- HubPages Tutorials and Community»
- Making Money on HubPages
How to earn money on Hubpages
Hey Carol us fellow hubbers will try to help you get the word out
It takes time, patience, and perseverance to achieve
Hi Carol, I read your hub here and I must say that writing 90 hubs in just 2 months is something to be proud of, and an achievement in itself. "My Two Month anniversary at HubPages" (Her awesome hub she recently wrote, for a 2 month hubpages anniversary)
As for earnings is concerned on hubpages I been here for exactly a year and have earned in total about $110, and at this time I currently have another pay out pending, that will actually be close to that amount. So try to think progressively when it comes to hub views, and pay, also never slow down your pace in my honest opinion, if you expect to earn huge.
The key to hubpages is high quality written hub articles over quantity, but if all of your hubs are generated as top notch quality, as you seem to be doing here judging by your work ethic, editing, etc... as you explained there in your hub, then all it takes is time, a bit of networking with others, and I tend to do a little praying as well (Hehe!).
So, this hub quality thing, which I'm sure you know by now actually pertains to use of white space, positioning content counts a great deal, grammar, spelling, backlinks, relevant links, keyword references, use of great relevant imagery, videos, and capsules placements, consistent use of the video hubs option, and loads more that all spells good SEO or search engine optimization.
Useful Tips for New Hubbers & Seasoned ones as well
- There's 10 hot hub article links provided below towards the end of this hub, to help anyone with much more detailed info on how much of this is done. (Those links are an example of a how your hubs can be used as a hub resource to relevant articles on hubpages, you've written and from fellow hubbers as well)
- You may see a good flow of revenue in return on such an investment of your hard working efforts digitally soon, but try not to relate such web success to a time set schedule of pay, because hubpages isn't based on time of stay, hourly pay, or any of those parameters, its primarily based on your overall hubs performance, and other payouts for advertising revenue as well. (Hubpages pay cycles are once a month at the end of each month on the 28th via paypal, if and when you reach the $50 payout threshold or better each time.)
- Remember this if anything, if and when you manage to write yet a single hub that happens to strike it huge with the online communities, and on the search engines pretty much, well the viral zone! is where it may be headed, and can potentially rake in millions of views for you. (Use Googles Adwords keyword tool to maximize your keywords, when creating hub titles, and subtitles)
- Oh and don't forget about hub summaries, writing them can be done using the hub capsule area, towards the right of the hub editor, just look for the summary link there (click the summary link and write a good summary up to 2 sentences).
- Group your hubs - place hubs into specific groupings on your my account section (Click edit group), and especially if you write hubs in the same subject, this helps for your hubs being located on hubpages together with one another, making it a even further hub resource.
- Make sure when you title hubs at the hub creation process, that it pertains to the relevance of your hubs written contents, and isn't a deceptive title.
- If you have low performing hubs try the title tuner if you've already edited it a great deal.
Carol777 is a pretty intense hub writer looking to earn it big
More Useful Tips
Master your keywords, as well as inbound hubpages links you will need to create, just use the link capsule. (create a hubpages resources using your hubs and fellow hubbers hubs, to make your hubs easy to navigate - Satisfying the Hubkarma scoring requirement) , watch the trends on yahoo, news sites, social media sites.
Networking scores huge for folks - Meet people get to know them, & share
Learn how to network your hubs both socially, and also on professional networks like Linkedin, Viadeo, Branchout, and many more to potentially catch a viral wave, that's what I managed to do with a few articles here on hubpages, and they're both flourishing here today with high stats.
So try to remember, that there's many ways to get to the top of the search engines, just never quit at trying to master this craft of being a powerful hubber (active communicator), article writer, and hub web editor.
The Hubpages Team
RSS Feeds & Backlinks
Use your hubs RSS Feeds, if you can on your existing blog sites, and or websites, to provide the backlinks for your hubs, besides attempting to create your very own linking archives there.
I'll use an example from my web development website known as FPC-Virtual (its a web designers social network), what I did there was combine the RSS Feeds of multiple hubpages authors onto my official business website, using this link in the RSS category of latest hubs of each hubber (I asked them first of course), here's an example of my RSS Feed "http://cloudexplorer.hubpages.com/hubs/latest?rss". As long as you manage to create a relevant page that goes with the flow of your content on your website or blog it should work out fine.
