Hubpages Experiment: Week Two Update
Do you want to write on Hubpages and make a profit?
This is my second update for my Hubpages experiment. I have been writing a few Hubs this week, not as many as I would have liked but I have so many more hubs lined up to finish off. It's not so easy to find the time and the frame of mind to write a good quality Hub every day but I'm doing my best to find new ideas for interesting reads. With this experiment I hope to succeed and inspire many people in doing so. I really like this community and I really think I can be successful as a Hubber as soon as I will have more content on! I also would like to see more people experimenting and taking on challenges. It is really inspiring for me to read successful stories of people starting here like me.
What about you?
How often do you hit the publishing button?
Week 2 (Jan 12th - Jan 18th)
So let's say this week has been a bit slow as I have been also starting other projects that took a lot of my writing time away from me. All in all, I wrote 5 new Hubs, not too bad but my goal was 7 or 8 so I definitely need to finish off some of the Hubs I have started. So let's see what I wrote this week:
- Cleanse Your Body From Parasites And Lose Weight
- Warm Honey Lemon Water: 6 Reasons To Drink It Every Morning
- PTLLS Adult Education: Principles of Assessment in Lifelong Learning
- What is Inclusive Practice in Teaching?
- PTLLS Adult Education: How to establish and maintain a safe and supportive learning environment
What happened this week is that I had so many different ideas and I started so many different Hubs. This is not a bad thing itself because I can always go back when I have the inspiration and write some more, but the thing is I was only able to finish and publish 5 Hubs because I haven't been wise with my writing time. Sure it will be good next time to have Hubs that are already halfway and I can keep writing, but I am not sure it was really worth it. What I need to do is to concentrate on one Hub (2 top) and get them finished and hit the publish button.
Week 2 Update
What about you?
How long are your Hubs?
If you have troubles with SEO like I do:
What I have learned this week
- Social networks are VERY important: I didn't have time this week to share much of my content on pinterest and other social networks and the result reflects that. I have seen a massive drop in traffic and this is the main reason. This also happened because I don't want to be spammy, I mean, I'd rather reach good traffic slowly and make sure I provide new interesting content, than keep sharing the same content over and over. Personal decision, nothing to say.
- I am 'straight to the point (not sure if this is a good or bad thing): what I mean is that sometimes I struggle to write over 1000 words on some subjects. I know we shouldn't aim for that but at the same time I would like to reach a decent Hubscore hence a decent google ranking. Having said that, I also want to keep readers engaged and I know that readers like me enjoy 'straight to the point' articles. There is really no right and wrong here, again it's a choice.
- Implement your old Hubs: I have also been going back to some old Hubs and I have added more content (photos, polls, text) and I think this is a really good thing to do. If I see that a Hub doesn't get much interest I like to spend the time to go back and make it better.
- Hit that publish button! This is it, the key for good traffic and good earning is publish as many Hubs as possible. Make sure you publish good Hubs as well, of course, but keep writing as much as you can, share on social networks everything you publish and you will see results!
What about you?
How long did it take you to get to the 100 Hubs mark?
This challenge may be harder than I had considered, but I still like to challenge myself and see how long it will take me to get to the 100 Hubs mark! After that I think I will continue and see how long it will take me to get to the 200 Hubs mark... well, it will never end!
Apart from reaching goals I am really learning a lot here about writing good online content and share it around. I only hope that Google one day will notice me and start ranking my content better.
What about you? I would love to hear some of your stories if you would like to share!
You can read the other Hubs about this experiment here: