How to Use the Referral Tracker on HubPages
How to Create Referral Trackers on HubPages Video
Referral Trackers are your fuel!
I really wish I had understood the concept and importance of referral trackers from the beginning. This step is VITAL if you care about hub impressions (clicks) and traffic. If you want hub money - trust me, just DO IT! and create your respective referral trackers. Example; if someone went to your page on a whim and signed up for HubPages you do NOT get sign up credit without a referral tracker. However, if they got to HubPages through one of YOUR trackers and signup for HubPages then you get credit and residuals from that new hubber's account.
Earning Additional Income - You can earn by adding a referral tracker to hubs other than your own. Let me REPEAT that. You CAN EARN by adding a referral tracker to hubs you did NOT write. The original author is NOT losing anything by you doing this. In fact you are simply generating traffic to that hub. Traffic that would not have been generated without your promotion. NOTE - you do NOT copy the hub! You copy the title and add a referral tracker link. It's a win win - you are creating a SEO friendly back-link to your fellow hubber. They get better SEO, plus traffic. You earn a portion of the impression for promoting your fellow hubber's hubs. Here are the specifics - straight from HubPages.
- you earn between 9 - 12% of the impressions when the link includes your referral tracker to a fellow hubber's hub
- you earn 30% of the impressions when you refer to HubPages home page
- you earn 10% of the impressions when a new hubber signs up under your referral tracker
How to create a referral tracker
- Go to your account page
- From your account page click the EARNINGS link
- From your earnings' page click REFERRAL TRACKERS
- Scroll to Create New Tracker. Incidentally, HubPages has already created a referral tracker for you. You can use that one or create specific trackers. For example, I have a separate tracker for Twitter, Facebook and for each of my blog pages. I also have specific trackers for my main topics such as, education, nutrition and technology.
- IMPORTANT - YOU must enter the referral tracker within your links otherwise they are useless and you don't gain additional monetary credit! There is a couple of ways to do this.
Be sure to watch the video above for easy step by step instructions.
Finding the "Referral Tracker"
"Link to this page" The Easy Way to Use a Referral Tracker on HubPages
Let's say you want to share a particular Hub in your e-mail, blog or social network -
- Scroll to the VERY bottom of the Hub.
- Go to the footer bar.
- Click "Link to this page".
- Use the drop down list to select your referral tracker.
- Cut and paste the url into your e-mail, blog, website, or social network. This way YOU get the credit for the referral on those clicks. Get it? You get credit AND the author gets credit.
Finding the "link to this page"
A word about courtesy and copyright
- Never EVER cut and paste ANY hub text into your blogs or websites. ONLY cut and paste the title of the hub. You can also add the pre-written short summary for the hub. It is best practice to try to rewrite their summary or tweak it a bit when posting it elsewhere. However, keep any summaries and prologues relevant to their respective work.
- Make every attempt possible to notify your fellow hubber or blogger that you are promoting their respective work on your blogs or websites. You can use the "contact" icon under their profile or tweet them a personal message if you follow them on twitter. Most hubbers are pleased to have their work featured and promoted. After all, it generates traffic.
- Extend an invitation to fellow hubbers to guest post on your blog. This builds camaraderie, referrals and interest in your topic areas. Include your referral tracker on any outgoing links to hubs.
© 2011 Marisa Hammond Olivares