I also used a website known as Web RSS, in order to convert these feeds into html codes, for reconfiguration into unique layouts of color, and detailing display. Then I embedded these codes into my website after fully customizing the way I wanted them to appear.
There's all kinds of RSS feed websites that accept our hub feeds, so research will be needed to determine what works best for your articles, here's one though that works wonders as a news feed web location known as the Paper-li website (It uses multiple RSS feeds from external websites to automatically create a website of news feeds, all you need to do is cut the copy and paste the feeds into it), and many more sharing bookmarking avenues such as Stumbleupon, Digg, Delicious, Reddit, Pearltrees, and a great deal more, where you can also share your articles at to gain even more of a following, but be mindful to share with folks on many of these networks as well.
Pearltrees (social curation tool/website) however is one site though that is truly powerful, and may not require your sharing other peoples stuff much, but rather your organizing or curation skills of gathering useful web content others are in search for to be shared.
Stay far away from being overly promotional on hubpages, or overly personal (Hubpages isn't a blogging platform, hubs are professional articles), it gets people booted from the program here, and isn't worth it at all.
This means if you share outbound links or also referred to as backlinks to external websites be advised to never send more then 2 to a single web location in your hubs by means of creating links on such a hub using any linking mechanism via the hub editor (hub violations will end your account if not corrected), unless its to Wikipedia, for link reference purposes in many research articles or as informational resources.
(Backlinking to images generally don't get counted into this equation, as they're meant to provide attribution back to the originator of such images you may have chosen to utilize to protect you from copyright infringement, but hubpages may flag them down as well so be advised, not to use that area incorrectly as well, and be sure to provide the correct attribution if at all applicable.)
10 proven articles that help people earn massive views & more
- How to Become A super hubber today!
Spreading the hublove is equal to saying pay it forward, and so as a community member its imperative to do so for your fellow hubbers, because it strengthens the bonds of the hubpages community, besides helping one another to earn a better web reputa
- The New Hubpages Profiles are Here! - Tips on How to...
Fabulous new hubpages profiles are in, get the inside scoop, and useful tips to how to make the upgrade, and more.
- Help for new Hubbers transitioning to hubpages and loo...
As a new hubber it may all seem like a fog at first starting out, and so this article is an assist to help all new hubbers learn the ropes here at hubpages, to get a much better handle on things as a whole.
- One hot! article to hit a hub score of 100
This article is about one single hub that topped all hubs I've had the pleasure to write since being a hubpages author, when it comes to web traffic views, hubscore, and overall popularity after being launched onto the web, just 3 months ago.
- How Linking hubs increases traffic from Google and a...
To gain more traffic to your hubs there's numerous ways to do so. This hub helps with some useful tips, and knowledge on how to improve the overall quality of your hubs, SEO resources,linking hubs, and catching your viewers attention.
- Tips on How to increase hub traffic
How to improve your hubs traffic in some truly simple yet informative steps, showcasing how SEO works for us hubbers, and the usage of keywords, great titling, and other useful tips.
- The Best ways to increase Traffic to a hub
How to increase traffic to your hubs, this hub covers many differing proven methods by experience alone, and by achieving 13,000+ views in only 6 months using such methods.
- What does it take to hit that infamous Hubber score ...
Attaining the ever so elusive hubber score of 100 is truly a tough thing to achieve here on hubpages, and this article takes folks for a ride into the world of reaching for higher and higher stats on hubpages, and in every way imaginable.
- The Hubpages community experience of sharing to achi...
This hub is one for the community, and for those who are looking to learn the inner workings of a madly intense hubpages community member, writer, and highly motivated hubber. Achieving 200 hubs isn't as easy as it looks, and boy was it a fun, but ch
- The Beauty of hub writing and showing gratitude in t...
Hub writing is truly an art of sorts, its not just a place to write articles. As a hub writer you must put in time, dedication and earnest efforts to succeed as a online freelance writer. This article will show how hubpages is a true writers network