- HubPages Tutorials and Community
How to improve low performing articles
Writing is a key, but there's more to it when it comes to the webClick thumbnail to view full-size
Removing hubs isn't wise if you haven't invested time on making them work for you
"I only got rid of one hub that was in question of violating the standards here on hubpages, as a sub standard hub." Quote by: Mike Pugh aka CloudExplorer on hubpages.
How this occurrence had actually happened on hubpages, was one day about 4 or 5 months back in late January of 2012, I had attempted to answer a question in the form of a hub, and I use to do so quite frequently actually.
So, this particular hub had a bit to much imagination written all over it, I guess or it may have been poorly written I really wasn't sure as it keep getting rejected by the system. Maybe it was flagged by a few people or so, who knows.
Best advise - Make sure it is truly neccesary
This hub is an actual answer to the Q & A question titled, "At what point is it wise to remove articles from hub pages?", asked by TIMETRAVELLER2
Here's my advice to those thinking of deleting any hubs that were worthy of publishing, and succeeded in passing the hubpages thorough inspections, and detection systems in place here.
I think that if you remove a low performing hub far to soon, you may be doing yourself a great injustice. Just because of the low numbers that hub has appeared to collect and amount, doesn't mean that it will not have potential to do better in the future.
Note: (Make sure prior to deleting any hub to save your written works on a word processor like Microsoft word, or else you will definitely lose your writing time you've invested into it all.)
It all can get blurry at times if you over do it so take breaks often
Keep this in mind prior to publishing a single hub
You truly need to give your hub a great deal of edits, and your titles need to be adjusted for sure if you're to attract more viewers from the search engines, where most of the web traffic to hubpages is coming from.
- Just don't count out a single hubs performance when it comes to judging their traffic views, even if its been 3 months or 6 months after initial publishing.
- Make sure to return to check and see if you missed comments or any mistakes that may have potentially halted its hubpages and web traffic as well, mainly because search engines are designed to detect any and all things that go on in any webpage and especially those that are performing with lower views.
- These are just some of the limiting factors, besides the hubpages communities ability to flag hubs, or using that thumbs down symbol, which if your hub is truly poor quality people may do so, and just as if they would praise a high quality one.
Learn to position capsules and relevant imagery to increase a hubs overall effectiveness and web page ranking (SEO)
Editing/Updating your hubs
If you haven't worked on updating your hubs and positioning things much, and or adding additional capsules, images, relevant video content, and many other awesome features to your hub. Well than you are losing a great deal of potential by simply removing or deleting a hub entirely, because it takes a great deal of time to write a great hub.
Hubpages is definitely a great place to write articles at, but many people haven't the slightest clue as to how to attract more viewers on the web, and since this is the web, a great deal of knowledge into its inner workings will help the average user, and content writer to adapt a bit to it all.
The overall knowledge of how the web functions behind the screen is known as SEO (Search Engine Optimization), and if you don't spend time to research on how it works, then deleting hubs is truly a waste of potential for sure.
Note: (SEO is defined by wikipedia as the process of improving the visibility of a web page and is how a content writer or web developer can optimize their web location for maximum viewing potential, and it deals with learning how to implement the use of keywords, visual content, tags or meta tags, and more). Research it to learn more!
Importance & Usage of The Hubages Summary Section
Make sure to also add a summary to your hub, it will help to get it noticed by the search engines as well, if you provide a great detail as to what the overall theme of your hub is, it also shows up in the RSS feed of your hubs, the links area of your hubs, and the groups area once you decide to group them.
A single hub that generates enough traffic will also be showcased on hubpages in many differing locations, and so this hub summary must be well written with zero typos or grammatical errors.
Located on your hub editor towards the right of the screen
There are many ways to make it happen here on hubpages
For your low performing hubs you may want to give them a boost in the overall look and appeal of them, besides just trying to edit its written contents.
- You also will need to dig deep for much more effective and attractive content to add to them.
- Think about what your audience is looking to read or searching for on the web.
- Write things that can help people a great deal (How to Hubs).
- Learn to locate catchy subject matter using Google Search.
- Read up on hub tutorials from the hubpages learning center.
- Join Facebook networking groups with fellow hubbers, ask for an invite.
- Share with people here in every way shape and form, by become more active in the HP community, forums, Q&A, hub hopping etc....
- Join forum discussions here, which can help people discover you.
- Answer questions on HP and ask them, but be accurate in doing so.
- Review your hubs as soon as they are published, never think its perfect.
- Last but not least read peoples hubs entirely, and leave insightful comments, because it helps you to grow a true following, and leaving empty comments doesn't do the trick at all.
- Being more real with what you choose to write or share here does indeed help a great deal, oh and don't forget to have fun while writing your awesome hubs.
More Hubpages community and learning resources
- Leaving Insightful Comments - Its no game folks its ...
Leaving insightful messages is one of the most important parts of the hubpages system, and every one of us should be held accountable for the quality of our responses as well. The hubpages system frowns upon in-genuine activity as well so thinking yo
- How to capture the rain drops - Creative hubpages vi...
Easy to learn video making ideas, to help inspire more people to utilize the hubpages video tool, which actually is a powerful tool in attracting more viewers online, and in the hubpages community.
- An overview on how hubpages works
An informative overview of how the hubpages system work, the ins and outs to it all.
- How to position images to attract more viewers to yo...
How to guide on learning to improve your hubs overall appearance and attractiveness, simply by using capsule placements, text spacing, page positioning, and the overall knowledge to adjust your hubs contents helping to attract more viewers.
- Understanding hubpages traffic and tips on how to im...
Tips on understanding hubpages traffic, and how to improve your hubs overall performance on the web as a whole. This hub also goes into great detail as to how hubbers can better their hubs chances at attracting more viewers who simply enjoy sharing h