- HubPages Tutorials and Community
Hubpages Broken Links Tutorial and More Tips
Hubpages Broken Links Tutorial
How often do you check your HP statistics and review the status of your hubs?
- You should be checking at least once a week if not more often.
Usually you think of the color red as a warning sign, but on the contrary, the bright red triangle indicates that more people are clicking and hopefully reading your Hubpages.
FIRST THE GOOD PART. RED IS GOOD! IT MEANS VIEWERS INCREASING
There are a couple of approaches to increasing and keeping the red triangle.
1. Under the assumption that a particular Hub is popular and worthy of readers, perhaps because many visit to comment, keep plugging away at the Hub with rising traffic.
- Make sure you reply to all comments
- Tweet on a regular weekly or biweekly basis
- Link from other social networks
- Tells others that many people have shown interest
- Add the link on the bottom of your email messages
- Let other Hubbers know about the article, especially people who have an interest in similar subjects
- Click that SHARE button at the bottom of each Hub
- Add the link in your other Hubpages articles, either integrated within the text or as a list link
HUBPAGES HINT: Click Source Link Of Image To View Hubpages
When Traffic Is DECREASING DOWN ARROW
2. Under the assumption that most of your network friends have already read the article and that's why the red traffic rising light presently shows up, you may not want to keep nudging and pushing this very same article. Instead you may want to move on and start to rotate some older articles, that this wave of friends and new social network connections have not yet seen.
HERE ARE TIPS FOR IMPROVING THE VIEWING OF HUBS THAT ARE DECREASING READERSHIP
- Use all the above tips from number 1 option
- Go back to your old hubs and reread them
- Brush up any grammar and spelling errors you may have previously missed
- Tweak your signature
- Add new links on current topics
- Add links to other hubbers
- Remove outdated material
- Do research and add new information
NOW THE NOT SO GOOD PART WHERE YOU NEED TO MAKE REPAIRS TO BROKEN LINKS AS YOU CHECK YOUR HUBPAGES, ESPECIALLY IF YOU HAVE LINKED TO OTHER HUBS OR AUTHORS WHO HAVE MOVED THEIR BLOGS OR SERVERS
HUBPAGES HINT: Label The Name and Source of Your Images
WHY IS IT IMPORTANT TO CLEAN BROKEN LINK?
2. Shows you maintain your articles
3. Improve Google Panda Rating
4. Increase Hubpages Rating Standard
5. Perfectionism personality
6. Keeping it up-to-date
THIS IS WHY YOU ARE READING THIS HUBPAGE
3. Okay, now we've arrived at the main attraction to this tutorial, Broken Links. We've been focusing on the articles with traffic rising and how to keep them flying. Now, as you scan through your list of hubpages, check for the BLACK TRIANGLE with the exclamation point. There is also another way to find these broken links.
- The quick scan when you first open your statistics page
- The direct check using the Broken Links Button
The Broken Links Button provides more detailed information at each location, which assists in finding what needs repair. The broken link can be to a VIDEO, a link from another Hubpages where a person left the community or removed a particular hubpages article or an outside link from another webpage that has been removed or moved to a different URL location.
HUBPAGES HINT: Fill in the image forms completely
TUTORIAL ON BROKEN HUBPAGES LINKS
The video below took me ages to complete. I was working on it a few weeks ago when suddenly I noticed many of my hubpages had little BLACK TRIANGLES WITH EXCLAMATION POINTS. This was not a good sign.
I started to make repairs when I realized some friends would like to learn a few tips about making improvements. I took some photos and started to record the actions, but then was called away from finishing the video project for a couple of weeks.
By the time I returned and tried to synchronize all the film, typography, sound and images everything got messed up. So, here is the finished product. Not perfect, but it will do.
HUBPAGES HINT: Check all outdated information, dates & links
HUBPAGES HINT: Use the "EDIT" Button next to each title
HAVE YOU NOTICED YOUR HUB OPENS WITH THE FEED?
4. How to manage the broken links?
I encourage everyone to check in at least once a week, because I often find broken links, which truly improves the quality of your hubpages and SEO status
Go directly to your Hub, Click EDIT, scan for the highlighted area whether it is a text ink or a video, open it up and copy the URL.
Open a new Browser window and test the link. Don't forget you can also TEST the LINK directly from the Broken Link Button.
If you found the webpage no longer has the linked article, you may enter a shortened version using key words into the web page search box. Very often I do find the same article that has been moved to a new location. This may happen when websites have updated or moved to a new server.
If you do not find the article for which you are searching, then put the keywords into a general Google, Bing, Yahoo or other browser window where you very well may locate the source or a copy of the article. Then simply update the link with the new URL in your hubpages,
What if you cannot find the article anywhere?
When the broken link is a video, then you have the choice of
1. Removing the video altogether
2. Searching for an appropriate alternate video to insert in that location.
If the broken link jumps to a missing article.
1. Removing the link altogether
2. Searching the internet for an appropriate alternate article to insert in that location.
When making choices, you may want to update the entire Hubpages articles, rearrange the sections of the piece, shorten or lengthen the Hub, or add images or new videos.
What part of this tutorial was most helpful?
If You Enjoy Hubpages You may want to Join Now.
- How To Stop Following A Blogger Social Network Blog ...
Learn how to stop following some old or commercial Blogger Blogs. Easy instructions with video.
- Hubpages Changes In Comment Sections and YouTube Upl...
Learn about the Commenting capability on Hubpages, the benefits and the HOW TO Tutorial of viewing and selecting the options.
- How To Follow A Hubpages With Love Tutorial
If you would like to continue to follow the comments of others on a particular hub, just click the
- Hupbages A Dollar A Day Is Better Than Nothing
Why Hubpages may help you earn some pin money or a larger income source when you invest your time and talent over the long run.
- Tutorial How To Target Links in Hubpages
Tutorial that teaches how to insert a link to open in a new window on Hubpages
- Did You Get Your FaceBook Event Invitation? Change Y...
April 4, 2011 Day 4 of the Hubpages ChallengeI Please update your FaceBook Feed so friends can see your update status and you can see theirs, too.
- 30-Day Hubpages Challenge Reflections
Take stock on where you have been and where you are going with a challenging blog goal. Hubpages community provides a method to improve your standing, status and profile ratings with a 30-Day Blogging Challenge. Learn how to get started and participa
- Reflections on Hubpages 30-Day Challenge
Hubpages provides many opportunities for Hubbers to challenge themselves with blogging. Monthly blogs lead to journals and self evaluation.
About the Author
Debby Bruck, CHOM founded Homeopathy World Community social network. Debby believes that homeopathy is the wave of the future that provides hope and healing to those who have tried every other approach. Follow Debby on Twitter.
Disclaimer: This Information is for Educational Purposes Only
- The information on this blogsite is posted for educational purposes only, and not intended to constitute medical or legal advice. As with any important medical or legal matter, you are advised to consult an experienced health care provider and/or knowledgeable attorney concerning your specific health & vaccine exemption or waiver concerns.
- No attorney-client relationship or doctor-patient relationship is intended, implied or created by the posting or viewing of information on this site; nor is a doctor-patient or an attorney-client relationship created by the submission or exchange of questions or information via email or otherwise with Debby Bruck
- Readers are responsible for their use of information provided on this blog or linked to from this site. Debby Bruck assumes no liability for the same.
- Debby Bruck has made reasonable efforts to ensure the accuracy of information on this blog site, but absolute accuracy is not guaranteed.
- Always check with your health care provider