- HubPages Tutorials and Community
The Demise and End Of HubHop or Not?
Hop it! You will love this!
Take A Peek and See What's Happening!
The Image below shows exactly where to get started with Hub Hopping as a member of Hubpages.
- Click MY ACCOUNT under your name at the menu top of the page.
- Look for the little green "FROG" silhouette far left top of the page.
- Seems that I took "HOP" for bunny; while admins took "HOP" for Froggy lilypads
What Happened To My Hubpages Hop Prediction?
Well, it has been a number of months since I predicted the demise of Hub Hopping. I admit the error of my ways. This Simon video illustrates the 'softness' and "fun" that can occur when hunting for new Hubpages articles in little jumps and spurts of energy.
You may think this method could be a nusance, but once you get to know the little Hopper, you will snuggle up to his or her bunny ways.
If you have never seen Simon's hand drawn artistic video takes on the life of kitty, then watching Simon will be a real treat. How does he put the sound and movement together in such a realistic way? I'll never know. I just love it, though.
Crystal Ball Prediction Haiku
I'm not a fortune
Teller of what's about to
happen in a month
Not a risk taker
I would not dare predict the
date future end day
Nor the year ahead
To pull up stakes and move out
Hip-pity hop hop
Wiggling my pink nose
To smell the wind's coming scent
and keen intuition
By the mainstream page
All the action flows fast faster
Down the rabbit hole
So it goes and whoosh will be
My Hub Hopping Days
ever visits my field and
stream anymore since
So many features
grace Hubpages front pages
Waving a good-bye
No longer a "new feature" Hub Hopping has been around enough for people to get an idea of whether this function works for them or not.
I recently posted a QUESTION / ANSWER to get member input on its activity. Have people been utilizing it since the HP team seems to encourage you each time you visit your stats page?
At the top menu, you will find a clickable link that says, "Help us out Hop some Hubs."
When I first discovered Hub-Hopping as a new feature, it was quite enjoyable and readily available to quickly skim Hubs, rate and leave a comment and hop-along Cassidy to the next one. I could ignore those that did not interest me. I could also report those that did not conform to HP rules.
However, times have changed around here and the updated mainstream page fulfills so many needs that I don't bother with Hub Hoping anymore. In fact, clicking all the options overrides the need to Hop a Hub.
Do read what others have said about their experience over time on the Hopping feature. I predict that this will probably be removed in the future as the programming on Hubpages further develops to keep everything streamlined.
The new mainstream page fulfills the drive to keep the community active and interactive with quickly skimming the new Hubs, filtering what you want to see, commenting and pop up windows.
It reminds me a bit of the web-rings of old where you can click community members web pages that were based on a common theme. Do they still have web-rings?
WOW! I just googled it and YES! They do.
Surprise Amazon Find Devotional Book! Using Keyword Webring
This particular book of devotional readings span Ordinary Time, that season of the church year in which there are no high holy days to celebrate; the long stretch of green for those of us who are liturgical in our practice. They have been written by women and men of diverse denominational backgrounds; all with the aim of bringing scripture alive for both writer and reader. These writings reflect on the lectionary passages for Year B, and it is our prayer that in the green and ordinary time they will bring forth a bountiful harvest for all who read them.
There are Webrings On Many Themes including "Titanic"
Key Bullets on Web Ring
- Webring Community Directory shows a picture of people joining hands. And it is 'ancient' based upon their description. What's great about this type of system is that it is quick and easy to jump to a new person, meet new authors and stop, read, comment or just keep hopping to the next one.
- Webring Description : For thousands of years, people have gathered in circles to share ideas and information. This is the essence of WebRing, an online platform that connects us by our common interests. And now, Google+ has captured this concept and developed Google Circles
- Wikipedia also talks about the Webring: "A webring is a collection of websites linked together in a circular structure. When used to improve search engine rankings, webrings can be considered a search engine optimization technique."
- Community : Here we learn the benefit of communal structure of this circular pattern. It obvious will improve SEO for the community and Hubpages is definitely a Social Network. With all the new features and building on the FEEDS and GAMES and FORUMS. This is a great idea.
- Yahoo Webring : Yahoo took it to another level with their webring with managers, affiliate programs, different levels of membership and partnerships. I wonder how far Hubpages will take this Hub Hop?
This is so Cool! Hub Hopping or YouTube Bopping!
Learn Something New by Exploring Through Hub Hopping
We offer a STAP WEBRING 100" long with 1 bar strength tungueless for any kind of use on your military Jeep.NOS comes from our stock and its in new unused condition.Thanks for looking.We sell worldwide.
It can take you miles away from where you started!
Where Do We Go From Here?
- Our Hubpage Hop is also built thematically and we categorize so we are traveling in circles that we like. The FUN part is that we don't know where we will HOP to next. That's the surprise!
- I'm finding I really enjoy the exploration. I'm wondering if administrators also took this idea from the google and Bing notion of simply "explore" and go to places you have never been before?
- Bing has a nice approach where they draw you in using imagery. Beauty for the eyes. It's like traveling to lost zones in the internet and far off fantasy lands. I just clicked Egypt and ended in the Nile River. Cool.
- With Google, they have had, "I'm Feeling Lucky" for a long time now. The interesting part is that I don't use either Bing or Google for exploration of this kind. I've always felt it was a distraction or a waste of my time.
- With Hubpages, I'm already a community member. I've got friends here and I'm making new ones each week. I'm interested in learning what other people have to say and jumping into the conversation. Strange how things work.
- I applaud Hubpage administrator for creating this Bunny Hop for us rabbits. Munching on flavorful carrots is so much fun.
- I guess there are dating rings, political rings, cooking rings and now we can convert them into hubs and integrate our videos and images right within the Hub itself. How fantastic is that? Are we lucky? Everything has become so simple these days.
- YouTube Hub Hopping. In actuality, we have a ready-made Hub community on YouTube. All those folks who have uploaded videos with Hubpage in their title or tags have become linked together.
- I will say that this new feature has be very inviting. It peeks my interest to read more because it feels 'quick' and easy. And, I'm more likely to comment and rate.
- P.S. I have mistakenly clicked the DOWN AND UP BUTTON thinking it will take me to the next hop in either direction. So, don't make that mistake. Perhaps, I would suggest they put the word RATE UP and RATE DOWN to make it more clear.
- Looking forward to meeting many more hubbers.
Click This Link ~> If You Enjoy Hubpages and You Want To Join Now.
About the Author
Debby Bruck, CHOM founded Homeopathy World Community social network. Debby believes that homeopathy is the wave of the future that provides hope and healing to those who have tried every other approach. Follow Debby on Twitter.
Disclaimer: This Information is for Educational Purposes Only
- The information on this blogsite is posted for educational purposes only, and not intended to constitute medical or legal advice. As with any important medical or legal matter, you are advised to consult an experienced health care provider and/or knowledgeable attorney concerning your specific health & vaccine exemption or waiver concerns.
- No attorney-client relationship or doctor-patient relationship is intended, implied or created by the posting or viewing of information on this site; nor is a doctor-patient or an attorney-client relationship created by the submission or exchange of questions or information via email or otherwise with Debby Bruck
- Readers are responsible for their use of information provided on this blog or linked to from this site. Debby Bruck assumes no liability for the same.
- Debby Bruck has made reasonable efforts to ensure the accuracy of information on this blog site, but absolute accuracy is not guaranteed.
- Always check with your health care provider