button or power button.
- Check for additional features, like image capture capabilities while recording video.
- Zoom features may be present, so you can actively change focus.
- Most digital camera's have external connections that output to a PC. (USB port)
- Know how to recharge the battery (This is very important so that you know when the potential for running out of battery life, which can hinder a timely production.)
- Locate the SIM card , and make sure that you have ample enough memory on it to record your video footage.
- Learn how to use your camcorders controls, whether its on screen or push button.
- These controls should consist of, play, fast forward, rewind, stop and screen options to access all relevant content you've accumulated in terms of images taken, or videos stored.
- Also make sure to bring a carry case, this helps if your getting into more of an active motion recording, where the actual camcorder is less stable, and will follow the movement of your body language, and over swaying motion of your hands.
- This helps in taking live action as a form of scrolling through a specific surrounding, rather then staying motionless in on position.
If your digital camera has the simultaneous picture taking option you can catch awesome images while the rain drops are fallingClick thumbnail to view full-size
The most important thing to know
Most of all try your best to have as much fun as possible, because the more fun of an experience you have when filming things, you will grow to get even better at it as well, because of being able to let go and get loose.
Having fun really isn't an option neither, because if you don't do so, your production has a great chance to turn out a dud, mainly due to the lack of liveliness expressed, and even if its purely original works.
Try! using (Comes automatically with Windows Live Movie Maker Windows Vista, and Windows 7), in order to edit your videos once everything is said and done. Don't worry about errors made during recording and production, because you can edit them out using this cool editing tool.