- HubPages Tutorials and Community»
- Making Money on HubPages
Hubpages Experiment: Week One Update
Do you want to write on Hubpages and make a profit?
So this is my first update on my Hubpages Experiment. A couple of weeks ago I wrote a post: Hubpages Experiment: Can you really make a passive income? Making plans for my future here on hubpages and sharing with the world one of my new year's resolutions, that is about setting up Hubpages so that I can have a passive income. In order to do that, my first goal is to have at least 100 featured hubs by the end of February. Some of you said I am crazy, and maybe you are right! But honestly, what have I got to lose? After all, if you are not willing to put in the work, you will never accomplish anything. Is it a crazy goal? Maybe. Will I accomplish it? I will never know if I don't try! So, Let's see what I have done this week:
Have you ever tried a Hubpages challenge?
Day One (5th Jan 2015)
I said I would start in January, well I am 5 days later as I have been away on holiday in Portugal :D
Today I start my Hubpages Experiment for real! What have I done today?
Well let's start with saying that I have successfully published 2 hubs:
Day 2 (6th Jan 2015)
Today I wrote just one Hub but I believe it to be a very good one:
It took me a lot of time to put this Hub together so I am not disappointed I only wrote one :) Tomorrow I will hopefully do more.
Day 3 (7th Jan 2015)
Today I managed to write one Hub as well:
Day 4 (8th Jan 2015)
Today I didn't actually published any Hub but I have been doing researches for my next ones.
Day 5 (9th Jan 2015)
Day 6 (10th Jan 2015)
Today I made researches for future posts and implemented social networks. I also went back to previous Hubs and I added some content, some amazon and eBay capsules and some pictures.
Day 7 (11th Jan 2015)
Today I managed to write 2 Hubs:
- Roast Poussin With Homemade Gravy
- Hubpages Experiment: Week One Update (this actual post)
Week 1 Update
Do you want to learn more?
What I have learned so far
- Writing many Hubs per day it's not so easy but the more I write the faster I get, I mean, once you start writing one Hub after the other one, you get more ideas for the next ones. Having said so, it takes time, especially if you aim to create good quality Hubs. Anyway I will strive to do my best to complete the challenge!
- Seo is not my friend: this is something I definitely have to work on, I can understand really basic things but I can't really master it (and I think if I could do that, it would make a huge difference). I haven't had many visits from google, but this could also be because my hubs are very new and they need to age.
- Social Networks are my friends: so far my best results come from sharing my Hubs on social network like Facebook, Pinerest and Yummly. I am still trying them out so any tips are welcome. Pinterest is my favourite, but in order to use it at its fullest, you better create a cover image for each article with the title of the Hub (like I did with this Hub). In this was you can pin the image and it will actually be more appealing for people to pin because they will instantly know what the link is about.
- Hubpages scores (profile and hubs) remain a mystery for me. I won't spend any more time trying to figure out what to do to improve them as long as my hubber score stays above 75.
- Quantity is key. I say this because when you write a Hub sometimes you think to yourself 'this is a great Hub! I'm sure it will be a success!' and you barely have a few visits; some other times instead you just write a Hub quickly, not even paying much attention to it, and it goes viral. So, my tip is: don't think too much, write quality content but try to hit the publishing button as often as you can!
You can read the other Hubs about this experiment here: