- HubPages Tutorials and Community
Hubpages New Changes In Comment Sections and YouTube Uploads
Changes To Hubpages Comment Feature
The Hubpages administration continues to expand the capabilities for the authors to manage their blogs. In this tutorial readers will take a closer look at the comment section.
- When leaving a comment at the end of an author's blog you will see your profile avatar, your name and now an additional identifier. This black rectangle contains a rating scale of how much you participate in the commenting areas of Hubpages. I'm not sure exactly the titles for these ratings and how they are determined, but this seems to be a new way of encouraging people to post more comments. It reminds me of KLOUT.
- The official announcement, made in May 2011 [wondering why it took me so long to notice] explains that the more insightful the higher level rating. This is super because it means that instead of grading on the typical "great hub" or "thanks" as a comment, the content of the comment really exemplifies whether someone actually read and comprehended the blog. Plus, whether they had something of value to add so that other people might want to read their comment, as well.
On Your Profile Page -- BADGES
When commenting on your own Hubpages article in response to others who comment you will see a little green rectangle that states you are the HUB AUTHOR, just so you don't get confused.
It is highly recommended that you do leave a follow-up comment because the people 'following' the hub would likely want a response to confirm their comment was accepted and read.
- Hubpages How To Follow With Love Tutorial
View All Comment Management At Once
The second thing I noticed was the box pop-up that shows an aerial type view of your hub management tools. This is called the "Global Comment Capsule Settings" and you can determine in one click whether you would like to disable commenting on hubs, approve comments before they appear, enable only Hubber members to post comments, and show the most recent comments first.
The three columns Yes, No and Configure per Hub means that you can select to do this globally across all hubs or select individually to make these choices.
I would be interested to know what people choose to do? I would be most interested in the choice to disable further comments from being posted across all of your hubs. Why would someone do this?
Disable any further comments from being posted
Comments must be approved before they appear?
Only signed in users may comment
Display most recent comments first
When you make this selection you will have the options at the Comment section below each Hubpages written as shown below.
A comment tab tells you the benefit of keeping the COMMENT capsule on your Hupbages. Although, you do have the option to remove it using the "Don't display"
One more selection you may have overlooked concerns the number of comments you will enable on each Hubpage. I'm not sure why a person would select at of these values. Please post your comments and answers about this feature below in the comment section.
BONUS TUTORIAL INFORMATION
Since I'm on a roll, thought you might like to review your options when posting a POLL on your Hubpages. Take a look at image below.
- You can now CLOSE the Voting on a poll at any time.
- Stop showing a capsule [which you can do for any capsule]
- Remember, if you change any questions in a POLL that has already started you will lose any votes tallied.
BIG HUBPAGES TIP FOR AUTHORS
Hubpages has instituted many new features to keep the articles within requirements, no violations, pop-ups or unacceptable affiliate links. If you are receiving numerous email messages to repair your Hubpages articles, please check out the MODERATION HELP BLOG on VIOLATION LINKS
If You Enjoy Hubpages You may want to Join Now.
Most recently I have notice that a good portion of the YouTube videos no longer play on the Hubpages website. I imagine there is a monetary and copyright explanation.
What Do You Do?
If your Video Selection is no longer playing on Hubpages:
Question for Hubpages Experts
When posting YouTube videos, is it possible not to have all related videos show after the one selected video plays here on Hubpages? Please provide instructions in the comment section if you do know how to configure that only one video plays.
- Google Accepts URL Shorteners
Using URL shorteners. Yes. Google will crawl the permanent versions.
About the Author
Debby Bruck, CHOM founded Homeopathy World Community social network. Debby believes that homeopathy is the wave of the future that provides hope and healing to those who have tried every other approach. Visit her blog or follow Debby on Twitter.
Disclaimer: This Information is for Educational Purposes Only
- The information on this blogsite is posted for educational purposes only, and not intended to constitute medical or legal advice. As with any important medical or legal matter, you are advised to consult an experienced health care provider and/or knowledgeable attorney concerning your specific health & vaccine exemption or waiver concerns.
- No attorney-client relationship or doctor-patient relationship is intended, implied or created by the posting or viewing of information on this site; nor is a doctor-patient or an attorney-client relationship created by the submission or exchange of questions or information via email or otherwise with Debby Bruck
- Readers are responsible for their use of information provided on this blog or linked to from this site. Debby Bruck assumes no liability for the same.
- Debby Bruck has made reasonable efforts to ensure the accuracy of information on this blog site, but absolute accuracy is not guaranteed.
- Always check with your health care provider