- HubPages Tutorials and Community»
- Managing Your HubPages Account
How to setup Google authorship for your Hubpages subdomain
Letting your face show on Google results
Google authorship is one of the great things about Google search results - It shows results from content pages and the faces of authors who have provided them.
When someone searches for results on Google and finds your face in the search results, chances are that such pages have a higher click through rate than pages that have no face attached to them. This is because humans are more likely to identify with results that have human faces attached to it.
We've been hearing a lot about Google authorship for blogs and content websites and this in a way rewards writers and authors for the content they've provided on the web. Now, how about being able to let your Hubpage sub domain also show your face when people search on Google? Well, you can do this with Hubpages and it's quite easy without having to do any html coding but just using the tools that come with your Hubpages and Google account.
Things you will need
- A Hubpages account
- A Google plus account
How to Set it up
- Log into your Hubpages account
- Go to Profiles
- Under Links > Google plus, add your profile url e.g. https://plus.google.com/111222387401740462163
- Save it
- Go to Google plus at plus.google.com
- Log into your Google account
- Click on Edit profiles
- Under contributor to add our hubpages url e.g felix09.hubpages.com
Testing your Setup
In order to know if you've properly setup your Google authorship codes, you can test it by simply using the Google authorship snippet tool.
- Go to http://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/richsnippets
- Under url, add your hubpages url and submit
Results will show your face if you've correctly set it up