How to position images to attract more viewers to your articles online
The how to guide on capsule usage & page positioning
Procedural Steps to get started-
1. Make sure to have completed at least three text capsule's to achieve image placement, and overall positioning.
2. Once your capsules are in place, go to your image capsule and locate the arrows on the top-right of it.
- If your having any difficulty understanding what a capsule is, you can watch the video supplied below, you can go to Hubpages Learning Center by clicking the text link from hovering over your hubpages profile link up above, or by clicking the link here as well.
- It will lead to all the info on how to create capsules, and their uses via the links provided there on the Learning Center page.
Here's the video on how to utilize the text capsule
Add button, located on the left of the screen, while creating a hub
Locating the image capsule
3. Locate the image capsule text icon from clicking the add button, on the left of the screen of your hub editor, this will allow you to instantly create more capsules.
(You can also add a new capsule from the far right of your hub editor screen titled "Add More Capsules".)
The green arrows allow for movement of capsules
Movement of arrows - refer to image supplied above
4. Play with the green arrows towards the top-right of any capsule, simply click them, in order to move any capsules around for better viewing positions.
5. The images can be easily moved around, basically by adding more text capsules, but be mindful of your page spacing, readers can get lost on your page if you add way to many without useful or relevant content to fill in the space.
Image of text capsule - access it from your hub editor section
Additional helpful procedures
6. If you position your capsule correctly, by not spacing things out to far, or to close you may keep your viewers interested in your hubs visual appeal, just be smart on it all with page spacing.
7. The spacing of the text capsules can be controlled within the text area itself, and also be mindful of such, try to hit enter button on your keyboard, towards the end of the text submitted to add space after the text capsule, for the next capsules placement.
8. This will give the appearance of more page spacing, so that the capsule that comes after the text one, will now have a single blank white space area between the text, and the new area you've chose to create via capsule usage (works wonders with spacing images or videos apart from text).
Take your time creating your hub's patience is key
9. Don't rush into things, the beauty of your hubs will come in due time, and with much learned experience, because you may have to get ideas for better effective positioning from expert hubbers (Top hubbers with a hub scores range of 96-100).
10. Make sure you give the reading of other people hubs a try to see both the good, and the bad orientations of hubs, and this will also help you in learning a great deal about where, and how you want yours to look.
Note: By using the hubpages learning center, it will help you to gain a much better overall understanding of things. It helps to guide all users all throughout the course of their hubpages educative learning process, and your writing career here. It takes a great deal of learning to master many aspects of becoming a great hub writer & effective communicator in this vast hubpages community here.
Here's how to change image sizing
Learning the ropes makes all the difference on Hubpages
Bonus: In order to change the size of an image or place a border around it get more familiar with the image capsule entirely, play around with the setting there, and you'll soon see what you like best in terms of display.
There's also the thumbnail option, if you prefer to display multiple images in a single capsule and onto the screen as thumbnail displays instead of a single image.
Accessing the Thumbnail option - Hit the Display style down arrow, to also change how your images get displayed onto the screen; No border, Border, or by thumbnail. (Located in the image capsule, on the top-left, after the Capsule Subtitle entry area, also seen in the image supplied above).
This is the Hubpages Learning Center
Try Learning from tutorials on hubpages & on Vimeo
Provided toward the end of this hub is a complete overview, but before that visit the hubpages learning center to learn much more (link provided in image above), in any event all you need to do is play around with your capsules once you get the hang of things, be creative with it.
The hubpages tutorials can also be located on Vimeo, which you can easily access at any time, at the bottom of the hubpages website, also stated earlier in this hub.
To get to Hubpages Vimeo location (simply follow the text link titled "Learning Center".). Now click any of the video titles on those tutorial pages, and it will take you to the Vimeo video management website, where the hubpages staff chose to downloads the videos. (The Hubpages Vimeo page)
A look at the Hubpages Vimeo web location & link to get there
Tips on making your hubs appeal much more visually to the reader, and sharing on hubpages to help your efforts and others
- After creating your text capsules, make sure to have more then one text capsule (three capsules min), and then try to move around your image capsule.
- There's up & down arrows that each capsule has, and you will need to play with them till you get it right, or the way you would like your hubs to appear on the screen.
- Remember content is king on the web, so choose wisely what content you prefer to submit in terms of relevant images, video, and written works.
- I can't stress this point enough, that there's a great deal of resources available in the hubpages Learning center, so give it a look as well, to get much more familiar with the hubpages system here.
- We are glad to have you as part of the community here, and good luck on your writing adventure's here as well, also don't forget to read and view many differing hubs,
- Sharing is a huge part of the hubpages game, besides hub creation, and it can be easily done by commenting on hubs with insight, sharing hubs you enjoyed reading socially with your circles of people, overall please enjoy hubbing and have fun here.
Quality over Quantity - Content is King on the web & our Boss
Overview & Conclusion
Making your hubs much more visually appealing is important, and the positioning of hub capsules helps to attract many more readers, and also rank your hubs higher in the search engines page ranking system once traffic begins to pick up. Learning the ropes to it all takes hard work, learning from many others, and true dedication to the craft of Hub writing.
More great and helpful hub resouces
- The Benefits of being a Hubpages Writer
- Keywords alone, gets you at the very bottom of a search engine
- Sharing Hubs outside of hubpages
- Tips on How to increase traffic for my hub
- Tips on how to write a Powerful Hub Useful tips
- Hubpages profile widget Sharing Hubs outside of hubpages
- Hubtivity - A not so clear understanding
- A hub written with a crystal clear purpose
- How to Resurrect Your Aging Hubpages Hub
- Why Is My Hub Score Fluctuating? 3 Steps for Maintaining a High Hub and Hubber Score?